Being deaf and driving...

It would sound Crap with a CI.Its Nothing like i heard before.

Excuse me?!? You are one to talk and how would you know? I had a HA before I got my CI and heard pretty well across a range of sounds. Sounds coming via a CI sounds pretty much the same except for the fact I hear things better than ever.

Get a grip! I will say that you are getting so repetitive that you sound like a broken record...

Hmm....First this thread was about deaf people driving, now it's about CI, boy I'm lost...:dizzy:

Hmm....First this thread was about deaf people driving, now it's about CI, boy I'm lost...:dizzy:

Here's a map so you can find your way back! :D
gl12.jpg

I'm very serious. I recently found out
that the Congress is planning to create a new law
where deafies are NOT allowed to drive because
they cannot hear during driving.

This will become illegal soon.

That's BS!!! :roll:

I will moving to UK or Canada if happen.

Link?

I don't believe you. TONS of deaf people drive, and if the law is passed, there are going to be a hell of a lot of protests across the country regarding the new law. It will get struck down. So why bother?

Indeed! I need to see the link too!

I'm very serious. I recently found out
that the Congress is planning to create a new law
where deafies are NOT allowed to drive because
they cannot hear during driving.

This will become illegal soon.

That are not true. Where did you get this news from? I dont believe you! I see many deaf people are driving.

to convince a few certain people.. why dont someone make a poll asking deaf people... how many deaf people drive and how many accidents within 10 years?

just a suggestion.. i believe the number will overwhelm the few people heh.

Obviously, you're hearing. I look up on your website. Definely, not deaf thing.

It's depend on parents who will or won't. Most of low-income family cannot afford to pay their child to take driving course. It's very fortunately for some or most deaf who have and own.
how hard is it for deaf person to learn to drive

I am aware that some LASIK patients can't drive at night. I only said if it was corrected, not perfected. There are alot of other limitations that applies to this but it doesn't mean that it is for each and every one.
I had LASIK surgery, and I can drive at night, no problem.

In the 70's, maybe a little before that, a well-known judge in Colorado, Judge Sherman Finesilver said: "Hearing or the lack of it not a basis for safe driving". Case closed!

Back