anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

I have provided substantiation for everything I have claimed.:dunno2: Just because the numbers don't jive with your opinion doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means that you choose to be willfully ignorant in order to preserve your fantasy world.

That doesn't support anything.

It truly is amazing how you and Steiny not only mirror each other's opinions, but that you use the exact same phrasing to do so. Brothers in arms?

You have provided proof of what? Nothing! I thought so.:giggle:

Yes, the Heritage revolvers are a very good deal on a decent firearm. They are not as good as the quality of the Rugers or other more high end guns but they are American made, go bang and are way cheaper than the competion.

I would think seeing a cougar (monutain lion:P) in the woods would be cool but indeed kind of scary!

Nodding in agreement. Still none of my business, but how about we all disclose the gun on TOP of our wish lists? Mine is a Savage Arms model 93-G .22 magnum bolt action rifle w/ a 3-9x40mm scope. With that I could shoot all day long at the plinking pit!! How about you all?

barret .50 cal!

Open question: What is your favorite type of shooting target besides cow patties? I really like the Birchwood Casey Darkotic splatter targets. The high viz feedback is excellent compared to normal paper targets. See attachments

P.S. I was using my 4" S&W .38 revolver @ 50ft w/ REM UMC .38+p 125 gr. SJHP. I know I'm shooting "low" and "right" but this was my first day at the range with this ammo and I forgot to bring my windage adjustment tool.

i need to order some exploding targets.... of any brand

I was able to fire a few rounds through a Smith & Wesson 500 snub nose revolver (yes, I still have my hand).

A good video of one being fired at the range:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rtw91crys8&feature=related].50 cal Smith & Wesson - YouTube[/ame]

sorry i have been gone for a few days. my boss was fired so i have to put in a lot of hours and be on call. to cover some of the things going on....

here in minnesota it is a permit to carry a pistol. you can carry openly or concealed. no laws on mag size. or any law about carrying locked and loaded. some days i carry open, others i carry concealed. depends on what gun i chose to carry that day and what im wearing.

i have only been asked to leave a store once whole caring a fire arm. it was a company i had worked for in the past and called the corp office. the next day the manager of the store called my cell and told me she was unsure of the stores polocies and thought it best to ask me to leave but after HR called her and corrected her she welcomed me back to the store.

as for detouring criminals.... i cant say exactly for sure. ide say yes.... only because when being sober cab one day i went to the bar to pick up a driend that had called. she had a few shots before i arrived and didnt want to leave anymore (but now she was too drunk to be there alone) when i was trying to convince her to leave a guy (who i assume was buying her the shots) toldme to leave her alone and he would "take care of her" i asked her about him. she met him that night. i walked here out the door and he fallowed. when we got outside he told me she wasnt leaving with me. i turned around and told him to go back inside and have a good time. his eyes caught my gun (was too dark in the bar to notice) and he lit a cigarette and let us leave with out saying anything.

for the people who would question bring a gun to the bar.... i was not drinking, i was not hanging out there, and i know the bouncers. its not an issue when i go there.

FYI the new law has almost passed now! if you have a permit to carry a gun you will be able to carry in any state that issues permits! pretty cool. you just need to abide by their laws about carrying firearms. so do you research when traveling.

as for officers. i have never had an issue with officers. been pulled over twice while carrying a firearm the first i had it on the passenger seat. the officer did not ask for my permit. asked what kind it was and how i liked it. then told me about the upcoming gun shows, and sent me on my way. the 2nd time was because my taillight was out. i had been working on some body work that i needed to remove one, i told the officer that i may have not plugged it back in because i was in a hurry when i left and u could go plug it in when i went to do so he asked about my firearm.... "is it legal to carry that openly" i looked at him and said "your a cop... you should know this. i have a permit to carry a pistol not a concealded carry permit. would you like to see it officer?" he said no thats ok. i plugged the light back in and he said to wait in the car. when he came up to my window i asked him again. would you like to see my permit, you seem concerned. he said no again and stated "i have a good judge of charactor and feel that i have no need to view your permit" then he told me to drive safe and have a nice night. the cops also congrigate at kwik trip every night at about midnight.... when iget done with work. when i do carry open they pay no mind to me being in the store. none of them have ever questioned me before.

thankfully i have not got a lot of grief about it.

the only person that really gives me any grief is my mother, but then again she has never got between something i chose to do. she doesnt like that i have guns or carry one but knows its my choice and will even come shoot with me because its something that interests me.... shes not a bad shot either.

ok that was a quite a bit of text so after all that.... if anyone read it........

what was the first rifle and first handgun you ever shot? did it scare you the first time? did it come natural? thoughts?

About firing a full auto ......

THIS is crazy :giggle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W4WT0zFV2Q&feature=related]AR15 conversion on auto m16 belt fed Valkyrie Armament - YouTube[/ame]

seriously though, my wish list keeps growing. So far, two future must haves are the working Lemat revolver and a PLR 16.

