ASL with no fingerspelling

Off to real work-exercise in a quiet/ real deaf manner: swimming, Speechreading comes in handy sometimes!( to the literal minded-not while swimming, of course) Yeah even PFH can agree with that. JennyB- Main Recreation Centre -adults-11.30am to 1.00pm every day.

Implanted Advanced Bionics activated Aug/07

^^^ Don't get your mind in a frenzy :)

As nutty as drphil is, I do get the real-deaf part as far as swimming since I can't wear my HAs, and I'm stone-deaf without them. So lipreading is a must-have for me at that point.

Thanks alley cat for confirming the obvious- can one swim even if deaf? Yes-just did! Next problem to solve: can the real deaf be "nutty"? Checking Abnormal Psychology-Current perspectives - 4th edition Bootzin & Acocella-Random House New York

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

^^^ Don't get your mind in a frenzy :)

As nutty as drphil is, I do get the real-deaf part as far as swimming since I can't wear my HAs, and I'm stone-deaf without them. So lipreading is a must-have for me at that point.
don't mind me. I am eaisly confused :confused:

Welcome rockdrummer to the confused. Just discovered after diligent search_ NOTHING in an over 600 page book about whether the real deaf/ "ASL defined cultural deaf" are/can be "nutty". Results: NOTHING IN THE INDEX! SHOCKING.
Gee on the other hand that is wonderful news- being deaf apparently insulates from one say Psychotic disorders even Emotional disorders. Good news indeed even PFH can celebrate-- A keg of free beer on the house! Cheers. Off to Cochlear Implant exercise shortly.

I

Welcome rockdrummer to the confused. Just discovered after diligent search_ NOTHING in an over 600 page book about whether the real deaf/ "ASL defined cultural deaf" are/can be "nutty". Results: NOTHING IN THE INDEX! SHOCKING.
Gee on the other hand that is wonderful news- being deaf apparently insulates from one say Psychotic disorders even Emotional disorders. Good news indeed even PFH can celebrate-- A keg of free beer on the house! Cheers. Off to Cochlear Implant exercise shortly.

I

You need to stop. Being deaf does not insulate you from emotional problems. Be more appropriate in what you want to make fun of.

Off to real work-exercise in a quiet/ real deaf manner: swimming, Speechreading comes in handy sometimes!( to the literal minded-not while swimming, of course) Yeah even PFH can agree with that. JennyB- Main Recreation Centre -adults-11.30am to 1.00pm every day.

Implanted Advanced Bionics activated Aug/07

What the heck goes on in that mind of yours?

(And why do I get the feeling that, in your reply, you will refer me to a book and let me know what is the name of the author, publisher, etc.....)

Daredevel 7: didn't have you in mind re Abnormal Psychology. It came from "alley cat" re "nutty". Just checked one of my text books. I don't have any books on the deaf re: Psychosis,Schizophrenia or other "minor" problems. No comment. Not exactly "making fun" of the "deaf".
PFH_ the beer comment is yours-another thread.

PFH: Yeah- enjoy sleeping!

PFH: you are correct- your "comments"-drivel- needs the file 13 special handling-forthwith. I just checked your public profile- just remain your posted picture-sleeping!

PFH: Gee bad news! You just woke up! Getting ready for real work soon.

Implanted Harmony Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Souggy: That interesting the bazaar system "dying". in the United States. I will check with my brother down in Arizona- the status in his area. Haven't noticed it here in Toronto- at least in the section where I have lived for the last 40 years.Bygone times?

Wirelessly posted

drphil said:
Souggy: That interesting the bazaar system "dying". in the United States. I will check with my brother down in Arizona- the status in his area. Haven't noticed it here in Toronto- at least in the section where I have lived for the last 40 years.Bygone times?

ONly time I have argued:

"I give you $10," "no, $70", "20," "60," "25," "50," "30" "40," "32," "35," "34" "We got a deal"

was at a trade expo. Nowadays the market is littered with fixed prices and discounts in the buyer's favour, rather than trying to barter DOWN from the seller's price.

Last edited:
Back