Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
You're absolutely correct. A tiny minority of Muslims are so-called "terrorists." Al Quaeda is a Bush adminstration invention anyway.
Isn't this the same Abu Ali in the news a month ago, when there were political maneurverings to get him into our custody with all possible speed? There is more to this saga than they are telling you. My feeling is that he has sensitive information that the Bush junta is desperate to quell.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58638-2005Feb2.html

And
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout/0,8816,1032355,00.html

Ummmm, how much do you know about the Waco outrage, deaflibrarian? I remember it like it happened yesterday.
When the 100-plus feds raided the sanctuary with tanks and submachine guns, sure, they had a warrant. The problem was that the warrant was to be used to see if there was any child abuse taking place. There was no evidence otherwise.
It turned out to be a cold-blooded "search-and-destroy" mission in which all the Davidians perished, including the 24 children.
It was government-sanctioned murder, pure terrorism. Janet Reno authorized it.

Beowulf said:
Ummmm, how much do you know about the Waco outrage, deaflibrarian? I remember it like it happened yesterday.
When the 100-plus feds raided the sanctuary with tanks and submachine guns, sure, they had a warrant. The problem was that the warrant was to be used to see if there was any child abuse taking place. There was no evidence otherwise.
It turned out to be a cold-blooded "search-and-destroy" mission in which all the Davidians perished, including the 24 children.
It was government-sanctioned murder, pure terrorism. Janet Reno authorized it.

:gpost: While you and I disagree on a lot of issues, this is one thing we can share a beer over. It was probably the first time that I actually felt ashamed to be an American....what took place in Waco is not what america is all about. If there was child abuse taking place, then it should have been investigated...and not with tanks. There was a recent documentary that I saw on television within the past 2 months. I can't remember the name of it (there have been several over the years). It shows a lot of that old footage that has been analyzed again over the past few years (such as muzzle flashes from FBI agents guns). It also played the 911 calls where davidians were begging them to stop firing, and the 911 operator was desperately trying to get a message to those forces.

As for this particular topic, it is highly unfair to judge all muslims based solely on their religious beliefs and/or their nationality. I recall a muslim friend who told me a number of years ago about these terrorist cells existed, and it would be a matter of time before there were US targets. He was just as against these groups back then (before 911...before USS Cole, etc) as americans are today. Painting them with a broad brush is bad and is nothing short of racism.

Taylor, welcome back. You hit this running and I am glad.
Ashamed to be American?
It happens to me too. There is so much that is forgotten, so much that is unreported, and we are left at the mercy of Bloggers for some semblance of truth, of humanity.
Eh.
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee too, fella.
I don't drink beer but we could get along and be friends nonetheless.
Ain't that a bitch?

Jeez..I used to date this Muslim guy for a year and he is very patriotic American. He used to tell me how frustrated he gets when people give him nasty looks or act nervous around him, especially on the planes.

How would you feel if few deaf people do something stupid, everyone assumes that ALL deafies are that way too? I deal with that many times - pissed off at these few deafies who had to make everyone think I am that way too.

Same goes for Muslims.

Taylor said:
:gpost: While you and I disagree on a lot of issues, this is one thing we can share a beer over. It was probably the first time that I actually felt ashamed to be an American....what took place in Waco is not what america is all about. If there was child abuse taking place, then it should have been investigated...and not with tanks. There was a recent documentary that I saw on television within the past 2 months. I can't remember the name of it (there have been several over the years). It shows a lot of that old footage that has been analyzed again over the past few years (such as muzzle flashes from FBI agents guns). It also played the 911 calls where davidians were begging them to stop firing, and the 911 operator was desperately trying to get a message to those forces.

