Attn: Addressing some issues that has been going on.

ouch. still touchy to this date.... damn... internet's a serious business indeed. the funny thing is... it's forgotten until the wound's re-opened again once the thread needs to be closed.

:dunno:

Well said.

I understand. Anyone should be allowed to start a new thread. and keep it open. But for personal matters, it is common in all boards they will close a thread because the OP asked them to. They will ask them to close it because they regret starting it in the first place or they found their answer and didn't want it to turn into a heated debate.. they didn't start it to start a debate but to find an answer for herself)

Sometimes if I start a thread to make a fun game, I will make rules for that thread to the very beginning. If people didn't listen to that rules and did whatever they wanted to do, it wouldn't be fun and I lost my purpose of starting that thread in the first place. So in a way, if it not working out, I probably will ask the members to go by the rules or just close the thread. BUT I would also lost my purpose of that thread if I kept adding new rules as I go along (unless it is a good reason) and it isn't really fair for the other posters. And that would be another reason to close my thread.

It is fine if someone wants to close a thread they started but if someone else starts the same thread, it doesnt make it right for that member to have the other member's thread closed due to "ownership".

Do people here support racism and audism? If someone came in here calling all white people dirty rednecks or whatever, that person will definitely get attacked.

HEY !!!

Leave the rednecks outta this !!!

<< waving my confederate flag >>

lol at South Fella But I hope they don't support racism or audism. But I don't appreciate people calling conservative racist either. I'm am a conservative to some degree, but I'm also democrat in some areas as well.

lol at South Fella But I hope they don't support racism or audism. But I don't appreciate people calling conservative racist either. I'm am a conservative to some degree, but I'm also democrat in some areas as well.
Where I come from, we don't normally call anyone racist; we say that the comment was racist in nature.

Racist is a watered down and overused word... If you disagree with Prez Owebama , some folks accuse you of being " racist ". I disagree with him because I disagree with him. Not because of the color of his skin. BTW he is a mutt ! ( white and black )

GOD Bless America !!!

I know SouthFella for quite a few years and have met him as well.

He is quite the Southern.

You know the quote " Talks and walks like a duck...." :giggle:

Gee I am Southern, I do not hold to these stereotypes. Ouchie. :P
Is that called profiling? :giggle:

I too am Southern and have never felt this way. Now, I am married to a wonderful man who is the only child of very perjudiced people.

Getting back on the topic of this thread: I have never understood the need for "ownership" of a thread. I know I have started a few and never felt they were mine and was glad to have others contribute. That's the beauty of these forums.

Just my honest opinion.

I too am Southern and have never felt this way. Now, I am married to a wonderful man who is the only child of very perjudiced people.

Getting back on the topic of this thread: I have never understood the need for "ownership" of a thread. I know I have started a few and never felt they were mine and was glad to have others contribute. That's the beauty of these forums.

Just my honest opinion.

Me too. It' why I prefer forums to blogs cuz I'm interested in what others say. like you, I'm very much a southern but I am certainly far from a sterotypical southerner.

I've noticed a couple of negative comments directed at OPs lately. It's easy to forget that the user posting here is a real person. Many of us are more or less anonymous here. It helps when people post pictures of themselves and post about their lives in the chatty threads (like the lounge thread). That makes us "real."

On a couple of occasions, I've suggested that it would be a good idea to check out the more personal threads and to "socialize" a bit. I'm serious when I suggest it. Usually, this suggestion is either dismissed or met with hostility. Perhaps the suggestion is interpreted as STFU but my real intent is to get to know the poster better so that I can understand where the poster is coming from. Or maybe I suggested being social to anti-social people. I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks to the ADers who post their pics and chat. Ya'll are great!

Spent a winter in Georgia last year. I don't see outright racism so much as a general unspoken racism. Amounts to the same thing in my eyes. A seperation of colors as associates. And on dating sites I was surprised how many white folk list that they will only date other whites. It goes beyond racism toward blacks.....is downright white supremacism agaisnt all colors but white.
"That's the way I was raised"...... is a sorryass excuse.
I consider many to be afraid to think thier own thoughts and be thier own selves. Chickenpoop.
Also found too much 'anti-northernism' which bothered me more. Unamerican in my eyes. The whole seperation idea. Unamerican. No two ways about it.
yeah you can rant...ain't no excuse for holding discriminating thought toward other americans. Very inclusive-racist. Not just toward blacks. Chickenpoop.

Spent a winter in Georgia last year. I don't see outright racism so much as a general unspoken racism. Amounts to the same thing in my eyes. A seperation of colors as associates. And on dating sites I was surprised how many white folk list that they will only date other whites. It goes beyond racism toward blacks.....is downright white supremacism agaisnt all colors but white.
"That's the way I was raised"...... is a sorryass excuse.
I consider many to be afraid to think thier own thoughts and be thier own selves. Chickenpoop.
Also found too much 'anti-northernism' which bothered me more. Unamerican in my eyes. The whole seperation idea. Unamerican. No two ways about it.
yeah you can rant...ain't no excuse for holding discriminating thought toward other americans. Very inclusive-racist. Not just toward blacks. Chickenpoop.

I thought we had moved on from the "racism" issue and returned to the original intent of this thread.

Please, can we move on?

Does it ever occur to you that some people are attracted to their own kind

Back