9/11

Yes, America is full of arrogance and ignorance.....here is why

1) America will not allow the honor killing of females within its soil

2) America REQUIRES females to attend school until they graduate or turn 17

3) America will not allow any single religion to control the laws of the land

4) America will not allow a person to be put to death for blasphemy

I could list many more but the lesson is always the same....America stands for freedom and democracy. If even one of the 9/11 terrorist had survive he would have received a fair trial......totally paid for my the Americans.

That sounds like fearful paranoia mixed with a little arrogance ...

My niece and nephews

niecenephew.jpg

I am so sad that you feel the way you do ...

Who said you? Paranoid much? I said "plenty of idiots" and you felt included? :hmm:

BTW, having an in-law of a different race does not preclude someone from having racist tendencies. Sort of like having a bandage on your elbow without having a wound.

Reba, the thing that keeps going through my mind, is that the entire Nation was fixated on a Senator and his connection to a missing woman when the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon happened. I can't even remember their names.

It was all but forgotten in the ensuing news reports covering 9/11. With the following anthrax attacks .... beltway sniper ....

edit: I had to google it, it was US Representative Gary Condit and he was accused of having an affair with Chandra Levy. She turned up missing, then her remains were found.

Chandra Levy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not by you, though. You were probably angered that the media persecution of this Democrat was moved from the front page by that annoying group of terrorists. Thanks for using your usual thread derailing tactics, yet again, to focus the spotlight on the bad manners of the Left. Hey, maybe it was Democrats that did the attacks to save face...

There were many heroes on that day.

Firefighters, police, EMT's, other first responders, and everyday civilians. Their stories are heart breaking, and at the same time, encouraging.

Let us also remember the survivors who still live with life-changing memories and physical problems. It's not over for them.

its 11years since the United States was attacked in an outrageous move by foreign terrorist. we should never forget those that lost there lives that day and the courageous efforts of the rescuers that not thinking of themselves went to save every life they could. let us take a moment to remember those who we lost and there familys.
Thank you for starting this thread. I'm very sorry about straying from the focus. I hope we all (myself included) can get back on track.

So you agree with the Islamic radical mullahs that said Americans were arrogant to justify the attack on 9/11?

For asking me that, you must be agreeing with them. Come out of closet, Steinhauer.

That's interesting. It seems to me the AD of today isn't the AD of 8-10 years ago and that's all I'll say about that.

It is not just here - I have seen people on different forums have also thought they deserved explicit constitutional rights. Many fights have started, ends up blaming staff or the admin/owner for troubles. I'm just giving a basic rundown of it applies in reality.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. That's all I'll say about that.

Yoo Hoo - here it is .. broken down ... in simple terms.

I think you only speak for yourself there. Americans are not a fearful people full of paranoia. You are. You said so yourself.
Patriot Act. Gitmo Camp. Excessive and continued funding on anti-terrorism units, equipments, TSA, etc. that didn't even work well.

You are apparently talking about yourself yet again. America has always been very "approachable" just not "conquerable" (the word you may have been looking for?). There was no mistake America made that WE Americans need to learn from. None. An example of how approachable America is, and how generous OUR politicians are, discover for yourself which US President donated the most of OUR money to Africa for AIDs research. List the donations of all other countries for this comparison. None even came close, and yet foreign countries belittled America's contributions. You listened to them. Can't help you there.
Using our tax money for donation is illegal. Do you mean US Presidents donated THEIR own money?

You apparently were not talking about America. America is more "multi-cultural" than any other nation on this planet.
unfortunately.... racism and homophobia are still strong in here. Hate Crime Law, anybody?

Yoo Hoo - here it is .. broken down ... in simple terms.

I think you only speak for yourself there. Americans are not a fearful people full of paranoia. You are. You said so yourself.

You are apparently talking about yourself yet again. America has always been very "approachable" just not "conquerable" (the word you may have been looking for?). There was no mistake America made that WE Americans need to learn from. None. An example of how approachable America is, and how generous OUR politicians are, discover for yourself which US President donated the most of OUR money to Africa for AIDs research. List the donations of all other countries for this comparison. None even came close, and yet foreign countries belittled America's contributions. You listened to them. Can't help you there.

