Ariz. seeks online donations to build border fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only "official" person that I've heard say build moats and stock them with gators was President Obama.

And he, like I, was being sarcastic, because he, I am certain, sees some of the intolerance and ethnocentrism to be just as backward in social thinking as I do.

And he, like I, was being sarcastic, because he, I am certain, sees some of the intolerance and ethnocentrism to be just as backward in social thinking as I do.
How is protecting a nation's borders intolerant and ethnocentric?

I don't want any illegal aliens of my ethnicity sneaking into the country either.

No one who seriously supports protected borders wants moats and gators. We don't want to kill illegal aliens. We want them to go thru legal channels to enter our country. We want criminals who carry drugs, who kidnap and kill people, to stay out, period.

It is not apples to oranges at all. It is legal drugs vs illegal drugs and the resultant costs and degree of usage. You brought it up. You might want to educate your self on drugs and society.

:lol: I am very educated in business.....I know how this will go. :)

How is protecting a nation's borders intolerant and ethnocentric?

I don't want any illegal aliens of my ethnicity sneaking into the country either.

No one who seriously supports protected borders wants moats and gators. We don't want to kill illegal aliens. We want them to go thru legal channels to enter our country. We want criminals who carry drugs, who kidnap and kill people, to stay out, period.

Right. And that's the common sense approach just as any other country would expect of you if you enter their country and require the proper documentation. No different here. Land of the free doesn't mean they have Carte Blanche to enter our country illegally as they please. There's a reason why they're called "illegal" aliens.

And you scoffed at those with college degrees. You are not the only businessman in here. :)

Nope, I'm not. :) Good luck to anyone who wants to attempt that business model though. :lol:

:lol: I am very educated in business.....I know how this will go. :)

Yeah, there are many dedicated business men who know nothing about drugs and society. That is why the war on drugs was lost before it began.:cool2:

Nope, I'm not. :) Good luck to anyone who wants to attempt that business model though. :lol:

Those who know how to do it don't need luck, just the means. I agree that it won't happen anytime soon, though. :)

Right. And that's the common sense approach just as any other country would expect of you if you enter their country and require the proper documentation. No different here. Land of the free doesn't mean they have Carte Blanche to enter our country illegally as they please. There's a reason why they're called "illegal" aliens.

And there is a reason they jump over the fences, swim the Rio Grande, and trudge through miles of desert in the night; they find people here that will hire them. And not all of those HR departments are run by Liberals looking to lock up votes...

And there is a reason they jump over the fences, swim the Rio Grande, and trudge through miles of desert in the night; they find people here that will hire them. And not all of those HR departments are run by Liberals looking to lock up votes...

Yeo. The reason that none of these innane solutions solve problems is because people try to take humans out of the equation.:cool2:

So, those who illegally entered a country, any country, shouldn't expect to be deported back to his/her country for not having proper documentation?

So, those who illegally entered a country, any country, shouldn't expect to be deported back to his/her country for not having proper documentation?

It is really simple. They shouldn't be here to start with. Since they are willing to risk life to get here, we need to look at all aspects of why they do it. If there were to be a new law enforcement initiative to search out these illegals and remove them, would the cost bother you? If Obama came up with this plan, would it be something that Bush actually started? Seems the illegal immigrant problems grew exponentially larger during the G.W. Bush years, but that is my perspective. Another economic issue dropped into the current administration's lap, if you will.

What is your solution; increase taxes to combat the problem? I personally think they should be part of the troops in Iraq, earning their citizenship.

Last edited:
It is really simple. They shouldn't be here to start with. Since they are willing to risk life to get here, we need to look at all aspects of why they do it. If there were to be a new law enforcement initiative to search out these illegals and remove them, would the cost bother you? If Obama came up with this plan, would it be something that Bush actually started? Seems the illegal immigrant problems grew exponentially larger during the G.W. Bush years, but that is my perspective. Another economic issue dropped into the current administration's lap, if you will.

What is your solution; increase taxes to combat the problem? I personally think they should be part of the troops in Iraq, earning their citizenship.

The cost isn't the problem...it's political will.

The cost isn't the problem...it's political will.

Then why did the problem mushroom during the Bush years? Did they provide a cheap labor source for those Texas oil companies? Why was it in his political willingness to keep these folks around?

I hate to say it but many Haitians and Cubans don't even make it to Florida's shore because their overloaded unseaworthy vessels often capsize and sink mid-voyage. :(

I think you are mistaken. We get boatloads regularly every so often. Some die on the trip, others are lost at sea. A lot of times, INS or whoever is at the shore and will take them back or deport them back. Once they hit US soil, they have to be brought to shore and processed, then most likely deported. It is not reported as much as it used to be since it happens all the time.

I think you are mistaken. We get boatloads regularly every so often. Some die on the trip, others are lost at sea. A lot of times, INS or whoever is at the shore and will take them back or deport them back. Once they hit US soil, they have to be brought to shore and processed, then most likely deported. It is not reported as much as it used to be since it happens all the time.
I didn't say that they all sink.

Floating Cubans

Some Cubans fly in, so they don't have the boat problem.

Is not the wet-foot, dry-foot policy not still in effect?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/27/AR2007072701493.html

I didn't say that they all sink.

Floating Cubans

Some Cubans fly in, so they don't have the boat problem.

Is not the wet-foot, dry-foot policy not still in effect?

U.S.-Cuba Migration Policy - washingtonpost.com

That policy is still in effect, however, we don't have the influx of the Cubans as much as we do the Haitians. The policy is still basically the same for them, but more often than not, they are sent back.

Everything is about enforced control, and no thought is given to the humane solutions that are possible. When did we become such a self centered uncaring society?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back