Anyone own a gun?

Taylor said:
That Walther P99 does look like a nice gun. Which thread are you referring to with the 15 y/o?

Many people do not like guns, and they only use them for the protection of their family. Thats where I fall into things. I was never a hunter and have no desire to hunt. I'm not a gun nut. I just believe that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety.

I've narrowed it down to a Glock, but I'm not sure which model I want to get. I've fired Glocks before and they are pretty dependable.

I really like the Glock 31, but it appears the ammo is a little hard to find.
glock31.jpg

I also like the Glock 21
glock21.jpg

For off-duty carry:
glock36.jpg

Its smaller and falls into their 'slimline' line of guns.

Still undecided on which one I want to do. There is a range about 1/2 hour from where I live where they will allow you to test fire various guns to see which ones you like.

I'm not much on the high powered rifles. I'd like to take out the intruder and not the neighbor down the street ;)
That's first gun (Glock) I was thinking to buy until I stumbled on this gun, Walther P99 thru research and have been wanting to buy that ever since. I have no desire to hunt as well, if I do... I will prefer to do old traditional methods (bow & arrows or chase the prey [animals, not humans :P] down and slash the neck).

About 15 years old boy, I will send the PM... I don't want to have offtopic posts in here.

Last edited:
I agree with you heartfully, Im a member of NRA, which i do believe that we do have a right to bear arms in intend for home protection or to hunt. And if anybody who wants to remove our rights to bear arms, then heck they can migrate to Britian for all I care!
I agree. People don't realize that when you call 911, the police aren't there immediately. It can be 30 seconds if the officer is close by to several minutes. Seconds can be critical. The police get there as soon as they can, but if someone is walking into your bedroom at 3am you need to have the means to protect yourself and your family until the police arrive.

BTW, for those of you that ever get into this situation, make sure you tell the 911 operator that you have a gun. Remember, the officer doesn't know what you look like, and anyone with a gun is a danger....even if its the homeowner. Also, make sure to let them know if you are deaf or hard of hearing if that is the case.

Anybody own any Smith & Wesson's? I've looked at a few of them too, but didn't care for them much. The company makes great handcuffs (the only ones I use are S&W), but was never big on their gun line.

Taylor said:
LOL...chick with big guns ;)

Magatsu, Its a big gun. I have have seen them at auctions before so it is possible to get them. I never looked closely at them so they may be modified. Several of the gun shops I've been to have quite a few look-alikes to high powered weapons but they are not the real thing.

Just out of curiosity, would you be hunting deer with that thing? ;)
Ah, I guess I will have to ask some clerks in gun store by then to find out if it is legal to buy or not. Thanks anyway.

And no, I am not planning to hunt any animals with it. Extreme situations require extreme responses. I don't want to say any more than that :)

Oddball said:
That lady looks familiar to me.. Is the gal named Lissa from Northern California??
I don't know who she is. I just 'google' and found that picture :) I just want to show Taylor what it look like.

Taylor said:
Anybody own any Smith & Wesson's? I've looked at a few of them too, but didn't care for them much. The company makes great handcuffs (the only ones I use are S&W), but was never big on their gun line.
Are you talking about handguns or rifles?

Whitemore, oh ok. It is pretty obvious that I am totally out of gun-talks... I just start to research and slowly pick up some knowledges about guns & rifles.

Mine is a 44 magnum.
dirtyharry.1.jpg

uh uh ... i know what you're thinking. did he fire six shots or only five ? well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement i kinda lost track myself. But being this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world ... and would blow you're head clean off ... you've got to ask yourself one question 'do i feel lucky today? Well,do ya, punk?

Last edited:
Magatsu said:
Whitemore, oh ok. It is pretty obvious that I am totally out of gun-talks... I just start to research and slowly pick up some knowledges about guns & rifles.

So was i a several years ago, Now I have a decent knowledge with guns right now, still not a gun whiz yet :)

I own Remington's flagship shotgun, the Model 870. Speaking of a weapon for in-home protection, I've heard there's nothing better than a "snake charmer" for those who are not cool under duress.

I own a gun myself. My dad is holding it for me in Texas. :)

Vampy, is it a six-shooter and does a ten-gallon hat go with it? LOL!

Tousi said:
Vampy, is it a six-shooter and does a ten-gallon hat go with it? LOL!
Har har har!

It's actually a baretta that holds 15 bullets.

I was referring to the S&W handguns, although I hear they make nice long guns. When I started the thread, it was more out of interest in handguns, but many people have brought up shotguns, etc. These are pretty important too. For instance, some women (and men) do not like guns, especially handguns. They do realize, however, the importance of protection. A shotgun is easy to use. Point in the direction of the bad guy and pull the trigger. You don't even have to aim...just point in the direction.

