Attn: Addressing some issues that has been going on.

Just a friendly reminder to you Maria about OP and threads - OP does not own the thread.

Thread ownership :shock:

Oh, wow! Thanks for bringin' this attention up. I just read at "Thread ownership". I guess, it's not important to create one's own thread afterall it was his/her "written" like a book or somethin' ? :hmm:

Oh, wow! Thanks for bringin' this attention up. I just read at "Thread ownership". I guess, it's not important to create one's own thread afterall it was his/her "written" like a book or somethin' ? :hmm:

:dizzy: sorry but please explain again

Sorry, dude. Use your concept. :)

but I don't understand your post because..... well I don't want to sound mean but you put me in this position. The reason why I asked you to clarify is because your last sentence is not grammatically coherent. I have absolutely no idea what you just said so I'm asking you to clarify it. sorry!

but I don't understand your post because..... well I don't want to sound mean but you put me in this position. The reason why I asked you to clarify is because your last sentence is not grammatically coherent. I have absolutely no idea what you just said so I'm asking you to clarify it. sorry!

Well, I opposed for not ownin' a thread by someone who created it. It is HIS/or HER "writing" to express his or her thoughts/feelings. That's his/or her own heart and mind to share. It flows out of his or her feelings to tell it by writing them. Same goes with the mind (eyes ) to share its views/experiences and all.

I don't understand why any of ADer can't own his/or her thread here.That's like that person is not to be seen to own it.... or like he/or she is no body, except just debatin' and discussin' and all that. Soo, I said it's NOT important to create a thread, if I can't own it just because of my feelings/or thoughts don't mean anythin'. It's very interestin' to see some of things that changed around here ...in THIS AD.

Because it's a forum? You can't regulate who can or who can't post on a public forum.

At least with blogs, you have control over who can comment. Don't like their comments, just delete it. On a forum, you can't do that. Different medium.

Nothing has "changed." What changed is that people developed the mentality of blog ownership, due to the rising popularity of blogs in the last 5 years, and applied it to BBS-based software.

Well, I opposed for not ownin' a thread by someone who created it. It is HIS/or HER "writing" to express his or her thoughts/feelings. That's his/or her own heart and mind to share. It flows out of his or her feelings to tell it by writing them. Same goes with the mind (eyes ) to share its views/experiences and all.

I don't understand why any of ADer can't own his/or her thread here.That's like that person is not to be seen to own it.... or like he/or she is no body, except just debatin' and discussin' and all that. Soo, I said it's NOT important to create a thread, if I can't own it just because of my feelings/or thoughts don't mean anythin'. It's very interestin' to see some of things that changed around here ...in THIS AD.

ah-ha! :ty: I understand better now. You see - this is forum for everybody to participate in ANY threads, right? That means OP cannot do anything about the thread he/she created except to request :locked:

What you just said in your post - if that is how you feel, then people can go create their own personal blog such as this one, not a thread in here because it's controlled by mods. Few ADers in here like kokonut, souggy, and karissma have their own blogs. They have FULL CONTROL of their content.

so yea do you know what I'm saying?

Do people here support racism and audism? If someone came in here calling all white people dirty rednecks or whatever, that person will definitely get attacked.

I have to admit that as we near the new era, people become more frivolous in their claims. Is it because we are now being raised by the computer era? Are we forgetting that we are the ones that were raised by the same baby boomers who had no technological gadgets as our younger peers have had?

Please re-think your priorities when you feel the need to own up to a thread. Please own up to your childish antics and own up to your bullying in this forum first.

Thank you.

What? Ya'll thought your threads were tax deductible??

The idea of a forum is that it is an open to public discussion board. Which means it can and will in all probability deviate off from the topic. Those are the odds of dealing with the public. Human nature in a crowd. The forum board is not a classroom where an instructor keeps control of the topic. It is an evolving discussion. When people joke around and then everyone starts joking...same thing....but because it is funny and/or positive noone complains....but if it goes off topic in another manner then we get complaints. double standard.
noone owns a thread.....ask around in other groups or people in your life.
When you have discussions....often it gets reverted to pointing out someones past statements, general viewpoints...such as racism....or thier general treatment of others... That is life.
You are comparing 'if someone wrote a book.....this is not a book......write a book and noone can add a few pages to your book. Different here. Apples and oranges.

I probably missed it, but read a few about the Anything goes, but I am not sure that's the one you were talking about.

But for any Board, no other boards I've been to complained about ownership. This is the first board I've heard of this. It's really awkward to be complaining about that.

Let's put it this way.

Member A is quite disagreeable at times. Member A is well known for touting the fact he/she owns the thread and tells members they are not allowed to do an off-shoot thread relating to the thread he/she created unless they contact him/her first because he/she created the "original" thread.

When a member faked his death, members were discussing the "said- dead" member's news in one of Member A's threads, this thread became lengthy and quite heated but it was not flaming. The forum members had a right to ask questions because the forum members felt very violated as their feelings were quite toyed with by the "said-dead" member.

Member A, all of a sudden, posted to the administration, to please close the thread. The forum members begged for the thread to remain open. The thread was closed and a lot of forum members were very upset and turned off by Member A. A moderator concurred with the forum members as those raw feelings needed to be discussed in the open forum.

A new thread was created to discuss the "said-dead" member's demise and Member A decided to reply in the thread asking for it to be closed because Member A felt it was an off-shoot thread to his "original" thread. A moderator stepped in and put Member A back in his/her place.

You see, this is where Member A started all this controversy of thread ownership.

Member A knows who he/she is.

ouch. still touchy to this date.... damn... internet's a serious business indeed. the funny thing is... it's forgotten until the wound's re-opened again once the thread needs to be closed.

:dunno:

Let's put it this way.

Member A is quite disagreeable at times. Member A is well known for touting the fact he/she owns the thread and tells members they are not allowed to do an off-shoot thread relating to the thread he/she created unless they contact him/her first because he/she created the "original" thread.

When a member faked his death, members were discussing the "said- dead" member's news in one of Member A's threads, this thread became lengthy and quite heated but it was not flaming. The forum members had a right to ask questions because the forum members felt very violated as their feelings were quite toyed with by the "said-dead" member.

Member A, all of a sudden, posted to the administration, to please close the thread. The forum members begged for the thread to remain open. The thread was closed and a lot of forum members were very upset and turned off by Member A. A moderator concurred with the forum members as those raw feelings needed to be discussed in the open forum.

A new thread was created to discuss the "said-dead" member's demise and Member A decided to reply in the thread asking for it to be closed because Member A felt it was an off-shoot thread to his "original" thread. A moderator stepped in and put Member A back in his/her place.

You see, this is where Member A started all this controversy of thread ownership.

Member A knows who he/she is.

I understand. Anyone should be allowed to start a new thread. and keep it open. But for personal matters, it is common in all boards they will close a thread because the OP asked them to. They will ask them to close it because they regret starting it in the first place or they found their answer and didn't want it to turn into a heated debate.. they didn't start it to start a debate but to find an answer for herself)

Sometimes if I start a thread to make a fun game, I will make rules for that thread to the very beginning. If people didn't listen to that rules and did whatever they wanted to do, it wouldn't be fun and I lost my purpose of starting that thread in the first place. So in a way, if it not working out, I probably will ask the members to go by the rules or just close the thread. BUT I would also lost my purpose of that thread if I kept adding new rules as I go along (unless it is a good reason) and it isn't really fair for the other posters. And that would be another reason to close my thread.

Back