ASL with no fingerspelling

I agree words are symbols for a concept.Everyone must agree what the symbol means-deaf: English- Chinese? If one doesn't know the other language unless translated-correct?
The original topic was ASL without fingerspelling. Possible-considering the lack of signs for "many words"?
No I am unfamiliar with the" Deaf book" whatever author et al published, wherever. No comment.
Off to Cochlear Implant exercise-shortly

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Three words. Respond. Recoil. Regroup. Understood.

Your recommendation for the "deaf book"? Check the library in due course,

Especially on a silent computer screen for a real deaf person.

"Deaf book?" "Silent computer screen?"

What are you talking about?

"Deaf book?" "Silent computer screen?"

What are you talking about?

I made a joke, or at least, I tried to make a joke (see post #197) about a "Deaf Book". I think Dr. Phil took me seriously?

And re: silent computer screen. I haven't got a clue.

I made a joke, or at least, I tried to make a joke (see post #197) about a "Deaf Book". I think Dr. Phil took me seriously?

And re: silent computer screen. I haven't got a clue.
I'm clueless with you. :lol:

This computer is silent-there is NO sound whatsoever. There is NO webcam either. Of course if Cochlear Implant disconnected-real quiet-everywhere! RE post #203.-take up "listening". Obscure-to say the least.

Does it "matter"- to who?

Implanted- Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

I don't hear any "hum" except for the clicking sounds of the keys. Yeah, my Implant is on.

Implanted, Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

computers hum. You need another mapping. (LOL, I sound like people who told me to turn up my hearing aids)

I don't hear the humming of my computer but I do hear when my refrigerator kicks in when I'm within 8 feet of it.....

heh Just get a Faraday cage hat. You'll be fine.

(google it, and you'll see why i'm saying heh)
:rofl: Yes that will protect your CI from an EMP!!!! :rofl: and they are so stylish too.

tinfoil+hat.jpg

I don't hear the humming of my computer but I do hear when my refrigerator kicks in when I'm within 8 feet of it.....

Okay.

My fridge either must be really loud... or I am not as deaf as I thought. :laugh2:

Friggin' annoying that I can't ignore it like hearing people can though.

Okay.

My fridge either must be really loud... or I am not as deaf as I thought. :laugh2:

Friggin' annoying that I can't ignore it like hearing people can though.
Ignoring someone or someone is not all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes I wish I were deaf. My tee shirt would read "I am deaf AND I am ignoring you"

Back