Shotguns are also important to those that live in apartments or close quarters. While you want to protect yourself, bullets from handguns and rifles do travel through walls and still have the velocity to do some damage. While I want to shoot the bad guy, I wouldn't want to hit may neighbors kid who is sleeping in their bed. That scenario happens frequently, but it seems to happen more with drive-by shootings than with homeowners.

Another thing about shot guns is the sound they make. Once you have heard the pump action of a shotgun, it is something you will never forget. Whether you heard it in a movie or when Dad used to take you hunting as a kid, you will never forget it.

The reason I mention that is the sound alone is enough to scare somebody away. Lets say you hear somebody break into your house and they are downstairs. They hear that 'Chick..Chick' of you pumping the gun, they now know you are armed. The fact that you have loaded the gun also shows them that you are serious. In most cases, people will break into your house to steal stuff and not necessarily cause you harm. The sound of that shotgun will oftentimes send them back out the window. Nobody cares to die for that VCR.

Also, when people steal stuff, it is oftentimes to support a drug habit. That $120 VCR will get them $10.00 on the street. When they hear the shotgun, they realize it isn't worth it.

Its the people that want to cause you harm that are a different beast. When somebody breaks in at 3am, chances are somebody will be home (most likely sleeping). You just can't differentiate between a guy who wants your VCR or womebody who will do something further. Both will assume your in bed, but you have know way of knowing what his intent is.

Har har har!

It's actually a baretta that holds 15 bullets.

Now you're talking :) Beretta makes nices guns, and they are second on my list behind the Glocks.
Two of my favorite Beretta's are:

92FS_S_maxi.jpg

M92_Inox_S_maxi.jpg

Last edited:
Taylor said:
I was referring to the S&W handguns, although I hear they make nice long guns. When I started the thread, it was more out of interest in handguns, but many people have brought up shotguns, etc. These are pretty important too. For instance, some women (and men) do not like guns, especially handguns. They do realize, however, the importance of protection. A shotgun is easy to use. Point in the direction of the bad guy and pull the trigger. You don't even have to aim...just point in the direction.

Shotguns are also important to those that live in apartments or close quarters. While you want to protect yourself, bullets from handguns and rifles do travel through walls and still have the velocity to do some damage. While I want to shoot the bad guy, I wouldn't want to hit may neighbors kid who is sleeping in their bed. That scenario happens frequently, but it seems to happen more with drive-by shootings than with homeowners.

Another thing about shot guns is the sound they make. Once you have heard the pump action of a shotgun, it is something you will never forget. Whether you heard it in a movie or when Dad used to take you hunting as a kid, you will never forget it.

The reason I mention that is the sound alone is enough to scare somebody away. Lets say you hear somebody break into your house and they are downstairs. They hear that 'Chick..Chick' of you pumping the gun, they now know you are armed. The fact that you have loaded the gun also shows them that you are serious. In most cases, people will break into your house to steal stuff and not necessarily cause you harm. The sound of that shotgun will oftentimes send them back out the window. Nobody cares to die for that VCR.

Also, when people steal stuff, it is oftentimes to support a drug habit. That $120 VCR will get them $10.00 on the street. When they hear the shotgun, they realize it isn't worth it.

Its the people that want to cause you harm that are a different beast. When somebody breaks in at 3am, chances are somebody will be home (most likely sleeping). You just can't differentiate between a guy who wants your VCR or womebody who will do something further. Both will assume your in bed, but you have know way of knowing what his intent is.

Man i love the sound of shotguns! I went to the gun ranges a pretty lot and i never used ear plugs but man, after a couple of fires, you will walk out of the range and ur ears will still ring! even if u re a 110 db person.. it will ring!

My hubby and I own a few guns. We use them for sport and for protection.

Hubby has a Bushmaster AR-15 (with scope and bi-pod), a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun, and a Hi-Point 9mm handgun.

I have a Rossi shotgun/.22 combo, and a Beretta (Tomcat .32 auto) handgun (for conceal carry).

We also have small crossbow, Daisy bb pistol, and blowdart shooters.

We practice indoors at a range that belongs to a gun shop.

We practice outdoors at a free public range at a state park.

Recently we shot clays at a private hunting club. That was fun.

I first learned to shoot a handgun in the Navy. I got my Expert Pistol ribbon then.

Hubby and I have concealed carry permits.

Hubby is a member of NRA. I am a member of JPFO.

Last edited:
Hi, Reba...
That AR-15, if I recall correctly, is a neat survival rifle, and it floats, too, right? Also your Rossi is attractive to me in that it is versatile; I'm sure it is an over/under, a great turkey gun!

Back