Australian Sign Language Vlog's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
All,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned twice or three times by other members of the forum - Do you reckon, as myself, known ASL signs, make a vlog about what Australian Sign Language is like?

Like for example below:

- Vlog of AUSLAN(Aust. Sign Language) fingerspelling ( I can translate it in ASL as I can to make it clearer)

What is your ideas? What things DO you really want to see in AUSLAN?

Is some signs similar to ASL?

Yes, there is some signs similar. Any questions, you would be cruious to ask, don't be afraid to ask!

J - :afro:

Oh man! I JUST had to write a paper on Auslan and you would have been reeeeeeealy helpful! The one sign I remember in Auslan is "ROME," which is the same sign as ASL "NAME."

Well, I'm Australian and is US resident living in USA since July 2005. I can assure you some AUSLAN signs are the same as ASL but given different/same vocabulary

For example,

Where ASL = What AUSLAN
Stand ASL = Stand AUSLAN

Thats all I can think of for now and will add more.

Aussie expat

I'd love to see a Vlog. The ways that different nationalities and cultures express similar concepts in sign is fascinating.

Shelia said:
Oh man! I JUST had to write a paper on Auslan and you would have been reeeeeeealy helpful! The one sign I remember in Auslan is "ROME," which is the same sign as ASL "NAME."

That's correct.

Well, I'm Australian and is US resident living in USA since July 2005. I can assure you some AUSLAN signs are the same as ASL but given different/same vocabulary

For example,

Where ASL = What AUSLAN
Stand ASL = Stand AUSLAN

Thats all I can think of for now and will add more.

Aussie expat

Deafaussie's correct - Where AUSLAN the sign "What" in ASL is the sign of "Where" in AUSLAN.

I'd love to see a Vlog. The ways that different nationalities and cultures express similar concepts in sign is fascinating.

Keep an eye out for one coming soon but I have to find an camera first as my webcam's broken but I can use my brand new phone so will try and make one over the weekend and put it up.

Cheers, Jake

That's correct.

Deafaussie's correct - Where AUSLAN the sign "What" in ASL is the sign of "Where" in AUSLAN.

Keep an eye out for one coming soon but I have to find an camera first as my webcam's broken but I can use my brand new phone so will try and make one over the weekend and put it up.

Cheers, Jake

I'll be watching!

I'll be watching!

Just have a question before I can start - what would you like to see for the time being?

Perhaps.....Basic Signs like the AUSLAN A - Z (Fingerspelling) and the greeting message?

Like :

"(In ASL) Hi, I'm Jacob. This's first VLOG. I show you what AUSLAN signs are. We start with the basics:

(In ASL) I show you Alphabet
(In AUSLAN - Showing the Alphabet Showing the similarity with the ASL):
A (ASL) A(AUSLAN) and so on.

(In ASL) - "My Name Jacob"
(In AUSLAN) - "My Name Jacob"

Any opinions/thoughts/suggestions?

How about some commonly used phrases, like greetings and such? Or signs for commonly used objects?

That was a really interesting site. I found that some of the signs are very simialr, and some are totally different. And then some resemble the ASL signs that represent a different concept in ASL. For instance, the Australian sign for night looked almost identical to the ASL sign for blind.

jillio, you can look up in here of our Auslan.

Auslan - Signbank

Thanks, Koala - but still I could make the VLOG, but currently I am on interstate holiday so that webiste is the alernative and the sign for night is similar to blind, yes but there is other signs.. I will show you in the VLOG.

Cheers

Jake - :afro:

I apolgize for the delay as I have been busy from the last few days, here is my first VLOG as an introduction of myself in two languages. Please post what you think? I, also, would like to hear some ideas/suggestions for the next VLOG on Australian Sign Language - like any signs you want to see.

VLOG

Enjoy! :D

Very cool! If you're willing, I would love to see the Auslan Manual Alphabet A-Z and some numbers. :D

Very cool! If you're willing, I would love to see the Auslan Manual Alphabet A-Z and some numbers. :D

Thanks! :ty:
I am currently uploading the second VLOG at the moment, will post the VLOG real soon so hang on there, guys and dolls :)

Finally, after a slow loading period.....for my second VLOG which was completed about 30 minutes ago I believe..

Here is the second VLOG on about AUSLAN alphabet and Numbers (Some ASL signs included)

VLOG #2

Enjoy :D

Great video! Thank you. (and I'm happy that it was slow enough for me to follow!)

Great video! Thank you. (and I'm happy that it was slow enough for me to follow!)

Thanks, Shelia and I am glad that you can follow up the signs I showed you... good thing, that I know ASL (just average, but still learning) to help manage the understanding...:)

I would like to learn some, maybe as much as I could because someday I would be flying out there and visit your country. :) Funny, signing is much easier than to speak another language such as Spanish and other language. I couldn't speak their language, just plain English.

I would like to learn some, maybe as much as I could because someday I would be flying out there and visit your country. :) Funny, signing is much easier than to speak another language such as Spanish and other language. I couldn't speak their language, just plain English.

I would be hapy to post a few VLOGs for you guys to learn a thing or two.. but I just need some ideas to start off.. ;) it would be helpful, if you helped do some brainstorming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back