Here is the list of US military personnel and equipment that the US Justice Department admits were used at Mt. Carmel: "Military Personnel and Equipment - Personnel Active Duty Personnel - 15 (Delta Force)... Texas National Guard Personnel - 13 ...- Track vehicles Bradley fighting vehicle (OMZ) - 9... Combat Engineer Vehicle (M728) ...- 5 Tank Retrieval vehicle (M88) - 1 Abrams Tanks (M1A1) - 2... Source: Department of the Treasury, Report of the Department of the Treasury on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Investigation of Vernon Wayne Howell also known as David Koresh, U.S. Government Printing Office, September 1993

The operation required mustering approximately a hundred agents (flown in from sites around the country), and who received military training at Ft. Hood. They traveled in a convoy of sixty vehicles and were supported by three National Guard helicopters and one fixed-wing aircraft, with armored vehicles in reserve. Attorney General Janet Reno attempted to explain away the "FBI" use of US Army tanks as being equivalent to an innocuous "rent a car" arrangement.

The cover story as related by the FBI and the Department of Justice is that the Branch Davidians killed their own children and then themselves and simultaneneously set the complex on fire rather than surrender. There is no forensic evidence to support this claim. Here's what a Failure Analysis Associates' study found about the nature of the "crowd control" gas that was used: "1. The first assault started at approximately 6:00 A.M. .... CS concentrations in the rooms directly injected by the M5 delivery alone ranged from 2 to 90 times that required to deter trained soldiers. Methylene chloride concentrations in the rooms directly injected by gas were as high as 1.8 times the IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health) concentration and nearly to the concentration that would render a person unconscious. 2. The second assault started at approximately 7:30 A.M. CS concentrations in the rooms directly injected by gas from M5 delivery alone ranged from 2 to 80 times that required to deter trained soldiers. Methylene chloride concentrations ... were as high as 1.6 times the IDLH...."

Van Gogh murder suspect confesses to killing
On trial for film maker's slaying, Muslim extremist says: 'I would do it again'

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 1:48 p.m. ET July 12, 2005

excerpts:
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A Dutch-Moroccan man confessed in court on Tuesday to murdering a filmmaker critical of Islam last year, breaking his silence over a killing that fanned religious and racial tension in the Netherlands.

Mohammed Bouyeri was accused of killing Theo van Gogh as he cycled to work in Amsterdam on Nov. 2, 2004. He was charged with shooting and stabbing Van Gogh before slashing his throat and pinning a note to his body with a knife in broad daylight.

Van Gogh, a descendent of the brother of the 19th century Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh, was known for his outspoken criticism of Islam and angered many Muslims by making a film which accused Islam of condoning violence against women.

“I did what I did purely out my beliefs,” the 27-year-old Muslim told judges after entering court clutching a Quran. “I want you to know that I acted out of conviction and not that I took his life because he was Dutch or because I was Moroccan and felt insulted.”

The bearded suspect, dressed in a black robe and black and white headscarf, praised Allah and the Prophet Mohammed before admitting to the killing on the second day of his trial in Amsterdam’s high-security court.

Bouyeri told judges he had acted according to his convictions. Unrepentant, he told the victim’s mother — who was in court — that he did not sympathize with her loss and would be prepared to do the same again.

“If I ever get free, I would do it again," he said.

Prosecutors say his acts had a terrorist intent and called for him to be jailed for life. They described Van Gogh’s killing as a cowardly attack on a defenseless man.

The five-page note left pinned to Van Gogh’s body quoted the Quran and was addressed to Somali-born Dutch politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who wrote the script for Van Gogh’s film “Submission” about violence against women. She went into hiding for weeks after the murder.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

for the rest of the story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8551653/

Bomber Kills 18 Kids, Teens in Iraq

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

excerpts:
BAGHDAD, Iraq — A car bomb exploded next to U.S. troops handing out candy and toys, killing 18 children and teenagers Wednesday. Parents heard the shattering explosion and raced out to the discover the worst — children's mangled, bloodied bodies strewn on the street.

Up to 27 people were killed by the blast in the Shiite Muslim neighborhood, including an American soldier. At least 70 people were injured, a newborn and three U.S. soldiers among them.

Twelve of the dead were 13 or younger and six were between 14 and 17, said police Lt. Mohammed Jassim Jabr. Among the wounded was 4-day-old Miriam Jabber, cut slightly by flying glass and debris.

"There were some American troops blocking the highway when a U.S. Humvee came near a gathering of children," said Karim Shukir, 42. The troops began handing out candy and smiley-face key chains.

"Suddenly, a speeding car bomb ... struck both the Humvee and the children," Shukir said.

