Anyone get SnapVRS?

My friend just got his Ojo in mail from SnapVRS. It was awesome! I can't wait for mine to come in. Wow Sorenson had to send installers to your house being nosey or the installers could be a sex pervert. It happened in my former hometown... this man from houston is VP installer he only go to girl's houses to install VPs mostly and the men has to wait longer for their VP. Later we learned that this VP installer is interest in meeting girls. The girls around my former hometown talk about how disgusting this VP installer is by flirting with them. I didn't like any installers coming to my house since I know how to install any electroic equitments. Send them in mail is awesome like SnapVRS did. Nice!

I do not understand what you are talking about the SIP and H.323. Please explain me in English. Thanks.

workaround?

To call from an OJO to a VP-100, for example, you are required to use the VP-100 owner's IP address or a DNS name if that person created one. However, to call from an OJO to an OJO, you can dial the assigned phone number to that OJO, identically like calling from a VP-100/200 to a VP-100/200.

My question is this: what if I had OJO (actually my moms) and she wanted to insert my ip address of (example): WHATISYOURNAME.no-ip.info How can she obtain the - (dash) she is trying really hard to find out how to get the dash but has no clue. Can any one help me with helping her get this workaround fixed? It would suck if the dash could not be made/done.

Thanks!

My question is this: what if I had OJO (actually my moms) and she wanted to insert my ip address of (example): WHATISYOURNAME.no-ip.info How can she obtain the - (dash) she is trying really hard to find out how to get the dash but has no clue. Can any one help me with helping her get this workaround fixed? It would suck if the dash could not be made/done.

Thanks!

I know a dash can be put into the field because I did that on my OJO, but since Im at work, I cannot re-check my system to remind myself how it's done. I'll try to remember to do it tonight and get back to you via alldeaf.com.

I do not understand what you are talking about the SIP and H.323. Please explain me in English. Thanks.

No problem at all. Best way to explain is to make a comparison. For example, remember how computers in the past (or old computers today) have parallel ports for printers? If you had USB printer, you couldn't plug in your printer into a computer that has no USB ports. Also true is if you had old parallel port printer with no USB connection, you couldn't plug it into your new computer that doesn't have a parallel port. However, you can use adapters to convert USB to parallel port or the other way around too.

That's the same idea as SIP and H.323, they are two different ways to connect to a videophone from a software perspective (not actual hardware connection). When SnapVRS first applied to FCC to become a VRS provider, they wanted to use OJO videophones because it would allow them to attract deaf customers with neat features. The problem was OJO videophones would not allow people to connect to regular videophones like D-link, VP-100, or VP-200. That's because they use different type of connection standard called H.323. Because of this, it would be against FCC rules and FCC would not approve SnapVRS to be a VRS provider eligible for reimbursement of costs. So, SnapVRS decided to buy a special adapter to allow interchangeability between OJO videophones (SIP) and D-Link/VP videophones (H.323). This special adapter is usually referred to as a transcoding gateway...very expensive equipment. This gateway that SnapVRS uses allows me to call my deaf friends to their VP-100 or to use other VRS providers, but I prefer to reward SnapVRS for their investment and innovation by only using them when I use the OJO. Hope this helps clear things up! 99% of people do not know about SIP or H.323 so there's no reason to feel bad about it. :D

My friend just got his Ojo in mail from SnapVRS. It was awesome! I can't wait for mine to come in. Wow Sorenson had to send installers to your house being nosey or the installers could be a sex pervert. It happened in my former hometown... this man from houston is VP installer he only go to girl's houses to install VPs mostly and the men has to wait longer for their VP. Later we learned that this VP installer is interest in meeting girls. The girls around my former hometown talk about how disgusting this VP installer is by flirting with them. I didn't like any installers coming to my house since I know how to install any electroic equitments. Send them in mail is awesome like SnapVRS did. Nice!

Remember when Sorenson first came out? They mailed VP-100 to customers. Too many customers were struggling (not everyone is an expert in technology) so they hired installers to go out to help people.

I can't wait for mine.
I am going to give VP100 back to SVRS as soon my SnapVRS arrive and also my hearing families will buy one too since SnapVRS will sell to the public.

Purchase an Ojo Video Phone

And with SIP procotol that I think it will be the best thing over H323 procotol which probably will make it easier to set up too.

