anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

I used to have a Yugoslavian SKS with the grenade launcher attached. I wish I still had it, it was fun to shoot.

I ** think** there is a dealer called Century Arms that run deals every month.

I really wish I purchased an SKS or AK before the price went so high. Anyone here shoot them?

I have 2 Yugo SKS M59/66A1, 7.62x39, DOB 1971 and 1975. All numbers match w/ flip-up phosphor night sights and grenade launcher. I love shooting these rifles they are very accurate and built like a tank and are quite heavy @ 9lbs. So much fun to shoot.

I have shot over 500rds of 1970-1990 milsurp Yugo 7.62x39 123gr in each rifle and had no issues with either of them, no jamming, no stove pipes, no misfires. Only complaint was they came packed in cosmoline! Anyone ever deal with this shit? its nasty! Got mine for $320 each out the door. Current prices range from $320-$340 OTD.

Attachments

• sks.jpg
    sks.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
I used to have a Yugoslavian SKS with the grenade launcher attached. I wish I still had it, it was fun to shoot.

I ** think** there is a dealer called Century Arms that run deals every month.

Yeah, I check them out now and then. Also try Classic Arms Inc. For some neat Military Surplus weapons. I have not dealt with either of them though.

I have 2 Yugo SKS M59/66A1, 7.62x39, DOB 1971 and 1975. All numbers match w/ flip-up phosphor night sights and grenade launcher. I love shooting these rifles they are very accurate and built like a tank and are quite heavy @ 9lbs. So much fun to shoot.

I have shot over 500rds of 1970-1990 milsurp Yugo 7.62x39 123gr in each rifle and had no issues with either of them, no jamming, no stove pipes, no misfires. Only complaint was they came packed in cosmoline! Anyone ever deal with this shit? its nasty! Got mine for $320 each out the door. Current prices range from $320-$340 OTD.

Cosmoline yuk! Nasty stuff yet very effective at preserving things like guns!

Care to present those stats here as support for your claim?

You have insight and knowlege regarding how you, as an officer, feels. But since all experiences of all officers are far from homogenous, you cannot transfer your perspective to others.

Yes, it is quite different, and that is evident by the fact that you had to parse it as two different phrases. Of course concealed carry could be legal without background checks and training. Where do you get the idea that it couldn't?

No, remember I asked you for the proof first. Two can play this game!

Well for starters it is illegal as heck in Missouri and most other states to conceal carry without a background check or training. Better look at the laws miss attorney!

This is for you jillio since you don't seem to be a good lawyer!

Shall-Issue
A Shall-Issue jurisdiction is one that requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but where the granting of such permits is subject only to meeting certain criteria laid out in the law; the granting authority has no discretion in the awarding of the permits. Such laws typically state that a granting authority shall issue a permit if the criteria are met, as opposed to laws in which the authority may issue a permit at their discretion.
Typical permit requirements include residency, minimum age, submitting fingerprints, passing a computerized instant background check, attending a certified handgun/firearm safety class, and paying a required fee. These requirements vary widely by jurisdiction.
The following are undisputed Shall-Issue states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina,[10] North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,[11] Texas, Utah,[12] Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming .[7]

I like historical military weapons as well! Cowboy shooting looks like fun. Skeet and trap are fun. Anyone here ever shoot a fully automatic weapon? I have once and it was mighty cool! It was a 9mm Steyr Aug! 30 rounds gone in seconds! A little too costly for me though.

I have not shot a full-auto, would love to try it though. They are a no-no here in Illinois so, so, sad! Got a story though: One day at the shooting range, minding my own beeswax, I heard this Rat-a-tat, RAT-A-TAT RRRRAAATTTAAATTTAATTTTT yes, I am deaf but I heard that summabitch and it demanded my attention , i looked to the left and saw someone with a M2 .50 BMG on a tripod and watched in awe as they were going wide open. I later found out it was a classIII (?) dealer there doing a promo type of thing and anyone could shoot it at $5/round...no thank you!

I will be hunting Elk next week :)

I'm jealous! Never been much of a hunter. Kind of a city boy with a country attitude. Deer hunted a few times unsuccesslly with bow & gun. The older I get the more I feel that I would enjoy hunting. Have fun and hope you get a good one.

The AK is a great platform. I was looking at the Saiga rifles and shotguns as well. Wouldn't mind having one in 12 gauge and .223.

I'm jealous! Never been much of a hunter. Kind of a city boy with a country attitude. Deer hunted a few times unsuccesslly with bow & gun. The older I get the more I feel that I would enjoy hunting. Have fun and hope you get a good one.

Thx. My cousin is a guide. I sent him an email letting him know I have to go to New Mexico next week to put up Christmas lights and he invited me for a couple of days. We have hunted Cougars and Mule Deer in the past as well. Plus we went to The White Sands Missle range a few years ago and bagged a HUGE Oryx. My uncle pulled the trigger on that one. THAT was pretty cool.

Cowboy shooting does sound fun! I really like those Ruger Vaqueros and Blackhawks but the Heritage Arms wheel guns are more my price range.

ha ha ...just what we need on this site. web sites to purchase your alldeaf war weapons.

We have similar backgrounds except, I was a rural town farmer boy kind of thing. I went thru the whole gamut of youth weapons like the pea-shooter, sling shot, BB guns, pellet guns in pistol&rifle, never cared for C02 since I thought they were too weak compared to my pellet gun, recurve bows, .22's and finally shotguns. Ah, the good old days.

I once snuck my Dad's .16 ga out, the recoil nearly took my arm off...and I never touched than thing again.

Okay back on track, hunting wise I got one pheasant w/ .20ga and a few groundhogs with my Ben Pearson 45# Cougar recurve bow (still have it), that is about all I ever got hunting lifetime, I once tried bow fishing but lost my only fishing arrow in the creek because I forgot to press the release button on my Zebco reel that I taped to my bow so that was the end of it.

Being deaf, I'm a bad Indian, I'm just too noisy, I scare off all wildlife in a tri-county radius... so now I stick with target shooting.

Yeah, I would like to get back into shooting my Hoyt bow and maybe take up turkey hunting or wild boars.

We have similar backgrounds except, I was a rural town farmer boy kind of thing. I went thru the whole gamut of youth weapons like the pea-shooter, sling shot, BB guns, pellet guns in pistol&rifle, never cared for C02 since I thought they were too weak compared to my pellet gun, recurve bows, .22's and finally shotguns. Ah, the good old days.

I once snuck my Dad's .16 ga out, the recoil nearly took my arm off...and I never touched than thing again.

Okay back on track, hunting wise I got one pheasant w/ .20ga and a few groundhogs with my Ben Pearson 45# Cougar recurve bow (still have it), that is about all I ever got hunting lifetime, I once tried bow fishing but lost my only fishing arrow in the creek because I forgot to press the release button on my Zebco reel that I taped to my bow so that was the end of it.

Being deaf, I'm a bad Indian, I'm just too noisy, I scare off all wildlife in a tri-county radius... so now I stick with target shooting.

I'm a bad Indian too and I'm only slighty hard of hearing! Lost half of my high frequency hearing. Loud music, guns and jet airplanes!

No, remember I asked you for the proof first. Two can play this game!

Well for starters it is illegal as heck in Missouri and most other states to conceal carry without a background check or training. Better look at the laws miss attorney!

I have provided substantiation for everything I have claimed.:dunno2: Just because the numbers don't jive with your opinion doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means that you choose to be willfully ignorant in order to preserve your fantasy world.

That doesn't support anything.

It truly is amazing how you and Steiny not only mirror each other's opinions, but that you use the exact same phrasing to do so. Brothers in arms?

Back