Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
Update:

US hostage found dead in west Baghdad
Sunday, March 12, 2006

BAGHDAD: The body of American Tom Fox, who was among four Christian peace activists kidnapped last year, was found near a west Baghdad railway line with gunshot wounds to his head and chest, the Iraqi interior ministry said on Saturday.

A US military official in Baghdad confirmed that American forces picked up Fox's remains on Thursday evening but had no condition on the body.

A police patrol was also on the scene, said Falah al-Mohammedawi, an interior ministry official. He said Fox was found with his hands tied and gunshots to his head and chest. There were also cuts on his body and bruises on his head, al-Mohammedawi said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1446594.cms

Rose Immortal said:
Some Muslims are definitely terrorists or terrorist sympathizers. From my understanding (and I would need a real study to be sure, so please don't hang me if I'm wrong), there are a lot of contradictions in the Koran that make it easy to fall into a trap of violence. Some suras (books) advocate violence against infidels--others advise kindness to Christians and those of other religions. Different Muslim sects have different ideas on which of these take precedence. The same goes for other things in the Koran such as the treatment of women...contradictory stuff that some take as a reason for violence and others do not.

The Muslims I have personally known have been good, peaceful people complete with a good sense of humor. A Muslim girl in my high school took the time to stick up for me in P.E. class when no one else would, when I was being cursed at and harassed, just walked up and in a non-threatening tone told the harassers that their behavior was unjustified.

What I'm getting at here is that because of those features in the Koran I was talking about, it's easy for one to fall into a trap of violence. But, not every Muslim does. Isn't it even said in the Christian Bible that there are those who, even without knowing the law, respond to it as if it's been written directly onto their hearts? (Romans?)
The Bible isn't contradiction-free, either. Let's not kid outselves, it is full of violence and gore.
Anyway, I find this site helpful in understanding the Islam point of view---
http://www.lewisnews.com/article.asp?ID=122311

Beowulf said:
The Bible isn't contradiction-free, either. Let's not kid outselves, it is full of violence and gore.

Can you prove us that the Bible isn't condradiction-free?
---------------

By the way, I didn't vote because the poll question is too gray to answer correctly, obv.

However, the terrorists were mostly muslims while many muslims don't practice volience or terrorism just as exactly as Reba and few others explained.

The 9/11 wasn't the first time that we americans were attacked. Remember the 1993 WTC bombing .. that's just one of them. US didn't really 'wake up' till the big threat done by them on 9/11/01.

Jihad terrorists really focus on Israel, US, EU, and other west civilizations where the Democracy rule. But Israel is and always been on their top list.

In the past they did plenty of small-time terrorisms in the world, but now they are threatening more and more big-time.

web730 said:
Can you prove us that the Bible isn't condradiction-free?
---------------

You keep asking me that, lol. So far YOU haven't "proven" a damned thing.
Just google "contradictions in the Bible" and take it from there, you will find plenty.

Beowulf said:
You keep asking me that, lol. So far YOU haven't "proven" a damned thing.
Just google "contradictions in the Bible" and take it from there, you will find plenty.

I really meant as if you do have any very irrefutable contradiction with the Bible. So do you find one?

Seriously, we didn't even heard of one in years. If they do, it would be announced in a big headline by the media and that it would spread the news spinning our heads already. None!

One can always agrue with the evolution and creationism or amongst other "hot" stuff yet never have the irrefutable proof that can absolutely disprove.

I vote "Maybe"

There are always good and bad Muslims groups on what their decide for their "god". The bad Muslims make them look bad as good Muslims felt embarrass and try to move on while freak white decide to blame Muslims.

It's like old story... When you decide to fake about wolf attack sheep and villages came to help but no wolf around. The boy have doing it several time as joke. Until the serious one wolf coming, a boy yell for a serious help, but the villages decide ignore it. Wolf actual ate and go and said bye bye to sheep. Oops.

What I am saying, Muslims are doing it repeat several time by hit here on America soil and people are become fed with it. And decide to blame on Muslims.

EDGE said:
There are always good and bad Muslims groups on what their decide for their "god". The bad Muslims make them look bad as good Muslims felt embarrass and try to move on while freak white decide to blame Muslims.

Muslims worship the same God that Christians and Jews do. Bad Christians (ie the KKK, Christian Identity, The Order, etc.) make good Christians look bad too, but that doesn't mean all Christians are terrorists.