You apparently were not talking about America. America is more "multi-cultural" than any other nation on this planet.

Some Americans are paranoid and fearful, depending on situation and honest with you, some of your posts show that you are paranoid, especially situation about our government.

Patriot Act. Gitmo Camp. Excessive and continued funding on anti-terrorism units, equipments, TSA, etc. that didn't even work well.

Using our tax money for donation is illegal. Do you mean US Presidents donated THEIR own money?

unfortunately.... racism and homophobia are still strong in here. Hate Crime Law, anybody?

Yup, I agree with you, however we are better handling with racism and homophobia than many other countries, like Russia, China, India and many to list.

Considering there is no party divide concerning the Patriot Act, and this act alone helped deter further terrorist acts ... I am having trouble understanding how anyone would consider it an act of paranoia. I will admit, I do not "like" the Patriot Act, but I am mature enough to see why it is necessary. I do not put on my Chuck Taylor hi tops, and head out of the burbs to vandalize public property and protest it because it is "cool".

Freedom of speech here is controlled by the AD staff.

I don't criticize any President when discussing this topic. I strongly disagree with you using this topic to bring up any Presidents. I mean, Obama was not even close to the White House 11 years ago. Are you really that concerned with his opinion?

Jiro is entitled to his opinion, same as you. In this case, I do not agree with you.

No, you only criticize and bring up "W" in other threads! And yes I am very concerned about "O's" opinion! But I am done after just a few more posts to you & Jiro to go back to the subject. Sorry original poster to go so astray! I apologize but I didn't start it I just had to finish it in truth!:laugh2:

huh? I can't say my blessing in here? you are the one who did not like it and it's best if you keep it to yourself.

First of all - I've never said we should apologize. I've never tarnished nor disrespected our heroes. It's actually the opposite. These heroes died in unnecessary armed conflicts because of our arrogance and ignorance.... the politicians, you know. Did you miss the last sentence of my post?

I must have missed where you posted about the politicians???? Can you point that out where you said that???

What I'm saying is that we have been arrogant and ignorant with "my way or the highway" attitude toward other countries. Our government has made series of mistakes that led to tragedies such as Bay of Pigs, Fast and Furious Operation, Operation Cyclone, so on.

yes.

Yes Holder really did screw up in Fast & Furious didn't he! I don't know enough about the Bay of Pigs to comment as I was very young when that occurred.

Not by you, though. You were probably angered that the media persecution of this Democrat was moved from the front page by that annoying group of terrorists. Thanks for using your usual thread derailing tactics, yet again, to focus the spotlight on the bad manners of the Left. Hey, maybe it was Democrats that did the attacks to save face...

This is the kind of BC I am talking about! Why do you even bring it up at all????

That's how you see it but that's not how I see it - a veiled threat.

Sorry that you feel that way buddy! I would never do anything to intentionally harm you in any way! No threat intended in any way ever!

There are plenty of idiots that would shoot him because he's of Asian descent, if they could get away with it. Anyhow...

If that's so true then please tell me why we aren't seeing people who hate Asians in America shooting and killing them by the bunches!!??

Nope! It happens all the time by every president in modern history! GWB donated millions in aid to Africa to help prevent the spread of HIV and AIDS and to search for a cure.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled and original posted topic thread! So very sorry for the diversion!!! :popcorn::slap::cuddle:

I was at home asleep when it happened. My wife woke me up to watch it on live TV. I couldn't believe it at first. It was horrible and horrific! I was so saddened by what had just happened to our country. Since I was a police officer at an airport I got a call that day to report for duty that night. We went on 6 12 hour shifts each week. The National Guard joined us in patrolling the airport. No one was flying anywhere, it was sadly quiet. It was all so crazy. I will never forget! I also remember for a short time how we all came together as Americans united for a cause. There were no political party lines then and brotherly and neighborly love and help existed if even but for a short time. It was wonderful. Why does it take a tragedy like 9/11 to bring us all together for the common good of all our fellow countrymen?! God bless America again!

Back