I enjoy going to a county outdoor range near here. My favorite is my Bushmaster AR-15 (Shorty AR). It has a heavy 16" barrel. .223 cal. It has folding Harris bi-pod legs and a catch can on the side of the ejector. I use a large adjustable scope of which I cannot remember the size right now. Usually shoot with 30 rnd clips. I do have a mated 3-30 rnd clip. It is easy to run through those 90 rounds in about 5 minutes. I have shot over 10,000 rds without repair.

Occasionally, I am experimenting with a spring trigger return I bought at a gun show a while back. It makes it go full auto. I can only get some short bursts with it. It is legal here as long as you do not make any mods to your lower receiver.

Fortunately, .223 is cheap. Mostly buy Wolf (steel) or PMC (brass).

The fun is after tiring of paper targets, putting out an empty milk jug and continually keeping it tumbling in the air due to the action inside.

I am hoping for a phone call tomorrow to go deer hunting with a friend in the next few weeks. I have my Marlin Mod 336 lever action 30/30 sighted in. :D

About firing a full auto ......

THIS is crazy :giggle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W4WT0zFV2Q&feature=related]AR15 conversion on auto m16 belt fed Valkyrie Armament - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. That is like watching your money being thrown out of a window of a speeding car. :P

I enjoy going to a county outdoor range near here. My favorite is my Bushmaster AR-15 (Shorty AR). It has a heavy 16" barrel. .223 cal. It has folding Harris bi-pod legs and a catch can on the side of the ejector. I use a large adjustable scope of which I cannot remember the size right now. Usually shoot with 30 rnd clips. I do have a mated 3-30 rnd clip. It is easy to run through those 90 rounds in about 5 minutes. I have shot over 10,000 rds without repair.

Occasionally, I am experimenting with a spring trigger return I bought at a gun show a while back. It makes it go full auto. I can only get some short bursts with it. It is legal here as long as you do not make any mods to your lower receiver.

Fortunately, .223 is cheap. Mostly buy Wolf (steel) or PMC (brass).

The fun is after tiring of paper targets, putting out an empty milk jug and continually keeping it tumbling in the air due to the action inside.

I am hoping for a phone call tomorrow to go deer hunting with a friend in the next few weeks. I have my Marlin Mod 336 lever action 30/30 sighted in. :D

I've hunted whitetail with a 30/30 open sight. One time when I was about 14 I was out in the rain and I slipped getting up in the tree and my rifle bumped the tree and apparently knocked the sights off a little. Anyway after the rain stopped a nice little buck came by....very close range and broad view.... so I squeezed off a shot (going for the neck) and the buck just froze....didn't move at all. :hmm: I must have missed which would be crazy from this short distance. I drew up on him again and went for the shoulder. Pow. perfect neck shot. I get down there and I find out why he froze. The first shot had blown his snout off. I was so glad he didn't run because he would have really suffered. I went to my .270 for the rest of the hunt and took the 30/30 to the range when we got home..

I've hunted whitetail with a 30/30 open sight. One time when I was about 14 I was out in the rain and I slipped getting up in the tree and my rifle bumped the tree and apparently knocked the sights off a little. Anyway after the rain stopped a nice little buck came by....very close range and broad view.... so I squeezed off a shot (going for the neck) and the buck just froze....didn't move at all. :hmm: I must have missed which would be crazy from this short distance. I drew up on him again and went for the shoulder. Pow. perfect neck shot. I get down there and I find out why he froze. The first shot had blown his snout off. I was so glad he didn't run because he would have really suffered. I went to my .270 for the rest of the hunt and took the 30/30 to the range when we got home..

I would suspect you did not have him mounted with that nose. :P

My 30/30 is scoped due to my advanced age. My long distance sight is getting pretty bad.

I am glad you got it before it took off too. That would have haunted me if it had happened to me.

Lots of folks think hunters are psycho trigger happy folks that like to see animals suffer. When I aim, I want an instant kill shot. I just want venison burgers - not a suffering animal.

dec contest has started!!!!! if i get the most clicks this month i can win an ak47! please click the link and ask your friends to click the link... yu dont needto sign up or anything. just click the ling, and close the page if you dont want to brouse the website!!!!! please please please click the link

ARMSLIST - Free local gun classifieds. Buy, sell, or trade firearms in your local area.

thanks much! last month the winner had almost 1000 clicks so ill need all the help i can get, and this month its moving a lot faster!

I am glad you got it before it took off too. That would have haunted me if it had happened to me.

Lots of folks think hunters are psycho trigger happy folks that like to see animals suffer. When I aim, I want an instant kill shot. I just want venison burgers - not a suffering animal.

Exactly!

I have to do some target shooting for work. I don't mind it once in a while for some fun, but I'm not crazy about shooting.

Back