Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't deny to customers based on race, gender, disabilities, sex orientation, so that's not unconstitutional.

Again, the Constitution trumps statutes. The constitution guarantees this baker a right to the free exercise of religion. Simple.

Exactly...

Just like McDonald's doesn't sell pizza. They sell food, but not that kind of food.

When I was in business we installed insulation. But I only installed the white,yellow and pink types of insulation. I never installed the green. Same thing, this man does not sell Gay Wedding cakes. Simple.

Apple to orange.

Like I said above, the business owner needs to make wedding cake and tell to same sex couples that they don't have supplies, such as same sex status on top of cake, so it is up to same sex couple to take it. That's logical reason and the business owner doesn't have to deal with legal issue, such as the court.

Apple to orange.

Like I said above, the business owner needs to make wedding cake and tell to same sex couples that they don't have supplies, such as same sex status on top of cake, so it is up to same sex couple to take it. That's logical reason and the business owner doesn't have to deal with legal issue, such as the court.

He will win in court, and gain publicity.

Again, the Constitution trumps statutes. The constitution guarantees this baker a right to the free exercise of religion. Simple.

Not really, the baker can't use religious reason to deny the customers because of race, gender, disabilities, sex orientation, so he isn't fully protected under US constitution and our court hasn't rule it.

If baker disagrees with state law so they can move to other state that don't have GLBT protection law.

It is up to YOU to sue or not.

They can't deny to do business with you because you are white - that's illegal under civil rights law, so you can file the complaint with state/federal or sue in the court.

For disabilities - the ADA cover that.

SUE them??...you gotta be kidding!...The courts are already deemed full because of silly frivorious lawsuits....and I can see someone going in front of a Judge saying..."They told me they were out of Chicken and served the other Black customers before me".....I would have been laughed out of Court....

It's simple...if someone doesn't want ur business, take it elsewhere.

SUE them??...you gotta be kidding!...The courts are already deemed full because of silly frivorious lawsuits....and I can see someone going in front of a Judge saying..."They told me they were out of Chicken and served the other Black customers before me".....I would have been laughed out of Court....

It's simple...if someone doesn't want ur business, take it elsewhere.

No, I'm not kidding, I'm serious, but you chose not to sue or file the complaint, so that's your decision.

For me, I will file the complaint if they have done to me, so I did to few businesses that denied the service to me because of my disability.

Again, no. the law says that constitutional rights trump statutes. The law is VERY clear about that.

No, the Oregon state law hasn't rule as unconstitutional, so the business owner is in trouble with state department of justice, so we have anti-discrmination to protect the same sex citizens.

No, I'm not kidding, I'm serious, but you chose not to sue or file the complaint, so that's your decision.

For me, I will file the complaint if they have done to me, so I did to few businesses that denied the service to me because of my disability.

Sue Happy much?....:cool2:

Sue Happy much?....:cool2:

File the complaint and sue are not same thing.

File the complaint - write a letter to NAD (for ADA) and government agency.

Sue - I have to hire the lawyer and file the lawsuit.

I prefer to file the complaint because cheaper method to resolve.

No, the Oregon state law hasn't rule as unconstitutional, so the business owner is in trouble with state department of justice, so we have anti-discrmination to protect the same sex citizens.

You don't seem to understand how the law works. The state law is not unconstitutional. The state will investigate, IMO they will find no harm was done and move on. BUT if they continue, the baker will fight and appeal if necessary claiming his 1st amendment rights trump state law. Meaning that, allow the state law is valid, he is protected from it in this case. And he would be right.

However, it won't even go that far because of this....

“My first question*is what’s the wedding date,” said owner*Aaron Klein.* “My next question is bride and groom’s name … the girl giggled a little bit and said*it’s two brides.”
Klein*apologized to the women and told them he and*his wife do not make cakes for*same-sex marriages.**Klein said the*women were disgusted and walked out.

He didn't discriminate against these individuals. He informed them that his business does not provide that service. Very clear.

You don't seem to understand how the law works. The state law is not unconstitutional. The state will investigate, IMO they will find no harm was done and move on. BUT if they continue, the baker will fight and appeal if necessary claiming his 1st amendment rights trump state law. Meaning that, allow the state law is valid, he is protected from it in this case. And he would be right.

However, it won't even go that far because of this....

He didn't discriminate against these individuals. He informed them that his business does not provide that service. Very clear.

No, I'm not misunderstood about how law works and I'm heavily express my view about the law. The final decision will be held by the judge.

The religious/personal reason are not always excusable to discriminate against anyone, based on gender, race, disabilities, sex orientation, other classes whatever defined by the law.

I see the baker's case as discriminate against on lesbian couple, that how I expressed my view, so the court has FINAL ANSWER.

No, I'm not misunderstood about how law works and I'm heavily express my view about the law. The final decision will be held by the judge.

The religious/personal reason are not always excusable to discriminate against anyone, based on gender, race, disabilities, sex orientation, other classes whatever defined by the law.

I see the baker's case as discriminate against on lesbian couple, that how I expressed my view, so the court has FINAL ANSWER.

I doubt the case will make it to court.

Who knows about case will goes to court or not. :dunno:

To add, Every "baker" that I have known that sells wedding cakes does much more than just bake a cake. They usually attend the wedding and provide plates/utensils and assist with the cake cutting ceremony.

I would hate to think that we have lost so much freedom in this country that a person can't even operate their own business within their morals set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back