A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Hmm. Sleep and comfort are a must. I'll have to check that out.

I know some people who rode on it. Plus, it has free wifi can't beat that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some people who rode on it. Plus, it has free wifi can't beat that .

Wifi on a bus? Now how does that work? I know the Illini and Saluki has it, but they're limited.

I can ask them. Might have been limited .

That's what I was thinking. The Illini and Saluki limited use of the wifi on those trains to video streaming and music only, so maybe Megabus has similar restrictions?

Actually I think a small airplane is more suitable. They can't go that high (I think.... could be wrong here). And I don't have to worry about cramped legs.

A small plane? it's very cramped and the turbulence is much more pronounced. it would add to your stress and anxiety.

and plus - it's more expensive than jumbo jet.... and it has a limited range unless you're talking about a private jet

Actually I think a small airplane is more suitable. They can't go that high (I think.... could be wrong here). And I don't have to worry about cramped legs.
Depends...

Quick googling says that single engine planes don't go above 30,000 feet while most commercial airliners go between 30,000-45,000 feet. Just really depends on the type of plane and if there is un-pressurized or pressurized cabins.

Leg room in a small plane? Really? Last time I was in a "puddle jumper"... I can't remember from where but I was flying to Kalamazoo to visit a friend of mine... the space was SMALL and I'm a SMALL person! That was 15+ years ago so don't know if it's still true. Judging from recent trips in a giant airplane with little leg room I'm guessing smaller passenger planes are probably about as bad... You'd be on a luxury jet if you want leg room! (or first class..).

As for damage to ear drums... what? my deafness is from rubella also- one ear drum is actually flatter than the other (according to the tympanic test they do every so often...) but I've flown so many times-- never had anything wrong aside from the horrible 'stuffed up' feeling and attempt to pop the poor ears (try that with earmolds...OW).

What I'm curious about-- why is your fear of heights so specific to 30,000 feet? I have never heard of that in my life. My mother doesn't like heights- it's a generalized fear- with her she doesn't like standing in open spaces with high heights- Space Needle is one- standing at the end of the bridge over the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge freaked her out and she wouldn't walk across. Oddly she's fine INSIDE a plane while it's up in the sky...hmm..

Anyway...There are probably ways to prevent the ear drums from getting damaged- and if they never said HOW or WHY it would happen.. then I've gotta wonder- I'd have kept asking until I found out why they even said that.

ah well your entire paragraph (both of them actually...hm) was confusing- you talked about two different ideas in the same paragraph and used the word "plus" after talking about Florida.. that's why I asked.

Still hurts my brain lol.

Florida is a big state- I'm sure it's safe enough to go there. Can't live your life by fear.

Never say never neither. When I started college, I'd only been to Italy and New Jersey (summers). I'd have laughed if anyone told me I'd travel to many states and 2 more countries in my life. For me going somewhere to meet a new person is a HUGE step (I am not a people person in general)- so I make it an effort to travel (and find ways to pay for it).

congrat on taking a new step. it was a big step for me too few years ago because I was an introvert. I travel to meet people and enjoy life. great great great great time.

I'm currently in DC now... will be going back home tomorrow. 2 weeks ago, I was in Las Vegas. I've made several new friends. 2 days ago, I've made several new friends in Boston. and now a few more new friends in DC.

Yeah.... Florida isn't for me, anyways. Plus, it's doubtful I'll ever go, anyways, because I've never ventured that far west. Furthest west I did go was St. Charles, MO. That's as far west as I've ever gone. However, I've gone pretty far east, but it's been more than 20 years since I did that.

You've never been to Florida... so how you know it isn't' for you?

That's what I was thinking. The Illini and Saluki limited use of the wifi on those trains to video streaming and music only, so maybe Megabus has similar restrictions?

wifi on bus is very spotty and limited. I wouldn't count on it for entertainment purpose.... only for communication - email, light surfing, and chatting.

MegaBus does have restrictions on internet - no streaming allowed. that means something like netflix.

What about Megabus? I know it has limitations of travel might work for you.

I am no longer traveling on MegaBus. it takes too long to reach a destination!!!! around here - MegaBus is a double-decker so that means it has limited routes to use. Now I will be using Bolt Bus.

congrat on taking a new step. it was a big step for me too few years ago because I was an introvert. I travel to meet people and enjoy life. great great great great time.

I'm currently in DC now... will be going back home tomorrow. 2 weeks ago, I was in Las Vegas. I've made several new friends. 2 days ago, I've made several new friends in Boston. and now a few more new friends in DC.
Thank you.. I am a giant introvert too lol. Hard to believe since I do much better online- face to face.. eeesh.. I have a harder time.

But the best parts of my life HAVE been going to meet my online friends- several of whom are still my friends many years later- as well as sometimes joining activities (the deaf bowling league and a deaf darts team). Once I start working again (or an income...) gotta try to get myself to do that again.. maybe...

Met up with 5 ADers in DC last night. Had a great time!

It was great seeing you last night!!!! :lol:

I'd like to try and fly. Like I said, I have a fear of being 30,000 feet in the air.
What's the significance of 30,000 feet in the air? Do you think other heights are safer? If a plane goes down at fewer feet do you think it would make a difference?

There is that. They are pretty cheap, from what I've heard of them. Problem is, I haven't ridden a long distance bus in nearly 25 years.
So? What difference does that make? Today's buses aren't the same as 25 years ago. That isn't a "problem."

Last time I did I was only 5, and headed to Lockport, IL. That was way back then.
That's not a long distance; it was still within your state. Were you alone? I rode a bus cross country (CA to CT) when I was 16 with my younger brother in tow, no parents. TCS rode a bus from SC to MI. It's not that big of a deal.

WIN_20140622_102212_zps04d47c19.jpg

This is the batting cages at Warren Park, 1.5 miles from my home. I hope to get there one day this summer.

Back