Remember when Sorenson first came out? They mailed VP-100 to customers. Too many customers were struggling (not everyone is an expert in technology) so they hired installers to go out to help people.

My friend had struggled with VP-100 and had installers to come to fix it. Now he did installed Ojo himself. He said it's easy.

I can't wait for mine.
I am going to give VP100 back to SVRS as soon my SnapVRS arrive and also my hearing families will buy one too since SnapVRS will sell to the public.

And with SIP procotol that I think it will be the best thing over H323 procotol which probably will make it easier to set up too.

Give VP back to Sorenson? How about damaging it instead? I would do that lol. Videotape yourself smashing it! Like one guy did smashed Wii and PS3 systems on their launch day. Its on youtube.com

*Purchase of an Ojo Video Phone requires a monthly service contract available through WorldGate .Service, as low as $14.95/mo. For more info, or to subscribe: Ojo Services (opens in new window)

Deaf/HH Customers: Your first Ojo Video Phone and service are FREE.

Give VP back to Sorenson? How about damaging it instead? I would do that lol. Videotape yourself smashing it! Like one guy did smashed Wii and PS3 systems on their launch day. Its on youtube.com

Lol I am sure SVRS will bill you for the equipment or send a bill collector to you for it.

The agreement states that VP100 or VP200 belongs to SVRS and you can't own it or keep it so since they came to my home unexpected on a Sunday and woke me up from my sleep to ask me why I am not using SVRS much so I am not going to tolarate that again and prefer to give it back to them when I get my SnapVRS.

Lol I am sure SVRS will bill you for the equipment or send a bill collector to you for it.

The agreement states that VP100 or VP200 belongs to SVRS and you can't own it or keep it so since they came to my home unexpected on a Sunday and woke me up from my sleep to ask me why I am not using SVRS much so I am not going to tolarate that again and prefer to give it back to them when I get my SnapVRS.

Whoa all VRS's equiments isnt ours? That's crazy. Now I felt like a slave. They are using us to use VRS so they can make money because we are deaf. Even VP does not belong to us? Geez man.

Whoa all VRS's equiments isnt ours? That's crazy. Now I felt like a slave. They are using us to use VRS so they can make money because we are deaf. Even VP does not belong to us? Geez man.

No it still belong to Sorenson, here is copy/paste from their agreement notice the bold statement ... they will still own the device.

-----
We hope you will enjoy your use of the VP-100. We will install the VP-100 videophone and let you use it for free, although we will continue to own the device.
-----

and another copy/paste from same agreement saying that they can come over and take it back or look at the device also telling you that can't tamper it 8-)

-----
(2) allow us to retrieve the VP-100 at a reasonable time of day if we need to repair, replace, or recall it, and (3) promise not to tamper with the VP-100, or to let anyone else tamper with it
-----

Link to the licence agreement Sorenson VRS

No it still belong to Sorenson, here is copy/paste from their agreement notice the bold statement ... they will still own the device.

-----
We hope you will enjoy your use of the VP-100. We will install the VP-100 videophone and let you use it for free, although we will continue to own the device.
-----

and another copy/paste from same agreement saying that they can come over and take it back or look at the device also telling you that can't tamper it 8-)

-----
(2) allow us to retrieve the VP-100 at a reasonable time of day if we need to repair, replace, or recall it, and (3) promise not to tamper with the VP-100, or to let anyone else tamper with it
-----

Link to the licence agreement Sorenson VRS

They sucks man.

I can't wait for mine.

buy ojo phone and get ojo phone free from snappyvrs are not compatible with each other

buy ojo phone and get ojo phone free from snappyvrs are not compatible with each other

A purchased Ojo can call a SNAP Ojo.

From the SNAP web site:

How do Ojo-to-Ojo direct calls work?
To place a direct video call from your Ojo to a friend, family member or colleague around the world who has an Ojo, simply dial "1" followed by their Ojo telephone number and you will be connected.

Here's more info on the friends and family options.

Hearing Options for Friends and Family

I tried the Ojo and didn't like it. Damn, VP-200 outdid everything else out there. But I use HOVRS though.

My friend said he like both ojo and vp 200. But ojo is better than vp 100 though. I own vp 100 and I am unable to get vp 200 due to Sorenson's stupid policy. So Ojo is a way to go for me. SnapVRS contacted me.. I filled out application less than 2 weeks ago and it seem they are ready to ship Ojo to me ASAP.

Back