Ariz. seeks online donations to build border fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it quite ironic that Arizona and Texas are wanting a fence along the border to keep out the illegal Mexicans, but Florida has never tried pushing for some kind of border barrier for the illegals and refugees that come from Haiti and Cuba. I wonder why that is?

That's how other countries protect their own borders--the military.

And the U.S., has as one of it's goals to be just like other countries? I thought we were too busy trying to make them just like us.:dunno2:

I find it quite ironic that Arizona and Texas are wanting a fence along the border to keep out the illegal Mexicans, but Florida has never tried pushing for some kind of border barrier for the illegals and refugees that come from Haiti and Cuba. I wonder why that is?

Something to do with the dry heat?:P

Umm.....here's the thing.

Pot tax,business license, FDA approval, business tax for the grower,business tax for the distributor,benefits for workers,license boards,import costs or wage of the american worker, not to mention fraud and fraud enforcement.

add that all in to the price and people will still buy the illegal stuff instead. People who can go to Mexico for their prescriptions now.....

No, they won't. Because once it can be legally obtained, the street price will go up. Check out the price on the street for prescription opiates; they go for many, many times the prescription price.

because sharks take care of it for us :lol:

No, they won't. Because once it can be legally obtained, the street price will go up. Check out the price on the street for prescription opiates; they go for many, many times the prescription price.

That is apples to oranges......maybe even apples to concrete. Pot is easy to grow and the business model is already well established. The cost of illegal pot may rise due to opportunity but it will still be much lower than the legal stuff. There was an example right above your post.

because sharks take care of it for us :lol:

Sharks and weather! :lol: Oh and the Coast Guard. Kinda hard to build a fence in the ocean. I don't think Florida would want to kill tourism by building on the beach either.

I hate to say it but many Haitians and Cubans don't even make it to Florida's shore because their overloaded unseaworthy vessels often capsize and sink mid-voyage. :(

I hate to say it but many Haitians and Cubans don't even make it to Florida's shore because their overloaded unseaworthy vessels often capsize and sink mid-voyage. :(

In other words, that big gulf of water of some 100 miles apart is that "fence." It's not like they can simply "walk" to the border in this instance.

In other words, that big gulf of water of some 100 miles apart is that "fence." It's not like they can simply "walk" to the border in this instance.
It is a natural "moat", yes.

Coast Guard is already involved and often send them back to those islands.

Smugglers use new water routes like Pacific Ocean to drop off drugs and illegals, because new double layer and triple layer fences are built in California, and Arizona. Smugglers use their pangas to get across water. Coast Guard is very busy these days. That goes for Marines at Camp Pendelton,too. They usually spot boats full of immigrants on the beach.

That is apples to oranges......maybe even apples to concrete. Pot is easy to grow and the business model is already well established. The cost of illegal pot may rise due to opportunity but it will still be much lower than the legal stuff. There was an example right above your post.

It is not apples to oranges at all. It is legal drugs vs illegal drugs and the resultant costs and degree of usage. You brought it up. You might want to educate your self on drugs and society.

Well, there you go. Create a moat. That'll show the little buggers! We'll just let the gators eat 'em.. Matter of fact, we need to put a few gators around that ole Statue of Liberty so that them nasty ole people that don't belong her can't even read the message she has to give.

It is not apples to oranges at all. It is legal drugs vs illegal drugs and the resultant costs and degree of usage. You brought it up. You might want to educate your self on drugs and society.

I agree. I went to several meetings where this was discussed, and even though I didn't understand most of what was said, the overwhelming consensus was that it CAN be done. I guess I am just taking their word on it.

I agree. I went to several meetings where this was discussed, and even though I didn't understand most of what was said, the overwhelming consensus was that it CAN be done. I guess I am just taking their word on it.

GAWD, ethnocentrism makes people look like fools.

Yes, it can. Unfortunately, the general public thinks with the same mind that has created the problem, so the politicians cater to the vote. Consequence...problem never gets solved.

Awww, you see it as a moat while I see it as a natural causeway. :(
It probably depends on the kind of water craft you're in. :)

People in unsafe vessels see the water as a dangerous hindrance to be overcome.

People in safe, sturdy recreational and commercial vessels see the water as a means to travel and transport.

I enjoyed living in Florida and relaxing on its white sandy beaches but I didn't have to risk my life to get there.

Well, there you go. Create a moat. That'll show the little buggers! We'll just let the gators eat 'em.. Matter of fact, we need to put a few gators around that ole Statue of Liberty so that them nasty ole people that don't belong her can't even read the message she has to give.
The only "official" person that I've heard say build moats and stock them with gators was President Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back