EDGE said:
What I am saying, Muslims are doing it repeat several time by hit here on America soil and people are become fed with it. And decide to blame on Muslims.

The above-mentioned Christian organisations do their sordid work on American soil too. Why aren't people blaming Christians at large? The reason is that Muslims are seen by many Americans as a foreign element. Xenophobia and racism are the reasons people are blaming Muslims for terrorism, not religion or the acts of a few zealots.

Tom Fox, a peaceful Christian aid worker, was killed by Muslim terrorists.

Teresh said:
Muslims worship the same God that Christians and Jews do. Bad Christians (ie the KKK, Christian Identity, The Order, etc.) make good Christians look bad too, but that doesn't mean all Christians are terrorists.

Muslims don't really worship for the same God as Christians' and Jews' God (God of Issac).

Reba said:
Tom Fox, a peaceful Christian aid worker, was killed by Muslim terrorists.

Timothy McVeigh blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, but does that mean Catholics are terrorists?

The KKK bombed the 16th Street Baptist Church, but does that mean Christians are terrorists?

Alex Odeh was killed by the Jewish Defense League, but does that mean Jews are terrorists?

Eric Robert Rudolph has bombed things all over the place in the South, but does that mean Christians are terrorists?

Terrorists have been killed by terrorists. Does that make terrorists Muslim?
It boggles the mind to think of how many people would have the knee-jerk reaction of saying Yes.

The Muslims who commit terrorist acts are terrorists.

The Muslims who support them (with money, hiding places, editorials, training, etc.) are terrorists.

The Muslims who speak out against the terrorists are NOT terrorists.

There are just too many of the first two groups, and not enough of the last group. :(

Rose Immortal said:
What is your source? I have heard the same thing as Teresh.
According to the Muslims, Allah wants all Jews killed or enslaved. Do you think Jews and Christians worship THAT god?

Rose Immortal said:
What is your source? I have heard the same thing as Teresh.

Yes, I can help to clear this confusion up. Muslims don't worship the same God as Jews and Christians do.

Here is a link the best I can find to give you simple difference between the Muslims and Christains.

Jews do believe in same God as Christians do .. only that Jews don't believe in Jesus the Messiah.

Just a medium page (not long but good one) it can help you understand the differences between Muslims and Christains/Jews clearly.

It's at:

http://www.ericbarger.com/mus-chrs.htm

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/136/story_13658_1.html#cont

"The Qur’an identifies Allah as none other than the God to whom Abraham offered “submission” (‘islam) in the episode Jews and Christians know so well from Genesis 22, the story of the binding of Isaac. As the paradigmatic Muslim or “submitter,” Abraham then made the original, paradigmatic pilgrimage to Mecca, Muslims believe, accompanied by the very son, Ishmael, whom Allah had rescued so dramatically."

Now, Muslims call him Allah, and they certainly worship quite differently than I do as a Christian, and again, quite differently as my Jewish friends do, but the fact remains that these three religions sprung from the self same singular God concept coloquially referred to as "the God of Abraham". If the God I worship IS God, well, then so is the God Jews and Muslims worship because it's the same event from which all three faiths developed, and he is regarded as that central diety of the story of Abraham.

In the Qu'ran, Abraham and Isaac are spelled Ibrahim and Ishaq. I am still looking for a specific Qu'ranic reference to the story we recognize from the Bible.

web730 said:
Here is a link the best I can find to give you simple difference between the Muslims and Christains.

Jews do believe in same God as Christians do .. only that Jews don't believe in Jesus the Messiah.

You have a way of finding sources that suit your views, but not actually reading what you post. The argument on the page you linked to has to be one of the most pitiful arguments I've ever read. It's entirely dependent on the misconception that Muslims view Muhammed the way that Christians view Yeshua, something that is simply not true. When the fundamental part of the argument is incorrect, the entire argument is incorrect.

If you're going to say that Muslims do not worship the same God because they call God by a different name or because they worship in a different way, then that's the same as saying that Jews don't worship the same God because temple is not the same as a church, they don't believe Yeshua was the messiah, and God's name is YHWH. Unless you're going to make that argument (and you're not, from what I can see), you're wrong, and that's all there is to it. I suggest only posting to threads where you will actually know what you're talking about.

and God's name is YHWH.

Just thought I'd chip in -- the personal name for God as revealed in the Tanakh is YHVH. Someone I used to know corrected me on that long ago.

If I remember right, as well, there is no "W" sound in Hebrew. This tears down the whole "Yahweh" thing.

Back