Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara1981

Reaction score
Baker refuses to make wedding cake for lesbian couple and 'calls them abominations unto the Lord'
Aaron Klein complaint: Baker refuses to make wedding cake for lesbian couple and 'calls them abominations unto the Lord' | Mail Online

Did a baker break the law when he denied service to same-sex couple?
Did a baker break the law when he denied service to same-sex couple? | Business | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Mostly bakery owners always respect policy they OK makes wedding cakes for same sex couples or not..

Oh wow, the baker will be fined or offer the compensation to couple for violate the state law - Oregon Equality Act.

Hey Sara - it is actually state law that banned the discrimination based on sex orientation, so this baker is required to serve to couple, regardless on sex orientation but he refused.

OMG at the comments from KATU and a lot of terrible attacking, so we are glad that AD is much cleaner than KATU.

Sara - thank you for sharing with us.

Well, I have no problem about lesbian couples, since they don't spread HIV, so... They can do as they like. Lesbian term is actually named after the ancient Roman island, Lesbos (or was it Greek?). I read about it in Latin textbook in college. Very interesting.

However when it comes to gay couple (and I mean male gay), I do have some issue with that. HIV/AIDS need to be eradicated.

Oh crap this is in LGBT thread. I bet guys would make bad comments toward me.

*face palms*

Umm I assume this is an "allowed" thread?

If so, then they will probably try to track me down, murder me, and lynch me.

Well, I have no problem about lesbian couples, since they don't spread HIV, so... They can do as they like. Lesbian term is actually named after the ancient Roman island, Lesbos (or was it Greek?). I read about it in Latin textbook in college. Very interesting.

However when it comes to gay couple (and I mean male gay), I do have some issue with that. HIV/AIDS need to be eradicated.

unfortunately your information is somehow incorrect. Hey I suck at history or reading but I remember that women ( either straight or lesbian) get more hiv/aids that have been growing rather than gay or straight guys.

I am sure someone will come in and post a link here. I suck at it due to lack of time. kitties got my mind so distracting. like my kitty tavish's paw poking me a lottt why he wants me to pet him.

oh boy..cant believe you said that.

oh boy..cant believe you said that.

I didn't imply the idea of murdering them. I'm just saying, get vaccine done quickly and quietly. But it's good idea not to "spread it all over"....

But then I'm an alcoholic so, their problem is practically the same disease as mine. :-/

Are you from Feb 3, 1983? :ugh3:

There are no difference with straight couple and they can get HIV/AIDS for unprotected sex, so main problem is "unprotected sex", regardless on straight or gay. HIV/AIDS can be prevented by use safe sex with proper inspection or don't sex at all. Don't assume that all gay people commit sex and some of them are abstinence.

Oh crap this is in LGBT thread. I bet guys would make bad comments toward me.

*face palms*

Umm I assume this is an "allowed" thread?

If so, then they will probably try to track me down, murder me, and lynch me.

This thread is discuss about treat of lesbian couple and the baker, so it doesn't discuss about gay/lesbian in general so please rescind the discussion about those. I'm not surprised that you received shock message from other members and the debate about HIV/AIDS must be done under debate section, not in GLBT section. There is other problem - you failed to include the argument about straight people - see my comment above.

Last paragraph - that's one of most ridiculous question and why are you said at beginning.

I didn't imply the idea of murdering them. I'm just saying, get vaccine done quickly and quietly. But it's good idea not to "spread it all over"....

But then I'm an alcoholic so, their problem is practically the same disease as mine. :-/

I'm high risk for alcoholic and I don't drink any alcoholic beverages.

The alcoholic can be prevented by not drink alcoholic beverage or drink less - one beer bottle or one small cup of spirit. That's your responsible to maintain the health in your body.

Small ABV - drink one regular bottle (beer)

Large ABV - drink small amount of cup (spirit)

incorrect.

Back on topic, the Baker should not be penalized here. We are a free society, businesses have the right to refuse service and it happens all of the time. Punishing the baker would infringe upon his right to exercise.

It may be bad business, but there should be nothing illegal about this.

Back on topic, the Baker should not be penalized here. We are a free society, businesses have the right to refuse service and it happens all of the time. Punishing the baker would infringe upon his right to exercise.

It may be bad business, but there should be nothing illegal about this.

I have no idea why I didn't post that there's nothing illegal going on here.

Oh wow, the baker will be fined or offer the compensation to couple for violate the state law - Oregon Equality Act.

Hey Sara - it is actually state law that banned the discrimination based on sex orientation, so this baker is required to serve to couple, regardless on sex orientation but he refused.

the discrimination law only applies to employment, not customer.

Right...just as on some Establishments doors, saying..."No Shoes, Shirt...No Service"...and also..."No Checks"....and I've seen..."No kids under the age of 10 without Parents"...or..."3 children only at a time allowed in store".....and "No alcoholic beverages opened/consumed in the store"...."No Loitering"....many, many things....and of course..."Pay Before Pumping" (gas)......."Limit 2 w/purchase"....We, as private citizens have the right to post anything on our doors...allow/not allow anyone in our home and feel a business owner has that right also.

Yeah, I've seen signs in business establishments that proclaim their right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

No, I don't think so because law doesn't mention about employment so it can be broader to include the customers. You see that why state department of justice is investigating in those case and it is up to judge.

Deny to serve the gay customers are just similar to deny the serve to black customers, so both are illegal.

Also, I'm still researching.

Right...just as on some Establishments doors, saying..."No Shoes, Shirt...No Service"...and also..."No Checks"....and I've seen..."No kids under the age of 10 without Parents"...or..."3 children only at a time allowed in store".....and "No alcoholic beverages opened/consumed in the store"...."No Loitering"....many, many things....and of course..."Pay Before Pumping" (gas)......."Limit 2 w/purchase"....We, as private citizens have the right to post anything on our doors...allow/not allow anyone in our home and feel a business owner has that right also.

Apple to orange.

The businesses couldn't deny to customers, based on race, gender, religion, sex orientation, disabilities, etc.

Only religious organizations are exempted from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back