At Kindi hospital, where many victims were taken, a distraught mother swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader," she cried, referring to the insurgents as she pounded her head with her fists in grief.

"The car bomber made a deliberate decision to attack one of our vehicles as the soldiers were engaged in a peaceful operation with Iraqi citizens," said Maj. Russ Goemaere, a Task Force Baghdad spokesman.

"The terrorist undoubtedly saw the children," Goemaere said, calling the attack "absolutely abhorrent."

In September 2004, 35 Iraqi children were killed as bombs exploded while American troops handed out candy at a government-sponsored celebration to inaugurate a Baghdad sewage plant. It marked the largest death toll of children in an insurgent attack since the Iraq conflict began.

In a separate Baghdad attack Wednesday, a roadside bomb exploded near an American patrol, killing a 7-year-old child and seriously wounding a woman, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162356,00.html

Evidence Points to Four Bombers

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

excerpts:
LEEDS, England — New evidence suggests four bombers blew themselves up on the London transportation system last week, killing at least 52 in what could be the first homicide attacks in Western Europe, officials said Tuesday.

The latest information indicates that three of the bombers were of Pakistani origin and that all of them were caught on film by London transit surveillance cameras just 20 minutes before the vicious assault, officials said. Two of the attackers were reportedly thought to be quite young, including a teenager and a 22-year-old.

As part of the probe, British police raided six homes in Leeds Tuesday, searching for computer files and explosives in the city in northern England. They arrested a relative of one of the suspected bombers, according to the British news agency Press Association.

Two militant Islamic groups have claimed responsibility for the attacks on three subway trains and on a bus.

A senior security official, who has viewed the closed-circuit TV footage, told Press Association that the men were talking casually as they carried their bombs in backpacks at the King's Cross station.

Leeds, about 185 miles north of London, has a population of about 715,000. About 15 percent of the residents are Muslim, and many come from a tight-knit Pakistani community, mostly from Mirpur, south of Islamabad in Pakistani-controlled Kashmir. Other pockets of the community are mostly Arab, coming from a variety of countries including Syria and Saudi Arabia.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162326,00.html

Reba said:
Bomber Kills 18 Kids, Teens in Iraq

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

excerpts:
BAGHDAD, Iraq — A car bomb exploded next to U.S. troops handing out candy and toys, killing 18 children and teenagers Wednesday. Parents heard the shattering explosion and raced out to the discover the worst — children's mangled, bloodied bodies strewn on the street.

Up to 27 people were killed by the blast in the Shiite Muslim neighborhood, including an American soldier. At least 70 people were injured, a newborn and three U.S. soldiers among them.

Twelve of the dead were 13 or younger and six were between 14 and 17, said police Lt. Mohammed Jassim Jabr. Among the wounded was 4-day-old Miriam Jabber, cut slightly by flying glass and debris.

"There were some American troops blocking the highway when a U.S. Humvee came near a gathering of children," said Karim Shukir, 42. The troops began handing out candy and smiley-face key chains.

"Suddenly, a speeding car bomb ... struck both the Humvee and the children," Shukir said.

At Kindi hospital, where many victims were taken, a distraught mother swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader," she cried, referring to the insurgents as she pounded her head with her fists in grief.

"The car bomber made a deliberate decision to attack one of our vehicles as the soldiers were engaged in a peaceful operation with Iraqi citizens," said Maj. Russ Goemaere, a Task Force Baghdad spokesman.

"The terrorist undoubtedly saw the children," Goemaere said, calling the attack "absolutely abhorrent."

In September 2004, 35 Iraqi children were killed as bombs exploded while American troops handed out candy at a government-sponsored celebration to inaugurate a Baghdad sewage plant. It marked the largest death toll of children in an insurgent attack since the Iraq conflict began.

In a separate Baghdad attack Wednesday, a roadside bomb exploded near an American patrol, killing a 7-year-old child and seriously wounding a woman, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162356,00.html
Reba, see that!? I told you about Muslims desired to kill their own people, non-followers of islam.. Because Muhammad 's message to his people do it again and again.. You know they always keeping to deny that Islam is terrorist or something else.. they said that islam is peace to world.. I aint going to buy muslim's comments. Once Muslims who killed kids and teens included U.S troop.. Muslims are PSYCHO-SICKO!

