A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I take it that you Shel had a hard workout today, no?

Yep, plus sore from 200 crunches yesterday. I changed my workout routine because last spring I was spending up to 2 hours 5 times a week weighlifting and all that but wwas getting so tired so I just work out for an hour 4 to 5 times a week. Getting too old for those kinds of workouts. I still am not toned like I wsa before. Age seems to be winning the battle, I guess.

Yep, plus sore from 200 crunches yesterday. I changed my workout routine because last spring I was spending up to 2 hours 5 times a week weighlifting and all that but wwas getting so tired so I just work out for an hour 4 to 5 times a week. Getting too old for those kinds of workouts. I still am not toned like I wsa before. Age seems to be winning the battle, I guess.

200 crunches? Yikes! :shock:

I've noticed that with age, it's harder to keep a well-toned body, and I'm only 27! I've thought about getting into working out again, but I'm just un-motivated, especially now where I am on my feet doing physical labor all day long on the farm. I wouldn't be surprised though if I lost some fat but gained muscle from all of this farm work.

speaking of work outs anyone here ever heard of sayoc kali? It's the phillippino martial arts made famous from the movie The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Bencio Del Toro.

I'm thinking of taking that up not for the self defense and wicked tricks with the knife you learn...but also for my health.

There is just something so yummy about gala apple slices dipped in peanut butter and honey. Aaaaahhhhhh Heavennnnnnnn!!!!!

82 outside and the gentle breeze is coming from the direction of the dump which is 25 miles from here. You should have seen the people leaving the neighbor's swimming pool when the stink hit.

Freezing my butt of at my son's soccer practice.

82 outside and the gentle breeze is coming from the direction of the dump which is 25 miles from here. You should have seen the people leaving the neighbor's swimming pool when the stink hit.

We've had an awesome breeze here today...no "stink" at all...:giggle:..left my patio door open to get the river breeze...wonderful October weather.

last week it was a bit too warm and humid but now it's finally starting to become cool&nippy.. october rocks

It reached the high 80's today. Unusual for up here !! Don't know if we broke any records (probably not!) but it was just an absolutely gorgeous day for October at this temperature with the beautiful fall leaves. I could not ask for a nicer day than this ALL YEAR! :)

It reached the high 80's today. Unusual for up here !! Don't know if we broke any records (probably not!) but it was just an absolutely gorgeous day for October at this temperature with the beautiful fall leaves. I could not ask for a nicer day than this ALL YEAR! :)

Yep, it was around 90 here yesterday. Unreal.

Had a minor catastrophe at home around 2:20 this morning. It was all just an accident, but MIL is treating it like something else. Since the computer is in the bedroom and there is not much room, we use a folding chair while at the computer. Daughter was putting the chair away, like we do every night, and it slipped and fell over into MIL's curio cabinet near the front door. The chair broke the 2 sliding glass doors and nothing of the Knick-Knacks inside. She and son cleaned up all the glass and then used my dust buster to get the carpet a little better for the night. She also ran the vacuum today. Now, MIL is mostly upset at the "carelessness" of daughter. She is requiring daughter to dust everything on those shelves weekly as "penance". I say, do away with a bunch of these things and be thankful the kids didn't get hurt and also be thankful they cleaned up. Ah well.

Had a minor catastrophe at home around 2:20 this morning. It was all just an accident, but MIL is treating it like something else. Since the computer is in the bedroom and there is not much room, we use a folding chair while at the computer. Daughter was putting the chair away, like we do every night, and it slipped and fell over into MIL's curio cabinet near the front door. The chair broke the 2 sliding glass doors and nothing of the Knick-Knacks inside. She and son cleaned up all the glass and then used my dust buster to get the carpet a little better for the night. She also ran the vacuum today. Now, MIL is mostly upset at the "carelessness" of daughter. She is requiring daughter to dust everything on those shelves weekly as "penance". I say, do away with a bunch of these things and be thankful the kids didn't get hurt and also be thankful they cleaned up. Ah well.
Penance? Good grief! Your MIL is something else I am afraid. Will she still require your daughter to dust when you move into the garage conversion? This is going to drive your kids away from her more than anything. I assume first chance they get to move out for college, they will be all over it to get away from MIL. I'm beginning to wonder if your MIL is the same woman from 'Flowers In The Attic'. :shock:

She can forgive her pastor for messing up the front lawn but is dishing punishment to her granddaughter? *smh*

She can forgive her pastor for messing up the front lawn but is dishing punishment to her granddaughter? *smh*

Chair falling was clearly an accident but can you call driving a truck over front yard an accident? I think not! :roll:

Just got my advanced teaching certificate mailed to me. Finally!

We will still have to help her clean up to a point as the doctor is not allowing her to do it. I told her we would be over once a week to do it all, just like Merry Maids does it. I would not be doing anything extra as far as cleaning as I have my own family to care for. She was upset and then hubby told her to take it or leave it. She could either accept my terms, or he would not allow me to do any at all and she would have to hire someone to come in. She has agreed to my terms.

Back