A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Everywhere. Doesn't matter where you are in the state, a cyclist must have a warning device for drivers.

no. let me clarify - I'm asking you where did you get that information from. I've never ever ever heard of such a law that you speak of except for flashing light - red in the back, white in the front.

It's required in Illinois.

You don't have to have a bell for drivers.... :roll:

You really think a driver is going to hear your little bicycle bell in their car?! Hell, I can't get them to hear my motorcycle horn let alone my CAR horn most of the time let alone a little dinky bicycle bell! :laugh2:

How does that help you when the driver is Deaf? Oh, I think they're sounding their bell at me.... Oh wait... that doesn't matter... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! We can drive Deaf.... remember? :squint: Sound your little bell all you want.... Blast your horn, it's not helping you much if I can't hear you.... :laugh2: Not even just that, take into account all these young drivers who blast their music... I doubt they're going to hear anything either. That's what lights and reflectors are for... *facepalm*

I can agree it's a good safety feature to have... but it's not a state "law".... As I have stated in the past... please do research before assuming blasting out what you assume as fact.

Last edited:
You don't have to have a bell for drivers.... :roll:

You really think a driver is going to hear your little bicycle bell in their car?! Hell, I can't get them to hear my motorcycle horn let alone my CAR horn most of the time let alone a little dinky bicycle bell! :laugh2:

How does that help you when the driver is Deaf? Oh, I think they're sounding their bell at me.... Oh wait... that doesn't matter... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! We can drive Deaf.... remember? :squint: Sound your little bell all you want.... Blast your horn, it's not helping you much if I can't hear you.... :laugh2: Not even just that, take into account all these young drivers who blast their music... I doubt they're going to hear anything either. That's what lights and reflectors are for... *facepalm*

I can agree it's a good safety feature to have... but it's not a state "law".... As I have stated in the past... please do research before assuming blasting out what you assume as fact.
I have excellent hearing but if I'm in a car with the windows up, there's no way I'm going to hear a bicycle bell in traffic.

Honestly, bicycle bells were never intended to warn car drivers. They are for warning other bicyclists and pedestrians.

Besides, what good does a bell warning do at a blind-spot intersection or driveway? The bicycle isn't coming up from behind in that situation. The only way an audible warning would help in that scenario is if the car coming out of the driveway honks its horn to warn people on the main street. In that case, it wouldn't be of benefit to a deaf bike rider or pedestrian.

The only solution is to stay aware and keep looking around.

no. let me clarify - I'm asking you where did you get that information from. I've never ever ever heard of such a law that you speak of except for flashing light - red in the back, white in the front.

I don't think he's going to answer that. :lol:

I have excellent hearing but if I'm in a car with the windows up, there's no way I'm going to hear a bicycle bell in traffic.

Honestly, bicycle bells were never intended to warn car drivers. They are for warning other bicyclists and pedestrians.

Besides, what good does a bell warning do at a blind-spot intersection or driveway? The bicycle isn't coming up from behind in that situation. The only way an audible warning would help in that scenario is if the car coming out of the driveway honks its horn to warn people on the main street. In that case, it wouldn't be of benefit to a deaf bike rider or pedestrian.

The only solution is to stay aware and keep looking around.

Annoying happened to me once walking my dog this man w his kid in the back in those strollers went overboard w that bell. He kept ringing it like a billion times to move out his way we did when he rang once but my doggie is slow walker and he ring too much. I heard him the first time . I wanted to tell him something for being stupid when the bike lane is just on the street next to us dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got home from a fun filled 4 day weekend at Busch Gardens and camping and the kids want me to take them to a movie tmw. huh?

I had a great weekend :) I am looking forward to more fun this week! My little angel turns 5 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got home from a fun filled 4 day weekend at Busch Gardens and camping and the kids want me to take them to a movie tmw. huh?

Thats so typical of kids. :giggle:

add to edit: what movie did your kids want to watch??? me curious!! i ll be prepared for my kids as well! lol I will take day off to be with my kids on the lousy weather, and take them to movie anyway.

Thats so typical of kids. :giggle:

add to edit: what movie did your kids want to watch??? me curious!! i ll be prepared for my kids as well! lol I will take day off to be with my kids on the lousy weather, and take them to movie anyway.

Manificent in 3D. I am dropping them off. My daughter, my son and my roommate's two kids want to go by themselves.

Oh yes that's a convenient plan. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Problem is that I am so tired from the trip and just want to watch tv all day. I need one day of down time but it is not going to happen anytime soon.

Problem is that I am so tired from the trip and just want to watch tv all day. I need one day of down time but it is not going to happen anytime soon.

I FEEL YOU THAT ONE. sometiems i go for it so i can enjoy eating popcorn. :lol:

TCS and I got our shingles vaccine shots this morning.

TCS and I got our shingles vaccine shots this morning.

Curious yiu have shingles? Or play it safe to get vaccine shits? I had chicken pox. I keep wondering if u have shingling or si

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back