Ariz. seeks online donations to build border fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't seen any pledges of donations from those that have expressed support for such a fence to be erected. Looks like it is easier to talk the talk than walk the walk.:hmm:
Done. I made my donation.

I don't see Texas building a wall in desolate areas, where people are outnumbered by cattle and goats. Even if Arizona builds a wall, Texas remains open. It's just a hop, skip and a jump to Arizona from Texas. :dunno2:

I don't see Texas building a wall in desolate areas, where people are outnumbered by cattle and goats. Even if Arizona builds a wall, Texas remains open. It's just a hop, skip and a jump to Arizona from Texas. :dunno2:
Texas needs to beef up its border security, too. That's a very dangerous area.

Yes, it's very sad. I remember when it was safe. Women disappear in Juarez routinely.

I think they will have to but we wi see.

As for safe....it's been a while. Hard to believe it's been 21 years since the Matamoros murders. I was there in 89 too.

Anything to provide a false sense of security. That is a natural response to unreasonable fear, and that seems to be an epidemic as of late.

Nice to know you walk the walk. Most don't.
I don't think everyone who would like to support the fund even knows about it. I didn't until this thread. Even then, I had to dig around a little to find the actual donation site.

Anything to provide a false sense of security. That is a natural response to unreasonable fear, and that seems to be an epidemic as of late.

The Mole People are giggling at the wall.

Uhhhh...AD already knows about it. You have just posted in a thread devoted to the topic. Nothing like redundancy!:laugh2:

Yup, Reba already posted at first place.

He's nothing but just sneak around AD and not make argument with us, also he is no real person.

He's nothing but just sneak around AD and not make argument with us, also he is no real person.

**nodding** Just a little brown nosing going on, it looks like.

Online donation isn't bad idea and great news for liberals/anti-fence activists so they don't have worry about their taxes to goes to build the fence.

I will NOT make any donation, unless US improves the drugs law and end the war on drugs. I feel that drug cartels may find way to take fence down and battle with security enforcement officers.

**nodding** Just a little brown nosing going on, it looks like.

Of course, that why I stopped read his post and he isn't impressed at all. ;)

That's not a nice thing to say about someone. :nono:

If it's repeated, so what? Just ignore it.

Online donation isn't bad idea and great news for liberals/anti-fence activists so they don't have worry about their taxes to goes to build the fence.

I will NOT make any donation, unless US improves the drugs law and end the war on drugs. I feel that drug cartels may find way to take fence down and battle with security enforcement officers.
It's voluntary, so that's fine if you don't want to give to the fund.

That's not a nice thing to say about someone. :nono:

If it's repeated, so what? Just ignore it.

I don't care because I have no respect for him.

Arizona state lawmakers are seeking donations through a soon to be built website to fund a fence between the U.S. and Mexico – whether the federal government thinks it’s a good idea or not.

Governor Jan Brewer signed a bill earlier this month to approve building a website to promote the effort. Steve Smith, first year Republican senator declared, “We are going to build the website as fast as we can, promote it and market the heck out of it.” Donors giving online will receive a certificate declaring that they helped build the Arizona wall. “I think the certificate is going to be a really, really neat thing,” added Smith.

The state’s 376-mile border with Mexico is the busiest gateway both for illegal immigration and marijuana smuggling. Under the bill, the fencing construction could be done with other states or by Arizona alone.

The plan also includes using prison labor to build the fence. Work crews of Arizona minimum security inmates have been used on previous projects to clear brush and clean up trash along the border “At 50 cents per hour, we are an inexpensive labor force.”

Cool!

The Nonprofit Quarterly | @npquarterly | A Fence Fundraiser is Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back