Ariz. seeks online donations to build border fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that! Illegal immigrants are paying for our prisons, social security income, and all the yazoo. I'da expect them to not give a crap!

Yeah, don't let little things like facts get in the way of forming an opinion.:roll:

A post that cites a blog that cites another blog from a tabloid. IMPRESSIVE!!! I'm totally convinced noe....:laugh2:

Like I said, don't let little things like facts get in your way.

A pretty weak estimate as far as ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION when they study itself notes....

ITEP estimates that households that are headed by undocumented immigrants (which may include members who are U.S. citizens or legal immigrants)

No, senate was just filibuster this bill and most Americans favor Dream Act.
Public Support for the DREAM Act | First Focus
Slim Majority of Americans Would Vote for DREAM Act Law

That article is from December 10, 2010. It is an opinion based on a Gallup Poll. I vaguely recall someone here in AD claiming polls mean nothing. The Dream Act failed to pass the Senate on December 18, 2010.

It has been re-introduced on May 5, 2011 by President Obama. He really wants to make voters out of illegals. One would wonder why :hmm:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/may/11/dream-act-pitched-to-congress-wednesday-one-day-a/

In December the legislation, officially called the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act, failed by 60 votes despite the Democrat-controlled Congress. The body is now controlled by the Republicans who are pushing for added enforcement.

That article is from December 10, 2010. It is an opinion based on a Gallup Poll. I vaguely recall someone here in AD claiming polls mean nothing. The Dream Act failed to pass the Senate on December 18, 2010.

It has been re-introduced on May 11, 2011 by President Obama. He really wants to make voters out of illegals. One would wonder why :hmm:

Because the cartoon characters are turning on him.....

It has been re-introduced on May 5, 2011 by President Obama. He really wants to make voters out of illegals. One would wonder why :hmm:

DREAM Act reintroduced in Congress - SignOnSanDiego.com

then you don't know about how much is majority of Americans favor or against Dream Act, that's what polls stand for and December 10 isn't very old because it is closer to senate to conduct the final vote but failed to end the filibuster. If you don't believe in polls then don't assume yourself to say if majority are against Dream Act.

Without filibuster, it will pass at no time.

Hate to say, republicans vote their own party, even if most independents in their district support Dream Act.

Have you read in link? They will add improvement of immigration enforcement to bill that what I support it and it does benefit with bipartisan. Your statement about Obama lures more voters from illegal immigrants are not true because they have to wait for 5 years to become citizen, also they have pay fine and taxes too. There are plenty of conservative latinos too.

The problem is with SS and not that hard to solve. Suppose So-so applies for a job in Houston, giving ss# 123-45-6789. The employer reports that to SS nearest office. A computer check shows that number is being use in NYC, or even be a decreased person.
I won't go into what should happen to the applicant but I've shown it is not that hard to verify ss#

Still haven't seen any pledges of donations from those that have expressed support for such a fence to be erected. Looks like it is easier to talk the talk than walk the walk.:hmm:

Wirelessly posted

I haven't heard or seen any news related story on this topic.

This thread was started over 24 hours ago, and none of the usual anti-tax / anti-immigrant crowd has made an appearance. My guess is that the project will be unfunded. That leaves the Obama administration, which can either do nothing and be accused of doing nothing; or they can fund this project and be accused of more spending. Does anyone see this the way I do?
The article said, "The fund through Wednesday has received nearly 44,000 donations totaling more than $3.7 million, collected online and through mailed donations since May 2010" but I didn't see a link anywhere in the article for the donation site. Do you know the url?

Never mind, I found it:

http://www.keepazsafe.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back