Like in London, they busted few muslims admitted themselves who did put bombs in public tranport system. Birtian had good job to arrested them quickly.. APPLUASE!!!

My theory that Muslims like to cause something terrible happens to land and city which is not theirs, they want to see Britian's army and police turn to war on muslims in land of Britian.

I voted NO. Not all Muslims are terrorists. That's a fact. Very few Muslims out of the billion or so Muslims in the world are terrorists. Some are secular, such as Abu Nidal Organization, and some are waging a jihad, such as al Qaeda.

However I do agree with Reba that it's high time that peaceful Muslims and Muslim leaders start speaking out against the terrorists in their midst.

It is also high time that madrassas that pervert the word of Allah get shut down -- young minds are shaped easily, and less-than-honorable teachers can easily shape them into violent minds.

If there were Christian terrorists in my midst, I'd speak out against them. Hell, I would report them to the proper authorities.

If there were Christian schools teaching kids that Christianity is the only true religion, I would want them shut down.

I have very good answer to who is terrorist?

No it is not muslim
no it is not catholic
no it is not protestant
no it is not black
no it is not white
no it is not yellow
no it is not even purple!

It is the militant extremist, AND that is who is really are the terrorist!

The requirement to enroll militant extremist is that you have the desire to terrorize the civilian and freak out gov't. The second requirement is that your completely insane! The rest, does not mean anything to the orignal requirement.

BTW is Timothy McVeigh, the guy who blew up Oklahoma City federal building muslim? :smash:

Thought so? Thats sad mistake your thinking! He is just white, and born n raised in Buffalo, New Yawk! He isn't even part of muslim after all! he is just nutso militant, that is all!

Maybe you guys didn't know that, if you don't believe in Muslim and they gotta kill you with no expections. That is what I got source from inside of Iran, Iraqi, Syria, Sandi Arab, and some more Muslims countries.

Muslim is a enemy to the Western and that includes us.

I am speaking of the what really Muslim is. OFC it depends how the people handles with the practice of their Muslim Reilgion. Many people soften their Muslim practices to respect the Western. If they really follow 100% with Muslim practices and we will be in war at long time ago.

Crazymanw00t said:
Maybe you guys didn't know that, if you don't believe in Muslim and they gotta kill you with no expections. That is what I got source from inside of Iran, Iraqi, Syria, Sandi Arab, and some more Muslims countries.

Muslim is a enemy to the Western and that includes us.

I am speaking of the what really Muslim is. OFC it depends how the people handles with the practice of their Muslim Reilgion. Many people soften their Muslim practices to respect the Western. If they really follow 100% with Muslim practices and we will be in war at long time ago.

If that's true, how come all Muslims aren't trying to kill us?

Nice try, but try again.

Pvt. Parts said:
I voted NO. Not all Muslims are terrorists. That's a fact. Very few Muslims out of the billion or so Muslims in the world are terrorists.
Certainly not ALL Muslims are terrorists. But we are under attack right now by Muslim terrorists.

It is also high time that madrassas that pervert the word of Allah get shut down...
Yes.

If there were Christian terrorists in my midst, I'd speak out against them. Hell, I would report them to the proper authorities.
Yes. If any group is plotting violence, then they must be reported.

If there were Christian schools teaching kids that Christianity is the only true religion, I would want them shut down.
Christian schools do teach that now. I see nothing wrong with that. The difference is, Christians are not taught to "convert" people thru violence. Christians are taught to spread the Gospel thru love and communication, not thru force or violence.

diehardbiker65 said:
BTW is Timothy McVeigh, the guy who blew up Oklahoma City federal building muslim? :smash:

Thought so? Thats sad mistake your thinking! He is just white, and born n raised in Buffalo, New Yawk! He isn't even part of muslim after all! he is just nutso militant, that is all!
I never stated that ALL terrorists are Muslims. But, Muslims are the current wide-spread organized terrorist threat against us. Not ALL Muslims, but those who are in groups plotting to kill innocent people, financing the groups, training the individuals, or keeping silent about the killings.

Back