Being deaf and driving...

This is the dumbest question people have to ask... this question makes me :pissed:

Deaf people can SEE with their eyes, EXCEPT hear!!! simple!!!

yea true i agree with u!

Good post. Why don't hearing GET IT that driving requires eye-coordination, not eye-ear-coordination???

FYI, a person with severe usher syndrome is not allowed to drive. what does this mean? it means that any time a person with limited EYES is not feasible to drive at all.

Well, its depends on people but several people with severe US are still driving for good reason and not need to give up their independent, also need practice on attention and driving then get usually it.

Deafness by itself shouldn't prevent anyone from learning how to drive, and passing the road test. However, I do know some Deaf individuals who can't pass the written test after several tries. I guess that would be the same situation for hearing people who don't have adequate English reading skills.

Deaf people cannot drive on semi-truck but that's sad news.

Buck...you can't even handle being deaf let alone being visually impaired.

Worry about where you are right now, not about some fantasy world that could have been. Just accept your situation and make something of it...life is not fair...okay!?!

Did you know Bill Haley was visually impaired? And He was one of the greatest Rock musicians ever played.Plus he was a song writer as well He wrote songs like
" Rock Around The Clock "
" Rocking Beatin Boggie "
" Skinny Minnie "
" See you Later Alligator "
" R-O-C-K "

Did you know Bill Haley was visually impaired? And He was one of the greatest Rock musicians ever played.Plus he was a song writer as well He wrote songs like
" Rock Around The Clock "
" Rocking Beatin Boggie "
" Skinny Minnie "
" See you Later Alligator "
" R-O-C-K "

How about get CI? You can get hear again with CI.

I think that Deaf people can NOT drive and
You MUST hear before you can drive
This is very dangerous for being unable
to hear anything while driving !!!!

Deafness by itself shouldn't prevent anyone from learning how to drive, and passing the road test. However, I do know some Deaf individuals who can't pass the written test after several tries. I guess that would be the same situation for hearing people who don't have adequate English reading skills.

I admit that I am one of them who didn't pass the written exam it wasn't because of lack of reading skills but there were some big words in some of the question that I didn't know what the word means etc....That's why I took the video exam where the interpreter signs the questions and it was much easier for me to understand what question was being asked without having to find out what this or that word means....

It would sound Crap with a CI.Its Nothing like i heard before.

Just go to Wal-Mart and buy laser pen then bring to home and use laser pen to point near to eyes, just keep on until you losing sights then you will be blind.
550_XLAPO128.jpg

Ur kidding me right?

Cross the street is dangerous. Walking in the parking lot at the store is dangerous. Now u telling us we can not walk across the street or walk thru parking lot cuz we can not hear?. Now u telling us we can not be part of this hearing world? Everywhere is dangerous.

I have read somewhere that deaf drivers are better drivers than the hearing folks becuz we dont let anything distract us while driving. Hearies get distracted by radio music, cell phones, etc. so many more of them get into accidents than deafies.

Ur kidding me right?

Cross the street is dangerous. Walking in the parking lot at the store is dangerous. Now u telling us we can not walk across the street or walk thru parking lot cuz we can not hear?. Now u telling us we can not be part of this hearing world? Everywhere is dangerous.

Hmm, Even making babies is dangerous nowadays

I hope you are just being sarcastic. If not...did your momma drop you on your head when you were a baby?

I hope you are just being sarcastic. If not...did your momma drop you on your head when you were a baby?

I'm very serious. I recently found out
that the Congress is planning to create a new law
where deafies are NOT allowed to drive because
they cannot hear during driving.

This will become illegal soon.

Last edited:

Link?

I don't believe you. TONS of deaf people drive, and if the law is passed, there are going to be a hell of a lot of protests across the country regarding the new law. It will get struck down. So why bother?

Damn them following Japan's law by banned deaf to have license to drive. If they do, I hope they pay me alot money to live cuz my job require driving.

Link?

I don't believe you. TONS of deaf people drive, and if the law is passed, there are going to be a hell of a lot of protests across the country regarding the new law. It will get struck down. So why bother?

Yeah, Lucia. I'm hearing and to be fair, I do not drive. However, the reasons I don't, don't apply to deafies. I never have given it a second thought on whether a deafie can drive or not. Hearing loss alone should NOT preclude someone from obtaining a license. If a person is capable of passing the tests required for obtaining a license, then they should be given the license.

As to any law that is passed, that's just assinine. Nobody in their right mind would pass such a law. That's blatant discrimination and the ACLU along with every deaf organization on the PLANET would be on that like white on rice!

It wouldn't stand.

Back