A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

We will still have to help her clean up to a point as the doctor is not allowing her to do it. I told her we would be over once a week to do it all, just like Merry Maids does it. I would not be doing anything extra as far as cleaning as I have my own family to care for. She was upset and then hubby told her to take it or leave it. She could either accept my terms, or he would not allow me to do any at all and she would have to hire someone to come in. She has agreed to my terms.

Good for you!

Two women sharing a household is tough.

Good for you!

Two women sharing a household is tough.

2 women in the kitchen is too much...remmy my own ex-MIL came to stay with us for 2 weeks...and stayed for 6 months!....So I learned my lesson there. And no matter what, I would never move in with my in-laws. MY marriage suffered drastically, no privacy, always telling me "how to do something" etc. etc.....no way would I go thru that again. Personally, I would rather live in a motel or a homeless shelter.

2 women in the kitchen is too much...remmy my own ex-MIL came to stay with us for 2 weeks...and stayed for 6 months!....So I learned my lesson there. And no matter what, I would never move in with my in-laws. MY marriage suffered drastically, no privacy, always telling me "how to do something" etc. etc.....no way would I go thru that again. Personally, I would rather live in a motel or a homeless shelter.

Same here...would NOT live with my mom or my MIL unless if it is really really really necessary.

Well - my mom has been with us since shortly after we got married. When my father died, he really left her in deep massive debt and a $17,000 IRS tax lien. We took her in and gave her a place to stay and she has helped quite a bit over the last 18 years. We have also taken care of her through 2 hospitalizations that almost killed her. When we were going through financial issues and MIL was going through issues taking care of FIL with Alzheimer's and terminal cancer, she asked us to come down and help her. She knew she could not live alone and she was too healthy to be put into assisted living at the time. So we moved to be with her. It has been Hell on wheels and as MIL gets worse with her medical issues, tension and such has gotten worse. Her doctor says she is still too healthy for assisted living. Once she gets to that point, then she already has coverage for her care at a nursing home until her death. She does not want us taking care of her at that point. With my mother, we will take care of her at home with the help of Hospice when that time comes. Luckily, we are 90% positive that we will be able to do this garage conversion and have our own place. We are just waiting on the permits from the Health Dept. and the loan to go through.

Well - my mom has been with us since shortly after we got married. When my father died, he really left her in deep massive debt and a $17,000 IRS tax lien. We took her in and gave her a place to stay and she has helped quite a bit over the last 18 years. We have also taken care of her through 2 hospitalizations that almost killed her. When we were going through financial issues and MIL was going through issues taking care of FIL with Alzheimer's and terminal cancer, she asked us to come down and help her. She knew she could not live alone and she was too healthy to be put into assisted living at the time. So we moved to be with her. It has been Hell on wheels and as MIL gets worse with her medical issues, tension and such has gotten worse. Her doctor says she is still too healthy for assisted living. Once she gets to that point, then she already has coverage for her care at a nursing home until her death. She does not want us taking care of her at that point. With my mother, we will take care of her at home with the help of Hospice when that time comes. Luckily, we are 90% positive that we will be able to do this garage conversion and have our own place. We are just waiting on the permits from the Health Dept. and the loan to go through.

Yea, I am sure if my mom gets to that point, she will be living with one of us 3 kids. I would love to build a mother-in-law suite in my backyard as it is big enough. Maybe someday and then she can live there...lol.

Baking spaghetti pie while I'm working on the garage. A good evening. Beautiful weather! Gonna be a VERY busy day at work tomorrow so taking advantage of this down time.

Having a slow lazy day. Got to get moving, but I don't wanna!!

it's gonna be a long week...... will be leaving for Virginia tomorrow

I have business travel for the rest of the week. On the road and in strange places talking with people I don't know. It should be fun! :)

Things are now starting to make more sense at work today. Was able to enter order invoice easily today.. :)

Work was slow but hard today. I came home and showered. All I wanted to do at that point was go to sleep.

Tomorrow it's back to the farm. Hopefully, we will get more done tomorrow than what we did today. I want to finish a wee bit early, but something tells me, it won't happen. I want some days off to go look for work. I can't stand it!!!!!!! *stamps foot in floor and has a mini hissy fit*

Passed out in the bathroom today. Also, almost passed out in the kitchen. The house is very warm in spite of the fans. There is no air moving outside, so that with all the allergies, we can't open windows. Almost out of gas, so I can't sit in the car. Oh, I already took 2 cold showers today and I've only been up since 8am and it's 1:15 pm and I've been to the libraries.

Passed out in the bathroom today. Also, almost passed out in the kitchen. The house is very warm in spite of the fans. There is no air moving outside, so that with all the allergies, we can't open windows. Almost out of gas, so I can't sit in the car. Oh, I already took 2 cold showers today and I've only been up since 8am and it's 1:15 pm and I've been to the libraries.

i hope you're ok?????

I jest wish I could fix my fookin' ears and everything would be ok. I guess, all I can do is live for God.

Back