AG Bell against ASL commerical

So, should Banjo sugarcoat the truth by then? I mean, which part in his post is a "lie"?

So, should Banjo sugarcoat the truth by then? I mean, which part in his post is a "lie"?

Well, there's really no truth if one creates hyperbole and over-generalization about people in general (e.g. "signers vs non-signers"). It becomes a more of a matter of an opinion at that point.

Well, there's really no truth if one creates hyperbole and over-generalization about people in general (e.g. "signers vs non-signers"). It becomes a more of a matter of an opinion at that point.

again.... which part in his post is a lie?

But... that does not answer my question. Which part, exactly?

I understand Banjo's POV. To be honest, I saw a few comments at outside of AD said they don't want to be represented as "abnormal" society for whatever reasons are...

I'd rather to see both non-signers and signers in anything instead just one group or another.

Good luck getting an answer out of him. He hasn't answered about what hyperbole I was making either. That seems to be his favourite word.

About "signers" vs "non signers"...signers is a broad group (SEE, PSE, ASL, manual signers, CUER (not signers but visual hand shapes for phonemes) etc) who may or may not have a preference for speaking over their signing. And you have your "non-signers" which is a larger group of people that vary with mild to profound hearing loss who may wear hearing aids and/or cochlear implants who speak and listen, and interact in various ways with their hearing counterparts. Just so happen speaking and listening are their preferred way of communicating. I know personally people with hearing loss who make clear about their hearing loss to other people and make clear (even demand) when accomodations are needed (online and in person group meetings, etc). This has become a noticeable trend over the last seveal years as communication technology has become increasingly prevalent among those with hearing loss. So, yes, there is an over-generalization and hyperbole whenever people try and classify the two groups (signers vs non-signers) into something that is not always the case.

As for you, it's your comment towards me by saying I make hyperboles of which I say is an exaggerated comment (i.e. hyperbole). :lol:

LOL @ the absurdity of this thread. Koko, were you reading your Word of the Day toilet paper again? 7 uses of hyperbole was good practice for you.

Well...non-signers can hang out with each other but they dont have their own culture like signers do.

Well...non-signers can hang out with each other but they dont have their own culture like signers do.

I could say that's true depending on the context here but I wouldn't call them as having no "culture."

I'm waiting for Shel first. My answer may be a shock to some people.

Very predictable of you. You wait for everyone else to answer first. Take some initiative and share your own thoughts first for a change.

Back