Ariz. seeks online donations to build border fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom who lives in AZ

My mom feels that a fence wouldnt solve the problem. Her solution to the problem is that Mexicans who get educated here in America should use that education to help Mexico become a better country. She understands why people want to get out of Mexico but once they get educated, why not rally together and go back to Mexico and improve it? Interesting point of view.

My mom feels that a fence wouldnt solve the problem. Her solution to the problem is that Mexicans who get educated here in America should use that education to help Mexico become a better country. She understands why people want to get out of Mexico but once they get educated, why not rally together and go back to Mexico and improve it? Interesting point of view.

:hmm: That's a thought.

It's not supposed to solve the problem but rather one of the many ways to help stem the illegal entries. Leaving the fence so porous is not a good idea. If they entered America illegally, they should be deported on the spot. There are proper procedures and filings to do before being granted entry into the U.S.

It's not supposed to solve the problem but rather one of the many ways to help stem the illegal entries. Leaving the fence so porous is not a good idea. If they entered America illegally, they should be deported on the spot. There are proper procedures and filings to do before being granted entry into the U.S.

I understand..however, while in AZ, I was told stories of Mexican families being torn apart by this law. Like the children would get separated from their parents because the wife or the husband was illegal and got deported while the other was a legal US ciitizen. My dad, stepmom, and my brother's girlfriend got into a heated debate about this and it made my daughter uncomfortable because she is a Mexican. I got the different vibe in AZ than I did here in MD. Until one is really in the midist of the whole thing, we all dont really have a full undertanding of the implications of this law.

I understand..however, while in AZ, I was told stories of Mexican families being torn apart by this law. Like the children would get separated from their parents because the wife or the husband was illegal and got deported while the other was a legal US ciitizen. My dad, stepmom, and my brother's girlfriend got into a heated debate about this and it made my daughter uncomfortable because she is a Mexican. I got the different vibe in AZ than I did here in MD. Until one is really in the midist of the whole thing, we all dont really have a full undertanding of the implications of this law.

Sad as it may be, they knew very well the consequences of living illegally in a country if they get caught. That's the very minimum they ought to have already understood. They accepted that risk entering the U.S. illegally.

That is an interesting point of view. But at least she understands the core issue. That is more than I can say of too many.

Sad as it may be, they knew very well the consequences of living illegally in a country if they get caught. That's the very minimum they ought to have already understood. They accepted that risk entering the U.S. illegally.

Ok..if America was corrupted by drug cartals and you were constantly threatened, would you want to find a way to get out or stay?

I honestly dont think I could stay.

I am saying that no, people shouldnt come here illegally but at the same time..damn, i wish Mexico was a better country for these people. Oh well.

That might be a tall order considering that many Mexicans only have a fifth grade or even lower education. Perhaps their children can take up the slack.

My ex-hubby and his 5 siblings all have college degrees. One is a lawyer. They all except for one were born in Mexico so yea, why dont they go and help Mexico? My mom really made me think in a diffeernt way.

If it isn't intended to solve the problem, why even think about erecting it in the first place? Were all the people who were solicited for online donations told, "Hey, give us some bucks, but this isn't going to solve the problem?":cool2:

You are such an empathetic kind guy.:roll: Everything is so black and white with you. Sad really.

Ok..if America was corrupted by drug cartals and you were constantly threatened, would you want to find a way to get out or stay?

I honestly dont think I could stay.

I am saying that no, people shouldnt come here illegally but at the same time..damn, i wish Mexico was a better country for these people. Oh well.

They took a risk. And if they get caught, well, that's what the law says. They understood that. Mexico is having the same problem on illegal entry through their southern border, as well.

My ex-hubby and his 5 siblings all have college degrees. One is a lawyer. They all except for one were born in Mexico so yea, why dont they go and help Mexico? My mom really made me think in a diffeernt way.

That's good to hear. Most of the Mexicans that I have met who came here from Mexico in Charlotte NC have very low level of education. I hope that your hubby's family is not an exectation to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back