anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

Hey Mjorr, thanks for starting this thread. Your sniper rifle looks great. Bet you can head-shot a herd of Zombies 200-plus yards out! I own:

S&W 4" .38 Special +P, Model 15-3, K38 Combat Masterpiece (DOB 1975)

2-Yugo SKS 7.62x39 rifles (DOB 1971 & 1975)

Rem Nylon66 Mohawk .22LR (DOB 1959)

.25 Beretta Jetfire (DOB?)

My favorite is the .38 Special. Least favorite is the Jetfire. How about you all? What is your favorite and least favorite in your arsenal?

try 500 to 800 yards!

well i seperate my weapons from pistol to rifle.

fave pistol is .45 kimber 1911 leaseis my taurus .357/38

fave rifle is my dpms lr308 (sniper)
and my least would be my mossber 500 tactical

Sorry for the double post. I'm new here and did not wait long enough for MOD approval on my photo. BTW how do you guys post larger photos instead of thumbnails as I did?

i upload my pics to imageshack and use the link to put them in the post.
looks like this

[ IMG] your link here [/IMG] if you remove all the spaces

I am not a gun fanatic or hunting fanatic as you can see here. This was taken in the forest as I was taking a nap during a "hunt".
sherishuntingnap.jpg

But, here is a picture of my husbands rifle .25-06 Ruger rifle.
sniperrifle.jpg

Jaspheth - That is some great camo! I could barely find you in that photo it was like playing "Where's Waldo?" ! nice rifle too! Have you shot it?

well untill recently i lived out on the country side so i would soot at home. but now i live in town. there are no ranges here! one i go to is 9 bucks for the rifle pistol range and 25 for the pistol only range. or 50 a year to use it anytime you please. the other is an indoor pistol rangethat is 15 bucks and hour!!!! outragous!

Up to 800/yds?? thats mind boggling!! 50 per/yr? that's a pretty darn good deal. There is an indoor pistol range near me also charging $15/hr...I don't know if its true, BUT I heard that you have rent THEIR gun, buy THEIR ammo in THEIR shop!! WTF?

The $25 admission I pay does hurt the wallet. Wish I did not have to make such a harsh decision like: "Beer or Range?"
It is good for both rifle, pistol ranges and plinking pit. I normally go thru 50-100 rounds at the pistol range then head over to the pit..THE PIT gotta luv it! All these gun owners showing off their various toys and shooting rapid fire!! makes ya feel warm all over doesn't it?

Rifle Range:
Covered firing benches at 50,75,and 100 yards. Eleven firing points at 50 yards, Two firing points at 75 yards, and Fourteen firing points at 100 yards.

Shotgun Range:
Covered firing line with Four manually operated clay throwers.

Handgun Range:
Up to fifteen firing points divided between 50 feet and 25 yards. Uncovered.

Plinking Pit:
Large open pit with range 25 to 100 yards, open and uncovered with tables. Capacity: up to 100 firing points. Also there are four clay throwers located in this area.

i upload my pics to imageshack and use the link to put them in the post.
looks like this

[ IMG] your link here [/IMG] if you remove all the spaces
Thank you for the input.

img20111128160702.jpg
got my mom out to the range today. first time she has shot in 20 plus years.

I have many fun rifles, pistols and shotguns! I enjoy shooting them all! Can you guess why?

becasue you a police officer?

Yes!

I am not sure it is a good idea to tell everyone what guns you have. I thought about it but changed my mind. Some people just can't be trusted and then there is Big Brother! Nice thread though.

Yes!

I am not sure it is a good idea to tell everyone what guns you have. I thought about it but changed my mind. Some people just can't be trusted and then there is Big Brother! Nice thread though.
Nodding in agreement. Still none of my business, but how about we all disclose the gun on TOP of our wish lists? Mine is a Savage Arms model 93-G .22 magnum bolt action rifle w/ a 3-9x40mm scope. With that I could shoot all day long at the plinking pit!! How about you all?

I have a couple! 1-Kel-Tec PMR 30 30 round .22 magnum pistol
2-Barrett .50 cal rifle

Just dreaming on the 2nd one!

I'm not really that much into guns, but I love hunting.
In Germany it is not so easy to own a gun, but we do have a few. I prefer to take ferret, dog and harris hawk along, instead of a gun.

I have a couple! 1-Kel-Tec PMR 30 30 round .22 magnum pistol
2-Barrett .50 cal rifle

Just dreaming on the 2nd one!
.50 cal! hell ya, that's a wet dream! but @ $3.00 (?) per round...its a nightmare! arghhh!!

Hey Airportcop: Is Springfield MO, OC (Open Carry)? If so, did crime rates drop? Here in Illinois we can't even CCW (yet). We need a FOID (Firearms Owners Identification) card on top of background check plus $10 fee. Alot of states only require drivers lisc. Sucks to be me!

Missouri is open carry but no one does it because it will definitely get you checked out by the cops! We do have CCW. I think IL and DC are the only hold outs to CCW. I love most any kind of gun!

Hey Airportcop: Is Springfield MO, OC (Open Carry)? If so, did crime rates drop? Here in Illinois we can't even CCW (yet). We need a FOID (Firearms Owners Identification) card on top of background check plus $10 fee. Alot of states only require drivers lisc. Sucks to be me!

There is no evidence that OC reduces crime rates.:roll:

I personally feel that concealed carry is a huge deterrent to crime. If the bad guys don't know who's packing then they are less likely to attack. Not many places will tolerate or allow you to openly carry. It may be legal in some states but it does not make most people feel comfortable and is thus discouraged.

I personally feel that concealed carry is a huge deterrent to crime. If the bad guys don't know who's packing then they are less likely to attack. Not many places will tolerate or allow you to openly carry. It may be legal in some states but it does not make most people feel comfortable and is thus discouraged.

You may feel that way, but the crime statistics prove your feelings to be erroneous when it comes to the actual facts.

You may feel that way, but the crime statistics prove your feelings to be erroneous when it comes to the actual facts.

Okay, maybe not huge but a deterrent none the less! Crazy criminals just don't seem to care much!

Back