A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I had a TV that (I think) was 60+ inches. I still need glasses so I still couldn't read the captioning all that well! But that's on me. Right now I'm using my TV that is about 40? inches and that's fine, but that's because I'm sitting about 2 feet away from it LOL.

In the old days sitting too close would make you sterile or blind or something. ;)

Mine's 64" and the CC /Subtitle is large enough from 6ft away! Glad I don't have to get close and glued my eyes to the CC. :dance2:

Mine is so close because of location. It's in my bedroom and there is only so much room between TV and bed/chair. But at dinner time today we all were watching the news on the TV, which was probably 10 feet away, and I absolutely could not read the captioning. Eh. Just ate instead. LOL.

Despite the caption, they are actually nice now. Part of the reason for getting a larger one instead of glasses, LOL. You can even read papers and stuff that show up in scenes, those were often just a blob where I wondered if they even had anything to do with the scene, or just some random filler.

This was taken about 10ft from the TV without zoom. The captions are default size and font from TiVo. It's not made for 4k, so they don't look as nice as the menus and text native to the TV.

Attachments

• IMG_3649.jpg
    IMG_3649.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 4
(in reference to Soulchill's photo)

Hmm wow... Might be able to see that.

Me I AM low vision so always a pain with captions (especially when they use small caps grrr). I don't know the distance from the couch to the tv (during dinner...) but from the end of the couch I can't see or read any captions but if I sit at the halfway point on it, i can see/read them lol. So now I either eat or play on my iPad. I also have a feeling it may depend on the brand of tv.

The TV in my "office" well... that's 23/24" (nearly same size as my monitor) and practically in front of me lol so perfect viewing.

I think I am coming down with a cold. :( It's hard to tell between a cold and my severe allergies sometimes, so I'm not sure just yet. I might just go back to bed!

Having Dry Eye Syndrome...eyes water and water...things get blurry. So cc's were hard to read...I have a 52'' LG, and sit about 6-8 feet from it...Anyway, got some "new" eye drops for the condition and my eyes are better. Looking forward to eye surgery soon and a lens implant (left eye). Hoping my vision will get much, much better.

Having Dry Eye Syndrome...eyes water and water...things get blurry. So cc's were hard to read...I have a 52'' LG, and sit about 6-8 feet from it...Anyway, got some "new" eye drops for the condition and my eyes are better. Looking forward to eye surgery soon and a lens implant (left eye). Hoping my vision will get much, much better.
I hope the surgery helps. I have Sjogren's (dry eye and mouth) syndrome and also use prescription eye drops. Can't see well with the drops, for awhile after using. It took a few tries to find the right drops. It's a pain, I know. :(

I so know how that feels, I have such bad allergies that my eyes water all morning. It finally dries up for the rest of the day, but those first few hours is frustrating! And I can't even watch tv. Too blurry at that time.

It's frustrating!...Go into stores, and my eyes "blur"...The drops I have now...Restasis, 0.05% are helping a lot (these are prescription)...1 drop each eye, twice a day. All of the over-the-counter eye drops?...None worked...except for Systane (over the counter)...

I hope the surgery helps. I have Sjogren's (dry eye and mouth) syndrome and also use prescription eye drops. Can't see well with the drops, for awhile after using. It took a few tries to find the right drops. It's a pain, I know. :(
My sister had Siogren's....would it be genetic?....anyway, what kind of drops do you use, Reba?

I feel for you guys. My eyes have seriously deteriorated this past year or so, and I'm aware that high blood pressure can contribute to that, so I need to get back to my optometrist to have my eyes re-checked. My blood pressure is that high, despite meds. I'm worried about passing this year's vision test when my driver's license is up for renewal.

I feel for you guys. My eyes have seriously deteriorated this past year or so, and I'm aware that high blood pressure can contribute to that, so I need to get back to my optometrist to have my eyes re-checked. My blood pressure is that high, despite meds. I'm worried about passing this year's vision test when my driver's license is up for renewal.

Maybe you should be checked for hysteria? :dunno:

My sister had Siogren's....would it be genetic?....anyway, what kind of drops do you use, Reba?
Yes, there is a genetic component to Sjogren's. My daughter has it, too. A blood test can confirm it. It also can effect arthritis and the heart. It's one of those autoimmune things.

I have used Restasis before and am now using Xiidra. My daughter had bad reactions to those, so she can use only artificial tears.

Back