An Interesting Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's your opinion :)

Nope, it's fact. A majority of voters is a majority of voters. Final outcome...Obama was elected.

Nope, it's fact. A majority of voters is a majority of voters. Final outcome...Obama was elected.

I guess you must be naive then..... No political votes are ever largely logical and unbiased.

Yes, I did. And I paid particular attention to the areas that you bolded. I assume that those were the points you wanted to emphasize?
In order to answer the specific questions that were brought up, yes. The rest of the article was there for everyone to see how it all fit together.

because of.....? see Reba's post #9 and my post #17 :)

If it is cuz of what u stated, then blacks outnumber white people in this country.

because of.....? see Reba's post #9 and my post #17 :)

He was elected because a majority of voters elected him.

Why do you feel the need to point out the skin color of the voters?

In order to answer the specific questions that were brought up, yes. The rest of the article was there for everyone to see how it all fit together.

I'm going off topic here, but isn't all the evidence in 9-11 sites all there for one to see how they fit together? ;)
This is an interesting thread. Obama has a high approval rating across the board, and bringing up race in numbers do not add up.

the reason for landslide is because of tremendous amount of money being spent on demographic research and strategy to capture the specific audience. ever wonder why many companies spent excessive amount on marketing?

The reason for Obama's landslide victory is because of Obama himself. He proved himself to be a more capable leader in every respect vs. McCain. That's why the majority of voters (African-American, Caucasian, Hispanic, etc.) supported him. You may want to blame it on outside sources, but the fact remains that Obama won the election because of his abilities -- not because of demographic research or strategy. You can spend all the money you want on demographic research, but if you don't have a message that voters respond to, there's no way you have any hope of willing an election.

I like Obama, but the fact he was running against Palin in the vice-presidential spot helped him a lot.

It is humorous that the forum appears to discredit one black person as a race baiter but dismiss BO and his racially motivated campaign.

The BO campaign brought up race and kept it alive and still does.

The posting of articles, by me, of other black viewpoints is to inject some much needed balance to an otherwise far left leaning and skewed section of the forum.

It is humorous that the forum appears to discredit one black person as a race baiter but dismiss BO and his racially motivated campaign.

"Racially motivated campaign?" Where do you get that idea? Obama always made it clear that he wanted to be seen as an American Presidential candidate -- not as an African-American Presidential candidate.

The posting of articles, by me, of other black viewpoints is to inject some much needed balance to an otherwise far left leaning and skewed section of the forum.

Exactly how was Barack Obama's campaign racially motivated? That's a stretch to say the least.

Oh, and referring to him as BO while at the same time accusing him of running a racially motivated campaign could be construed as racist.:cool2:

Isn't it interesting that those who opposed him are the only ones that seem to make race an issue?

Oh, and referring to him as BO while at the same time accusing him of running a racially motivated campaign could be construed as racist.:cool2:

Good point! The same thought occurred to me as well. :)

I disagree...I voted for him not because he was black...because I believed in his viewpoints and etc...just asked my hubby, who is black, if he voted for him cuz of the color of his skin. He said "No..I voted for him cuz McCain was an idiot!"

How ironic that you consider far left viewpoints as being skewed, but far right viewpoints as fair and balanced. If anyone's viewpoint is skewed, it's your own. :cool2:

He was elected because a majority of voters elected him.

Why do you feel the need to point out the skin color of the voters?

that's not what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back