ask

I'm glad you like ASL so much. I'm trying to learn it now. I'm paying someone to give me private lessons.

As a hearing blind person would you be able to pick out someone in a fairly noisy environment just by listening?

I'm glad you like ASL so much. I'm trying to learn it now. I'm paying someone to give me private lessons.

As a hearing blind person would you be able to pick out someone in a fairly noisy environment just by listening?

that sounds fun.

It depends on how loud the crowd was, and who it was talking, if it was someone i spoke with often, or every once in a while.

Do you feel the people's face to create your curiousity?

Descriptions...would you like to encounter more of them, here or in your life? Do you feel satisfied or tired of asking? I can rephrase this if I didn't say it clear.

Sorry, what do you mean?

i don't want to speak for heartwheel, but i think she's asking you how you feel about descriptions (in a general sense) and whether or not it bothers you to ask sighted people for them.

heartwheel, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Do you feel the people's face to create your curiousity?

i'm sorry typeingtornado, but i just have to throw in a comment here.

most blind people DO NOT feel people's faces. it's just a stupid stereotype from tv and the movies.

i'm sorry typeingtornado, but i just have to throw in a comment here.

most blind people DO NOT feel people's faces. it's just a stupid stereotype from tv and the movies.

thanks... i was about to say... that seems like a personal space invasion to me...

i don't want to speak for heartwheel, but i think she's asking you how you feel about descriptions (in a general sense) and whether or not it bothers you to ask sighted people for them.

heartwheel, please correct me if i'm wrong.

thank you hear again, had a migraine all day, not quite thinking...

I dont like to ask about descriptions. i just dont like to ask for extra help.

thank you hear again, had a migraine all day, not quite thinking...

I dont like to ask about descriptions. i just dont like to ask for extra help.

you're welcome. :)

i'm sorry to hear about your migraine. as you probably already know, i get them too (and have a 21 year history of migraines). not fun. :(

feel better soon.

by the way (off-topic), do you take anything for your migraines? i take 100mg of imitrex. i'm also on topamax as a migraine preventative.

thanks... i was about to say... that seems like a personal space invasion to me...

it does for me too.

personally, i don't like touching other people if i don't have to nor do i like them touching me (except if it's a person i know well and they are giving me a hug or patting me on the back).

the only exception to this is when i use sighted guide.

you're welcome. :)

i'm sorry to hear about your migraine. as you probably already know, i get them too (and have a 21 year history of migraines). not fun. :(

feel better soon.

by the way (off-topic), do you take anything for your migraines? i take 100mg of imitrex. i'm also on topamax as a migraine preventative.

Thanks, i cant wait for it to go away too. i do know about yours, and i hope you havent had another one lately. i used to take imatrex, but it didnt work, now i dont take anything, prescription at least. 8 months ago i ended up in the ER because i had had one for a long time. thanks.

it does for me too.

personally, i don't like touching other people if i don't have to nor do i like them touching me (except if it's a person i know well and they are giving me a hug or patting me on the back).

the only exception to this is when i use sighted guide.

i agree, doing tactile sign is different, but people just touching me... no thanks.

Back