Being deaf and driving...

hmmm gooood question... i never ever had insurance before (cant afford it) and only time i was on insurance was under my father's ... so i cant answer that and i d like to know too..

no way it wouldnt cause our insurance rate goes up. Its all depends on your history of driving. Thats it.

*IF* ever any president ever sign that stupid bill into law, outlaw deaf drivers... WATCH! THere will be HUGE protest across the country and they are gonna to rock the country for sure, and I will be more than happy to join the huge protest.

Whats more, they will have trouble proving that deafies are more likely to get in accidents than hearing people... SHOW US THE DATA THAT BACKS IT UP!!!! I don't think there is any hard evidence proves this. If there was one, we deafies would be long long long time ago banned! This idea had surfaced since the days of AGB who tried to destroy deaf world. So this is not gonna to happen, I know from my heart!

Yea, it does happen to latino and other immigrants that protest against immigrant reform bill but it was too bigger and messed up in LA area due we are live in city that have #1 largest latino.

Didn't read the whole thread but did you know that deaf and hard of hearing drivers are better than hearing drivers? Also, you can get it so that you pay less on your insurance if you have proof that you have a disability? I only pay 64$ a month for my car insurance, I think it's that amount or somewhere near it. :)

Didn't read the whole thread but did you know that deaf and hard of hearing drivers are better than hearing drivers? Also, you can get it so that you pay less on your insurance if you have proof that you have a disability? I only pay 64$ a month for my car insurance, I think it's that amount or somewhere near it. :)

Wow that's not bad at all!

I agree wtih you . ahd Jolie's comments about Vision and pay attention.

that deaf and hard of hearing drivers are better than hearing drivers Yes its true.

In a few years ago, I got e-mail from someone sent me, The newspaper in Flordia, It said that Flordia State police said that Deaf people drivers are better than Hearing people drivers. I cant remember there had serval reasons to put newspapers.

Anyone Deaf or someone knows about this issuse. please post here if someone can.

I got driver's lisence when I was 16 years old. I do enjoyed driving.

Also deaf or HOH can drive boats.

They can do anything expect CANNOT hear it! as we are equal to Hearing people.

Deaf people cannot piolt on the big plane as boeing 737, 747, 777, ETC BTW Deaf people can fly on the small plane. Some good reasons that Deaf people cant do anything bec cant hear and communcate BTW HOH can do anything.

I have another question related to hearing and insurance. o.O

Does lack of hearing cause insurance rates to go up, or down?

i told them im deaf.. but that doesnt affect my insurance as its only 80 dollars a month full coverage..

but one thing i know it is based on credit report as many insurance are doing this now..

I can drive

Hey guys, I got my licence two years ago, I am 19, and I can drive, the only problem I had is lip reading my instructor when I went for my test all he did was point left or right. I passed my test first time.

If someone honks at you, you can't hear him, the person whos honking is gonna get frustrated, and we won't coz we don't hear them, if they tell you off, tell them off back!!

So, if you are deaf and wanna drive, go ahead, nothing is stopping you!!

Kashveera

Yea, a big advantage of being deaf, you could stay calm and got no feelings because you don't have any idea... Only that sucker hearing is wastin alot time and energy on ya. LOL What a peaceful!

Hey guys, I got my licence two years ago, I am 19, and I can drive, the only problem I had is lip reading my instructor when I went for my test all he did was point left or right. I passed my test first time.

If someone honks at you, you can't hear him, the person whos honking is gonna get frustrated, and we won't coz we don't hear them, if they tell you off, tell them off back!!

So, if you are deaf and wanna drive, go ahead, nothing is stopping you!!

Kashveera

Well, when I started driving and was by myself, I had hearing people literally jump off their cars and tell me why the hell was I not listening to them hoot because they wanted to go or something, and I just had to turn around and say: "Sorry, Sir, what can I do, I am deaf!!"- Boy you should just see his face, turned red like a tomato, he really apologized!!

Have fun driving, except I hate traffic, and because I can't hear, we don't have music to keep us company!!

Kashveera

Yea, a big advantage of being deaf, you could stay calm and got no feelings because you don't have any idea... Only that sucker hearing is wastin alot time and energy on ya. LOL What a peaceful!

That's true :lol:

When one guy tried to blows horn about several times and I refused to change the lanes because LA freeway is too full, almost congestion. He got frustrated and started followed me and stopped in parking lot then he got yelled at me and I said that I cannot hear what you said aboput shit thing on me. He called police and want sues on me for not listen via horn, I said just go ahead and police would nothing to help him. When police got out of parking lot and I told that I cannot hear what he said about shit thing and showed my driver license to them then police told one guy that he cannot sue me because I'm deaf then he got gulped and mad, also almost want fight with me. POlice is just pulled him down and let me go to driving, also I'm laughing about one guy who got mad but blows horn and change the lanes aren't important.

That's true :lol:

When one guy tried to blows horn about several times and I refused to change the lanes because LA freeway is too full, almost congestion. He got frustrated and started followed me and stopped in parking lot then he got yelled at me and I said that I cannot hear what you said aboput shit thing on me. He called police and want sues on me for not listen via horn, I said just go ahead and police would nothing to help him. When police got out of parking lot and I told that I cannot hear what he said about shit thing and showed my driver license to them then police told one guy that he cannot sue me because I'm deaf then he got gulped and mad, also almost want fight with me. POlice is just pulled him down and let me go to driving, also I'm laughing about one guy who got mad but blows horn and change the lanes aren't important.

I loved that story!! I am sure that you had a good laugh!! I just told my mother the story and she burst out laughing!!

Sometimes, its nice being deaf, for instance, once I forgot to do my homework, well I was feeling a bit lazy, so I didn't wanna do it, and I went to school the next day, my teacher asked for it, I said, I didn't hear the instruction, She said, Oh my poor baby ( i was in class 2 or something like that), don't worry you can bring it today!! The best part was that, because I was late, I saw what everyone did, and did mine better than theirs! Guess what...I got the best marks!!

Kashveera

Back