anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

That's not what the good folks at the NRA say!

That's not what the good folks at the NRA say!

The folks at the NRA say quite a bit that isn't true. As a professed LEO, I would think you would be more concerned with what the crime statistics say than with what the NRA says.:cool2:

The folks at the NRA say quite a bit that isn't true. As a professed LEO, I would think you would be more concerned with what the crime statistics say than with what the NRA says.:cool2:

Actually, statistics in Missouri say that violent crime has gone down in Missouri since CCW passed.

The first one is an opinion by a conservative who can't even get a valid research project to be considered based on his data. That tells me that his data is way off and he is not considered credible.

The second one says nothing about CCW reducing crime. What it addresses is that CCW does not increase crime. Those are two very separate issues and can't be confused as being the same thing.

The third one is a conservative opinion that claims numbers, but offers no references so those numbers can be verified. That is pretty typical of these types of opinion rags. They don't provide references because it is all too easy to point out immediately where they have distorted numbers and facts.

Have you looked at violent crime statistics in gun free zones at College campuses?

And? No evidence that CCW reduces violent crime in that link.:dunno2: Just a report of a violent crime that occured in a university area. And from something called an "independent news source".:P

From the link:

Garcia and other representatives from police departments throughout Nevada opposed the bill, saying it would make campuses less safe if guns were to be allowed. He said raucous sporting events involving alcohol and firearms could pose a security threat.

“These events could become killing fields,” Garcia said.

Frank Adams, representing the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association, said that the bill poses “grave concerns.” If guns were to be allowed on campuses, he asked the committee what procedures police would follow in terms of storing guns in dormitories and managing guns at sports events.

He also said that Nevada’s Board of Regents generally govern their own affairs. This bill would be unusual because it instructed the board to act a certain way.

My apologies to OP Mjorr and other posters in this thread/topic for unintentionally steering it OFF TOPIC "Anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting?" I was merely asking Airportcop a friendly question and he provided a friendly answer, but as always there are other posters with nothing better to do than to "bait" people into unwanted "debates". If you are so inclined to continue it, please head over to Miscellaneous> On Topic Debates> Gun Control Debate. Thank You

Airportcop: I shall try and use the "private message" option when the occasion arises. Sorry and I shall live and learn eh?

My apologies to OP Mjorr and other posters in this thread/topic for unintentionally steering it OFF TOPIC "Anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting?" I was merely asking Airportcop a friendly question and he provided a friendly answer, but as always there are other posters with nothing better to do than to "bait" people into unwanted "debates". If you are so inclined to continue it, please head over to Miscellaneous> On Topic Debates> Gun Control Debate. Thank You

Airportcop: I shall try and use the "private message" option when the occasion arises. Sorry and I shall live and learn eh?

These threads are open to all. Evidently, you support censorship. Most people who are afraid of the truth do.:cool2:

Now, I have better things to do than sit around talking about how much fun it is to shoot stuff.:cool2:

My apologies to OP Mjorr and other posters in this thread/topic for unintentionally steering it OFF TOPIC "Anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting?" I was merely asking Airportcop a friendly question and he provided a friendly answer, but as always there are other posters with nothing better to do than to "bait" people into unwanted "debates"....
It's called "trolling." Some people have no interest in the topic itself but only if it can be stirred into a controversy. :(

These threads are open to all. Evidently, you support censorship. Most people who are afraid of the truth do.:cool2:
Where did you get the idea of censorship? The poster only suggested that the debate be taken over to another more appropriate thread, not stopped completely.

Now, I have better things to do than sit around talking about how much fun it is to shoot stuff.:cool2:
Then why did you even visit this thread? The title made it clear that it was about "how much fun it is to shoot stuff." (Note: Even you said to shoot "stuff," not shoot people.)

Do you enjoy being a spoil sport?

And? No evidence that CCW reduces violent crime in that link.:dunno2: Just a report of a violent crime that occured in a university area. And from something called an "independent news source".:P

From the link:

Garcia and other representatives from police departments throughout Nevada opposed the bill, saying it would make campuses less safe if guns were to be allowed. He said raucous sporting events involving alcohol and firearms could pose a security threat.

“These events could become killing fields,” Garcia said.

Frank Adams, representing the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association, said that the bill poses “grave concerns.” If guns were to be allowed on campuses, he asked the committee what procedures police would follow in terms of storing guns in dormitories and managing guns at sports events.

He also said that Nevada’s Board of Regents generally govern their own affairs. This bill would be unusual because it instructed the board to act a certain way.

Concerning Frank Adams comments, when has allowing law abiding citizens to carry firearms ever caused sporting events to become killing fields?

And Reba, I agree this has started to turn into a controversial debate and should be discussed in a seperate thread.

Two things: 1-Most Police Officers support concealed carry laws
2-A friend of mine just put a down payment on a Colt Python .357 with a worked over trigger and a ported barrel formerly owned by a cop! Now that is just cool!

Where did you get the idea of censorship? The poster only suggested that the debate be taken over to another more appropriate thread, not stopped completely.

Then why did you even visit this thread? The title made it clear that it was about "how much fun it is to shoot stuff." (Note: Even you said to shoot "stuff," not shoot people.)

Do you enjoy being a spoil sport?

BTW, and this ties into another thread from tonight. When I was a kid sometimes we would take shotguns and shoot cow patties. Looked like land mines blowing up. Pretty funny stuff.

All threads discussing guns become controversial. Especially when someone brings up crime statisitics in the discussion. And I believe that was brought up by the same poster complaining of controversy.:cool2:

Two things: 1-Most Police Officers support concealed carry laws
2-A friend of mine just put a down payment on a Colt Python .357 with a worked over trigger and a ported barrel formerly owned by a cop! Now that is just cool!

Clarification: most LEOs support off duty and retired officers being permitted to conceal carry. Very different from what you were attempting to imply above.

Clarification: most LEOs support off duty and retired officers being permitted to conceal carry. Very different from what you were attempting to imply above.

Uhm, NOPE! Most Police Officers do support concealed carry laws for private citizens as long as they have a backgroung check done and proper training. They may have to be our backup one day. jillio, speaking from the stand point that I have been in law enforcement for over 18 years and contrary to popular belief I know significantly more about law enforcement and officers attitudes then you will ever know! Not trying to put you down here, it's just the facts mam! Good day!

Last edited:
Back