Abortion argument leads to murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup....

The guy would have killed her in any other situation, that did not go his way.

Unfortunately, death is a common occurrance in these violent relationships. It is predictable.

I understand this is getting so touchy and heat up here... Dreama, if you look closer:

Ingram and his wife decided to check on Johnson, who was eights months pregnant.

"My wife looked through the front glass of the door and said, 'she's on the floor,' " he said.

Ingram says he called 911 and went inside Johnson's house.

I don't know what their stories were behind but I don't think it's about abortion. My question, how come he seemingly accepted when the soon-to-be mother wanted to keep her child, and then suddenly, he went to kill her later? I meant, what's a story behind them? What made him to murder this poor woman?

Clearly, it's a Domestic Violence. I'm sure it is...

I understand this is getting so touchy and heat up here... Dreama, if you look closer:

I don't know what their stories were behind but I don't think it's about abortion. My question, how come he seemingly accepted when the soon-to-be mother wanted to keep her child, and then suddenly, he went to kill her later? I meant, what's a story behind them? What made him to murder this poor woman?

Clearly, it's a Domestic Violence. I'm sure it is...

Exactly, Karrissa. It doesn't add up.

Yes, I agree with you there.

I was almost killed once. I argued with someone because I didn't like the way she was treating her dog. They also didn't believe I was deafblind. If I had been murdered then I would have wanted people to know about these details.

It would be wrong not to include everything when someone is murdered. These things matter, and in this case the reason was because the woman refused to abort the man's baby.

It would be nice if for once people had said how sad the woman's death was without getting all offensive because the cause of the argument was also mentioned.

Her death is tragic. I just think the attempt to make a stab at pro-choicers to become pro-life is tacky and trivializes this woman's death. The abortion detail should be mentioned, but it shouldn't be the title of the article.

For an example...

a few months back. A father threw his girl friends infant on the concrete. Tried to take the girlfriend. but fled with the infant and threw the baby out the window of a car on a major interstate.

All due to Domestic Violence.

So this situation is not about abortion... It is about the abuser having power. Using something that the woman treasure... and by taking that away from her.

I apologize for being so graphic.

I don't apreciate you making that assumsion of me or my believe.

I have been there myself and if I was in the woman's shoes, I would definately want the whole world to know that I had died definding my baby.

The title doesn't trivialise it. It's people getting all offended about the title that is trivialising it because there is some sort of assumsion that Pro life: wholier then thou
Pro abortion: rational human being.
This murder clearly illustrates this is not always the case and you can't stand that.

And no I don't trivialise any murders wether they happen at birth, after birth or even before.

EVERY MURDER IS WRONG!

Is anyone on these forums pro-abortion? So far I've only met people that are pro-choice, not pro-abortion.

I agree with you that every murder is wrong. And I think the journalist trivialized the murder by attributing it to the abortion only, which brings in a political issue and is bound to make readers look at it as a political issue and not a personal story.

For an example...

a few months back. A father threw his girl friends infant on the concrete. Tried to take the girlfriend. but fled with the infant and threw the baby out the window of a car on a major interstate.

All due to Domestic Violence.

So this situation is not about abortion... It is about the abuser having power. Using something that the woman treasure... and by taking that away from her.

I apologize for being so graphic.

No need to apologize. These stories are tragic, and in no way are they pretty. If hearing the graphic details stops one person from getting into an abusive relationship, then I say tell the whole ugly truth. It doesn't need to be sugar coated.

No need to apologize. These stories are tragic, and in no way are they pretty. If hearing the graphic details stops one person from getting into an abusive relationship, then I say tell the whole ugly truth. It doesn't need to be sugar coated.

Amen. I think sugarcoating and sweeping the truth under the carpet is a lot of what allows abuse to go on.

Guys don't want to pay child support, thus the reason why he demanded an abortion so he doesn't end up paying 18 years worth over one child.

To me that's a selfish way to get out of reaping what he had sown.

Yiz

It is the truth!!

See it just about everyday on the news. About how a spouse killing their SO and children. Some end up being murder suicide... some end up with fleeing after the fact.

Is anyone on these forums pro-abortion? So far I've only met people that are pro-choice, not pro-abortion.

I agree with you that every murder is wrong. And I think the journalist trivialized the murder by attributing it to the abortion only, which brings in a political issue and is bound to make readers look at it as a political issue and not a personal story.

the reporter didn't attribute the article to abortion. He/she simply reported that the argument (and domestic violence), as stated by the witnesses, was stemmed from abortion topic. It is the OP who framed the article toward to abortion agenda.

btw - there are only pro-choice and pro-life.

Guys don't want to pay child support, thus the reason why he demanded an abortion so he doesn't end up paying 18 years worth over one child.

To me that's a selfish way to get out of reaping what he had sown.

Yiz

who knows? Maybe the woman did something to set him off. As Jillio said - this woman was 8 months pregnant.... the window of opportunity to opt for abortion was already long gone. They had plenty of opportunity to opt for it several months ago.

This is just domestic violence... not an abortion issue.

My uncle once exploded on his ex-girlfriend when he found out she was pregnant... and get this: my family frown on abortions. Needless to say... he got disowned by the family for his abusive behaviour over that matter.

So even if abortions are not legalized, it will still occur anyway.

the reporter didn't attribute the article to abortion. He/she simply reported that the argument (and domestic violence), as stated by the witnesses, was stemmed from abortion topic. It is the OP who framed the article toward to abortion agenda.

You're right, it was more the OP that framed it as an abortion issue.

As for the pro-life and pro-choice, I'm well aware. I was questioning dreama's word choice:

I don't apreciate you making that assumsion of me or my believe.

I have been there myself and if I was in the woman's shoes, I would definately want the whole world to know that I had died definding my baby.

The title doesn't trivialise it. It's people getting all offended about the title that is trivialising it because there is some sort of assumsion that Pro life: wholier then thou
Pro abortion: rational human being.
This murder clearly illustrates this is not always the case and you can't stand that.

And no I don't trivialise any murders wether they happen at birth, after birth or even before.

EVERY MURDER IS WRONG!

It is amazing how those with a personal agenda repeatedly take something unrelated and attempt to spin it to support their agenda. Guess they can't find anything significant without making things appear to be what they aren't and misrepresenting.

I admit..when I first saw the title, I envisioned a pro-life supporter getting killed by a pro-choicer or vice versa.

I admit..when I first saw the title, I envisioned a pro-life supporter getting killed by a pro-choicer or vice versa.

Yep. Me, too. It was very misleading, and I suspect intentionally so.

Yep. Me, too. It was very misleading, and I suspect intentionally so.

That's what I was thinking too. Why "abortion argument"? Sounds like an attempt to turn a murder into a political issue.

I take back my earlier statement saying it was on the OP. I think the journalist was also intentionally misleading by titling the article "Abortion Argument Leads to Murder." "Argument Leads to Murder" would have sufficed with the abortion detail mentioned in the article itself. But by making the very first word of the title "Abortion," just as Shel and deafskeptic mentioned, the reader is subtly pushed in the direction of thinking of pro-life vs. pro-choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back