Being deaf and driving...

:roll: :sure: we deaf people can't drive .... Idiot QQ to ask here ... i sick of people ask this QQ whoever ask this QQ i jsut went :roll: how sad people they are !! sorry for me being say it ...

people should be more concerned abt risky driving like... people who were high, drunk driving, untrained drivers, etc because they are already a danger and everyone knows abt it.

theres even organizations abt preventing that from happening...

but i never even once heard from news or anything abt risky driving from being deaf. i never heard of any organizations preventing that from happening, i never heard of it causing deaths, etc. do u know why? ofc being deaf is not a disease or habit. Its simply is lack of hearing. Deaf is NOT blind so dont get those two to be confused.

Deaf people CAN drive... the real question here is... can they afford that? considering how expensive cars are, classes are, insurance etc... some of us are lucky cuz of good parents or good jobs or whatever the reason. :)

ok. I can drive myself, learned at 16 and then stopped cuz of an accident, it scared me from driving.. Just learned again this year with the help of my hearing boyfriend.. So Deaf people can drive just as well if not better than hearing people.. I've had cops stop me and compliment my driving, and then be shocked that I was deaf. but they took it in stride.
So being deaf has nothing to do with driving.. it's just watching what's going on around you. And if congress passes that stupid law.. they're gonna have one heck of a fight on their hands!:rl:

You know MostDeaf.com just asked a simple question. A question it seemed with a little concern. I don't understand why y'all get so mad over nothing. You can either drive when your deaf or not. Believe it not. But there's plenty of hearing that can't drive either. Or hard for them to drive. Of course only one little disadvantage being deaf. Is that not being able to hear a car horn & emergency vehicles. Because the hearing the car horn sometimes can help prevent you from getting into a car accident before its to late..But then again you got hearing people that have their radios full blast & can't hear that either. Anyways, MostDeaf.com I'm sure if you or anyone else that you know is deaf worried about driving. I'm sure y'all can learn how. It takes alot of time & practice & getting the experience on the road. Good Luck to you:)

Hey! Wondering if there is truly a road map that got Braille built in, eh? Deafies got eyes can read map, so therefore can drive... Blind, they would need a map with Braille or guide dog!

Here's a map so you can find your way back! :D
gl12.jpg

Wait, there is more! Don't you know that there is increased number of accident all becasuse idiot had their cell phone glued to their ears!

I DO feel offend when hearing ask this stupid question. While they have complained about ambient noises around the car and demand manufacturer building better soundproof car. Honda Acura is one of them! I remember the advertising that got plenty of speakers around the car with loud noise and say that this driver inside this nice car can't hear nothing. Whats wrong with this???

You know MostDeaf.com just asked a simple question. A question it seemed with a little concern. I don't understand why y'all get so mad over nothing. You can either drive when your deaf or not. Believe it not. But there's plenty of hearing that can't drive either. Or hard for them to drive. Of course only one little disadvantage being deaf. Is that not being able to hear a car horn & emergency vehicles. Because the hearing the car horn sometimes can help prevent you from getting into a car accident before its to late..But then again you got hearing people that have their radios full blast & can't hear that either. Anyways, MostDeaf.com I'm sure if you or anyone else that you know is deaf worried about driving. I'm sure y'all can learn how. It takes alot of time & practice & getting the experience on the road. Good Luck to you:)

Are you kidding?

I have had drivers license and motorcycle license for about 22 years, do I see problem with that? I don't think so!

I think that Deaf people can NOT drive and
You MUST hear before you can drive
This is very dangerous for being unable
to hear anything while driving !!!!

That is true, but sadly many hearie research refused to accept this fact and covering this up!

I have read somewhere that deaf drivers are better drivers than the hearing folks becuz we dont let anything distract us while driving. Hearies get distracted by radio music, cell phones, etc. so many more of them get into accidents than deafies.

Nah, not even a chance! The supreme court will shot that law down for sure! Know why? UPS has lost the case, class action suit from deaf UPS worker sued UPS, and deaf worker won the case, end up let them drive UPS truck starting last spring!

