A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

My least favorite blind spots when riding my bicycle.

Has anyone been hit while trying get across the street, , it does look like a bad blind spot . I can't tell if you can see the traffic if stand on the sidewalk .

Has anyone been hit while trying get across the street, , it does look like a bad blind spot . I can't tell if you can see the traffic if stand on the sidewalk .

Not that I know of, but I nearly collided with a car yesterday at one of them. This is why I don't like these two.

Not that I know of, but I nearly collided with a car yesterday at one of them. This is why I don't like these two.

Can't you find a safer route to ride your bike ? I am glad you are OK. The city will probably do something to made that safer after some is badly hurt or killed. That is want happen in my city , we had a very dangerous intersection and my city kept trying to get the state to put up some traffic lights an accident was happening there at least 3 or 4 times a week.
The state finally put up traffic lights after my car was T boned by an teenager driver my car was totaled then there where two more bad one after mine . Then the state put in the lights!

Can't you find a safer route to ride your bike ? I am glad you are OK. The city will probably do something to made that safer after some is badly hurt or killed. That is want happen in my city , we had a very dangerous intersection and my city kept trying to get the state to put up some traffic lights an accident was happening there at least 3 or 4 times a week.
The state finally put up traffic lights after my car was T boned by an teenager driver my car was totaled then there where two more bad one after mine . Then the state put in the lights!

No, I can't. This is the most direct route to get to where I'm going, and it's also the quickest. I just need to be careful, and ride slow.

No, I can't. This is the most direct route to get to where I'm going, and it's also the quickest. I just need to be careful, and ride slow.

Maybe you could get a real loud horn to put on your bike to warn drivers you riding across the street .

Because I rode in a medical helicopter twice in less than 10 years. Doctors back then warned me that it wasn't a good idea to try and fly. As for today, I have no idea.

Did you ask doctor why? Were you panic and went black out?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Bicycle Safety Equipment
Bicycle helmets are an essential element of bicycle safety and must be properly fitted
and adjusted. Always wear an approved safety helmet while riding to protect your head
and brain from injury in case of an accident.
Make sure your bicycle has the following safety equipment:

Front light visible for at least 500 feet (night riders)

Clear front reflector

Red rear reflector visible from 100 to 600 feet

Horn or bell that can be heard up to 100 feet

Reliable, properly adjusted brakes

Wheel-mounted side reflectors

Reflector pedals

Gears that are adjusted and operate smoothly

Properly adjusted seat

Handlebars and all accessories securely attached

https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a143.pdf

^^ Those are just recommended safety features. It's not the law or required to have these items.

Back