A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Back home from my 5 week long trip all over the southwest! Whew what an awesome trip that was!

Copied and pasted from my FB post on the day I returned.
July 4th: arrived to Vegas...went to sleep early due to jet lag
July 5th: swam in the pool at the Excalibur hotel amd then Freemont Street in the evening
July 6th: pool all day and Deaf expo events at the Paris hotel
July 7th: pool and hitting the strip with a group of deaf friends.
July 8th: checked out...drove to the Grand Canyon and then drove to my dad's place in Pine, AZ (10 hours of driving...that kicked my butt!!!)
July 9: went to Verde river with my dad and my stepmom
July 10th: drove an hour to Willow Springs lake in the mountains of AZ (elevation....around 8,000 feet) and swam/relaxed
July 11: went ATVing up in a different mountain in AZ and played horsehoe with my dad and my friends
July 12: said bye to my dad and drove to Sedona/spent the day at Slide Rock ..then drove to Phoenix, AZ (2 hour drive)
July 13th: relaxed at my mom's place \ in her pool in Phx and picked my hubby from the airport
July 14th : took my friend to Mill Ave near Arizona State University where I attended for my BA degree
July 15: all went to Lake Pleasant in AZ
July 16: family party at my mom's
July 17: took my hubby to the airport since he had to fly back home. After that... Relaxed at my mom's
July 18: went tubing at Salt River
July 19: spent the day at my aunt's house swimming
July 20th: went to meet my friend and then to Castles &Coasters / metro center
July 21: went to Wet & Wild with my best friend and her family
July 22nd: said bye to my mom and drove to Palm Springs, CA (4 hour drive). Met with friends / swam in the pool and hit downtown Palm Springs
July 23: swam again and did window shopping in downtown Palm Springs
July 24: checked out of Palm Springs and drove to Riverside, CA where we stayed at my friend's
July 25: went to see the Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, and Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles
July 26: took the kids to the Air Force museum with my frind
July 27th: traveled to Lake Gregory up in the mountains (5,000 feet ) ...swam and relaxed and then traveled another 1,000 feet up to Big Bear to stay overnight in a cabin
July 28: sightseeing in Big Bear village and the lake and then drove down to sea level back to Riverside
July 29th: went out to eat and dancing in Riverside with friends
July 30; went to Huntington Beach
July 31: went to Knotts Berry Farm
August 1: was supposed to stay in to pack and clean up but went back to the Beach again and then met up with another friend and her family for dinner. Was so great to see her!!!!
August 2: drove to Las Vegas (4 hours) / checked in/ washed the rental suv/ swam and ate out in Vegas
August 3; here I am at the airport passing time by writing this post. Lol.. I hope you all enjoyed my detailed description of our trip.

WOW!!!!
wicked...
glad you had fun...
you were in vegas and thats all you could ....uh.......(scratches head) ...uh....post..?
indeed girl
what happens in vegas
stays in veeeeeeegaaaaaaa................

all cool

WOW!!!!
wicked...
glad you had fun...
you were in vegas and thats all you could ....uh.......(scratches head) ...uh....post..?
indeed girl
what happens in vegas
stays in veeeeeeegaaaaaaa................

all cool
My friend and I had our kids with us in Vegas. Also, on the 3rd day in Vegas, I got sick and slept in the hotel room all day. Finally felt better that night and went out with my friend and two other friends but I took it easy since I had to drive to the Grand Canyon and then to my dad's place in northern AZ. It was a good thing because I ended up driving for 10 hours.

My friend and I had our kids with us in Vegas. Also, on the 3rd day in Vegas, I got sick and slept in the hotel room all day. Finally felt better that night and went out with my friend and two other friends but I took it easy since I had to drive to the Grand Canyon and then to my dad's place in northern AZ. It was a good thing because I ended up driving for 10 hours.

But why just a list here and no photos at all?

grand canyon wicked...10 hour drive damn..

must of been cookin down that way..
pheeeeeeew

I just read that people are calling the police station to find when a power outage will be over . LOL! The police chief is telling people to stop doing this .

grand canyon wicked...10 hour drive damn..

must of been cookin down that way..
pheeeeeeew
Yea..from Vegas to Grand Canyon's south rim took us 4 hours (we hit rush hour traffic while leaving Vegas) and then another 4 to 5 hours from the Grand Canyon to my dad's cabin in Pine due to my fear of driving on mountains...I drove like 15 miles per hour on the roads with steep cliffs. People were honking and cussing me out for going so slow. Oh well.

Yea..from Vegas to Grand Canyon's south rim took us 4 hours (we hit rush hour traffic while leaving Vegas) and then another 4 to 5 hours from the Grand Canyon to my dad's cabin in Pine due to my fear of driving on mountains...I drove like 15 miles per hour on the roads with steep cliffs. People were honking and cussing me out for going so slow. Oh well.

And I bet you were in a rental car so that an out of state license plate wasn't on to help them understand where you were coming from and what you would know about that kind of driving.

And I bet you were in a rental car so that an out of state license plate wasn't on to help them understand where you were coming from and what you would know about that kind of driving.

What does having a rental car and/or out of state license plate have to do with it? I am betting even local people may drive slow on those roads and drive other impatient drivers batty.

What does having a rental car and/or out of state license plate have to do with it? I am betting even local people may drive slow on those roads and drive other impatient drivers batty.

My thought is that an out of state license plate may get a bit more consideration for someone driving slowly. It would make it more likely that a local would realize that the driver was not familiar with the area.

BTW, she may have been driving a rental RV. I would certainly take mountain roads slowly with one of those.

b54052992c78dcbe5d8f067e6379b7cc.jpg

Back