Congress would be very stupid in passing that law, only that it WILL backfire, just watch!

I'm very serious. I recently found out
that the Congress is planning to create a new law
where deafies are NOT allowed to drive because
they cannot hear during driving.

This will become illegal soon.

I think that Deaf people can NOT drive and
You MUST hear before you can drive
This is very dangerous for being unable
to hear anything while driving !!!!

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
I pray that you are just being sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fingersx:

Yeah true about all the noise. I don't understand why people need all those speakers nor have the huge ones to begin with. Just to thump thump I guess? I do know in some states, you can get a ticket for that, especially at night. As far as the cell phones goes. I know, I about got rear ended by a woman talking on her cell last week. & just in time I pull over because she wasn't stopping, paying attention, or nothing. That is until I honked my horn at her bigtime..LoL alls she did was go faster. But anyways I understand what your saying. I use my cell phone myself while driving. But I use the headset for mine.

Wait, there is more! Don't you know that there is increased number of accident all becasuse idiot had their cell phone glued to their ears!

I DO feel offend when hearing ask this stupid question. While they have complained about ambient noises around the car and demand manufacturer building better soundproof car. Honda Acura is one of them! I remember the advertising that got plenty of speakers around the car with loud noise and say that this driver inside this nice car can't hear nothing. Whats wrong with this???

*IF* ever any president ever sign that stupid bill into law, outlaw deaf drivers... WATCH! THere will be HUGE protest across the country and they are gonna to rock the country for sure, and I will be more than happy to join the huge protest.

Whats more, they will have trouble proving that deafies are more likely to get in accidents than hearing people... SHOW US THE DATA THAT BACKS IT UP!!!! I don't think there is any hard evidence proves this. If there was one, we deafies would be long long long time ago banned! This idea had surfaced since the days of AGB who tried to destroy deaf world. So this is not gonna to happen, I know from my heart!

I'm very serious. I recently found out
that the Congress is planning to create a new law
where deafies are NOT allowed to drive because
they cannot hear during driving.

This will become illegal soon.

Oh i know there would be. I protest right along with everyone.

*IF* ever any president ever sign that stupid bill into law, outlaw deaf drivers... WATCH! THere will be HUGE protest across the country and they are gonna to rock the country for sure, and I will be more than happy to join the huge protest.

Whats more, they will have trouble proving that deafies are more likely to get in accidents than hearing people... SHOW US THE DATA THAT BACKS IT UP!!!! I don't think there is any hard evidence proves this. If there was one, we deafies would be long long long time ago banned! This idea had surfaced since the days of AGB who tried to destroy deaf world. So this is not gonna to happen, I know from my heart!

Since I'm Stoned Deaf myself, I forgot to mention
that I was "Being Very Sarcastic" about this. :cool:

Interesting to see how people react, ugh.

I'm just being something like "Barbara Streisand" LOL

Since I'm Stoned Deaf myself, I forgot to mention
that I was "Being Very Sarcastic" about this. :cool:

Interesting to see how people react, ugh.

I'm just being something like "Barbara Streisand" LOL

I did ask you if you were being sarcastic. You said no, you said you were being serious. That's why we all took you seriously.

If you were being sarcastic, then you should have said so.

I did ask you if you were being sarcastic. You said no, you said you were being serious. That's why we all took you seriously.

If you were being sarcastic, then you should have said so.

:werd: Sounds like someone wanted to yank our chain to see how we'd react. NOT cool considering many deafies don't consider their hearing loss an impediment to driving.

I have another question related to hearing and insurance. o.O

Does lack of hearing cause insurance rates to go up, or down?

I have another question related to hearing and insurance. o.O

Does lack of hearing cause insurance rates to go up, or down?

hmmm gooood question... i never ever had insurance before (cant afford it) and only time i was on insurance was under my father's ... so i cant answer that and i d like to know too..

Back