Anyone own a gun?

oh? now I know.. :roll: times had changed i bet... ok thanks for the headups.. :thumb:

it largely depends on the intent behind it. for ie - robbing the bank, mugging someone, threatening someone, etc. It's the law that BB gun or fake toy gun must have orange tip so I don't think it's illegal to walk around with it but still...... you don't wanna toy with public and cop like that.

I agree :lol:

I read somewhere that the .45 1911 was designed for US Army when they invaded Cuba to take down charging enemies who were high on drugs.

I mean, a 9 mm is great, but I would not want it for someone hopped up on meth.

Besides, I have some wild (very large) animals in my area. Like - Bears and mountain lions. I want one shot to drop it if I have too.

I have already lost my dog to a mountain lion :(

Thing came out of nowhere ...... fast.

not mine ... but one like it:

YouTube - M1911-A1 Field Strip

You means the Moro guerillas in the Philippines? Not Cuba?

it largely depends on the intent behind it. for ie - robbing the bank, mugging someone, threatening someone, etc. It's the law that BB gun or fake toy gun must have orange tip so I don't think it's illegal to walk around with it but still...... you don't wanna toy with public and cop like that.

yeah I know but most people do dumb things here in california but depend on where tho.. but most crime occur in S.F and most happened on muni buses but now they are cutting bus service i know off topic but really it depend on where that it occurs the most tho :)

Today Hubby and I went to the indoor range to practice with his new Taurus semi-auto 9mm.

Here's the review in Hubby's words:

I used Winchester FMJ 115 grain.

It's easy to remove from a concealed waistband holster.

It is light-weight.

Easy one-handed operation.

It's easy to slide back and chamber a round.

The trigger pull is non-existent until almost all the way back. Then I felt some resistance, and it smoothly fired. Each subsequent pull was with very little finger movement. Almost like "flicking" the trigger.

It has an integrated safety built into the trigger. If you drop your gun, it will not fire. You must have your finger on the trigger in order for it to fire.

LOVE THE GUN!

At 10-ft it was on target. At 15-ft it was hitting low, so I need to sight it in for longer distances, just a tad.

The grip is small because it's specifically concealable. If you have a large hand, I suggest trying it out for fit. If you want a larger fit, try a Glock.

Today Hubby and I went to the indoor range to practice with his new Taurus semi-auto 9mm.

It is light-weight.

The trigger pull is non-existent until almost all the way back. Then I felt some resistance, and it smoothly fired. Each subsequent pull was with very little finger movement. Almost like "flicking" the trigger.

It has an integrated safety built into the trigger. If you drop your gun, it will not fire. You must have your finger on the trigger in order for it to fire.

LOVE THE GUN!

At 10-ft it was on target. At 15-ft it was hitting low, so I need to sight it in for longer distances, just a tad.

The grip is small because it's specifically concealable. If you have a large hand, I suggest trying it out for fit. If you want a larger fit, try a Glock.

That makes you one cool lady!

It is light-weight.

LOVE THE GUN!

hhhhmmmm......... I did read a review written by a seasoned professional saying same thing above about it hitting low and its unique trigger sequence but he emphasized that this is a CCW gun. CCW gun should be a true point-and-shoot gun and he felt that this gun performs well for that function.

"Within 15 feet, double taps and burst shooting with one or two hands are quite controllable, and this lightweight pistol behaves well even with +P+ ammunition. I focused on front-sight shooting and then switched to point shooting with the fully adjustable sights taped over. At interrogation ranges, triple-tap groups actually improved slightly when I abandoned the sights, focused 100% on the target and just looked through the gun while letting her rip."

I shoot a Para Ord. 1911. It has a competition trigger and only has about 1lb trigger pull. Too bulky for concealed carry though. The 1911 was one of the most feared guns during WW1 and WW2 because it kills quickly. Kinda expensive to shoot a lot though.

Good thing I saw this thread. I'm thinking about buying a gun (for protection only) and I'm not sure what kind to get. I want something that's easy to use, light, easy to clean and easy to load. Someone suggested getting a gun that has a magazine (not like a revolver where I'd have to load the bullets one by one). So I'm turning to you to see what you guys would recommend.

Good thing I saw this thread. I'm thinking about buying a gun (for protection only) and I'm not sure what kind to get. I want something that's easy to use, light, easy to clean and easy to load. Someone suggested getting a gun that has a magazine (not like a revolver where I'd have to load the bullets one by one). So I'm turning to you to see what you guys would recommend.

you have to load bullets in magazine one by one too. there are dozens of guns that may fit for you. all you gotta do is stop by at gun shop and try it out. hold it. feel it.

you have to load bullets in magazine one by one too. there are dozens of guns that may fit for you. all you gotta do is stop by at gun shop and try it out. hold it. feel it.

Right but I can leave the magazine (with the bullets already in it) and the gun separate? Yeah I'll probably do that. Hopefully soon.

Right but I can leave the magazine (with the bullets already in it) and the gun separate?
what for? you don't want to do that if it's for protection. Protection = lock n' load!

Yeah I'll probably do that. Hopefully soon.
good luck! Since you're coming to DC next week, I can give you some further insight.

CZ-82

CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, California ok w/ 9rd mag, VG condition.

Someone suggested getting a gun that has a magazine (not like a revolver where I'd have to load the bullets one by one). So I'm turning to you to see what you guys would recommend.

speedloader.jpg

I believe you. I just thought it looked kind of big and heavy in the picture, and that it might not "hide" well under a t-shirt. :)

wouldn't most women put it in their purse? :giggle:

huh really? no speedloader for your revolver? interesting.... I wonder why isn't there one.
I'm looking into it.

I probably don't need one but it might be fun to get one, if the price is right, and it is a perfect fit. It has to be right for exact model of gun.

I read the reviews about one. It said the "con" for it is that the bullets can easily fall out of the reloader before you use it. That is, you can't carry it around loose or hold it upside down.

One other thing I'm curious about. If one carries an extra magazine, loaded, it usually is easy to store in a pouch on the holster, or even slipped into any narrow space. The revolver speed loader is more bulky, and not exactly concealable.

But I'll check into it. :)

Back