A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Didnt mean to take away from the seriousness of these eye issue(s). Apologies.

I'm worried about passing this year's vision test when my driver's license is up for renewal.

If you do, ask for a form to take to your eye doctor to fill out. Basically asking doctor to authorize /state your ability to still drive- it asks for acuity (the whole 20/20 thing).

Most of the states I've lived in (except AZ and GA), I had to get a letter from the eye doc to show that I am under the legal limit for vision for driving as I always flunk the vision test.

Thank you for the advice. I think at this point I just need glasses, so as long as I get them before renewing my license I think I should be ok.

If you do, ask for a form to take to your eye doctor to fill out. Basically asking doctor to authorize /state your ability to still drive- it asks for acuity (the whole 20/20 thing).

Most of the states I've lived in (except AZ and GA), I had to get a letter from the eye doc to show that I am under the legal limit for vision for driving as I always flunk the vision test.
That's great to know!

Yep, I do the same for my driver's license in Colorado by having my eye dr to file out an eye test waiver form for DMV. They ain't keeping me away from my Challenger!

Oh, a tip, form a good relationship with your eye doctor by going to the annual check-up even if you think you don't need it. It's to secure a long-term commitment to keep your driver's license.

d12d59045ab4dcd222091fc1ca785f52.jpg

So... anyone have any good recommendations for laptop backpacks? (preferably under $100- I'm on a tight budget)? It's for a 15" macbook pro.

Some of y'all replied already to my FB post lol (and thank you).

So... anyone have any good recommendations for laptop backpacks? (preferably under $100- I'm on a tight budget)? It's for a 15" macbook pro.

Some of y'all replied already to my FB post lol (and thank you).
I see a lot of the IT guys with SwissGear. I think some of it depends on how much travel you do and amount of gear you need to pack. I have a 13" Air and just put it in a neoprene zipper bag and put that in my old leather back pack. If you fly with it a lot, the larger ones with a separate pocket are nice for customs. I think one place is making a smaller one for flying that basically unzips and bam, there's your laptop and tablet ready to x-ray. Can't remember the name, but looked like one of those newer start-ups making it (yeah, now that's not a lot of help). My old one has a handle in addition to the straps, which I really like when I travel. It's nice to be able to set it down and move around without using the straps.

Three hour school delay this morning! Looks like I'm working from home today.

I see a lot of the IT guys with SwissGear. I think some of it depends on how much travel you do and amount of gear you need to pack. I have a 13" Air and just put it in a neoprene zipper bag and put that in my old leather back pack. If you fly with it a lot, the larger ones with a separate pocket are nice for customs. I think one place is making a smaller one for flying that basically unzips and bam, there's your laptop and tablet ready to x-ray. Can't remember the name, but looked like one of those newer start-ups making it (yeah, now that's not a lot of help). My old one has a handle in addition to the straps, which I really like when I travel. It's nice to be able to set it down and move around without using the straps.

Yeah.. I have a very old swissgear Wenger laptop case that functions closer to a briefcase. It's at least 10 years old if not a bit more than that as I know I used it for the England trip and still in relatively awesome shape. I'm not flying much- rarely in fact. For now I'll be using it in Utah- 3 months and a 15 minute walk between class and "home" (where I'll be staying)- phew...unless public transportation is any better (still a 12 minute walk from bus stop to class!).
Have been looking at Solo, Targus, Case Crown and Case Logic (another popular one in IT seem as is Solo). there's another I saw I really liked but can't remember the name now!

I did see a few that are "TSA friendly" like you mentioned but...like you the name(s) escape me. Have to go trawl Amazon again lol.

My thought would be if the "TSA friendly" one fits your requirements for what you need it for now why not get it for "future proofing"?

My thought would be if the "TSA friendly" one fits your requirements for what you need it for now why not get it for "future proofing"?

If I remember- most are very expensive. There's a few sprinkled through some lists I'm finding that are on the budget friendly side. The Solo one that has been mentioned to me.. I'm a bit on the fence with that one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best...#timbuk2-command-tsa-friendly-messenger-bag-1

what I didn't know was that TSA has had 'approved checkpoint friendly' criteria since 2008. Interesting.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-bags-for-travel/

Even then... it's still a crapshoot when you get to the airport... based on the whims of the TSA agents who are working the checkpoints that day...

Yeah.. I have a very old swissgear Wenger laptop case that functions closer to a briefcase. It's at least 10 years old if not a bit more than that as I know I used it for the England trip and still in relatively awesome shape. I'm not flying much- rarely in fact. For now I'll be using it in Utah- 3 months and a 15 minute walk between class and "home" (where I'll be staying)- phew...unless public transportation is any better (still a 12 minute walk from bus stop to class!).
Have been looking at Solo, Targus, Case Crown and Case Logic (another popular one in IT seem as is Solo). there's another I saw I really liked but can't remember the name now!

I did see a few that are "TSA friendly" like you mentioned but...like you the name(s) escape me. Have to go trawl Amazon again lol.

What is the problem with the one you have?

What is the problem with the one you have?

It is a briefcase style one. I can't see myself lugging that for a 15 minute walk- even with a shoulder strap. I'd be happy to post a pic of it. I'm not sure how much other room there would be after all my gear (laptop, ipad, chargers, possibly lunch stuffed in there...).

Just tried the laptop (3-4ish lbs) in there...fits but the way the bag is designed it's really for a fatter laptop.

Got my hearing aids fixed and feeling like a dork. All they needed were new tubes and minor adjustments. Now they are like new.
Such a dork. I went a couple months without them. D-oh.

Finally took down the Christmas tree and the decorations. My Christmas 2017 is officially done.

Back