250 Million Christians Will Be Persecuted in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Premium Member
Reaction score
Around 250 million Christians worldwide will face persecution in 2007, simply for following Jesus Christ, according to persecution watchdog Release International.

Daniel Blake
Correspondent

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007 Posted: 3:14: PM PST

LONDON – Around 250 million Christians worldwide will face persecution in 2007, simply for following Jesus Christ, according to persecution watchdog Release International. In particular the U.K.-based group found that persecution is growing the fastest in the Muslim world.

According to Release, most persecution takes place in four distinct "zones": those of Islam, Communism, Hinduism and Buddhism. But persecution is growing fastest of all in the Muslim world.

Governments in even moderate Muslim countries often fail to safeguard the rights of their Christian minorities, explained RI. Abuses suffered by Christians include kidnapping, forced conversion, imprisonment, church destruction, torture, rape and execution.

One of the world’s worst abusers of religious freedom is Saudi Arabia, guardian of Islam’s holiest sites – Mecca and Medina. Saudi Arabia forbids all other religions. A Muslim found "guilty" of converting to Christianity could face the death sentence for apostasy. And anyone who leads a Muslim to Christ faces jail, expulsion or execution.

"There’s a conspiracy of silence around Saudi," said Release International’s CEO Andy Dipper, "probably because the West wants their oil and their money. But this is a government that hands out the death sentence for its own citizens who want nothing more than the freedom to choose their own faith. And while Saudi bans all Christian literature, it spends billions of dollars each year propagating Islam around the world."

But some of the most violent persecution in the Muslim world is beyond government control. Since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, the world has been made dramatically aware of extremist Islamist global networks. Although the best known is Al Qaeda, there are others who exploit religious tensions for their own political ends, RI told U.K.-based Christian Today.

"A rising number of extremists interpret the call to jihad as a call to violence. They seem to regard it as their religious duty to force Christians and non-Muslims to convert to Islam. Those who refuse must be driven out or killed," said RI.

The persecution watchdog continued: "There is a growing movement to impose Islamic Sharia law, which results in increased pressure on Christians. In Nigeria, militants have driven Christians from their homes to remove political opposition and pave the way for Sharia law.

"Despite the spectacular collapse of communism in Europe, persecution of Christians continues in China, Cuba, Laos and Vietnam, while the dubious accolade of the world’s worst persecutor of Christians goes to North Korea."

Communist governments remain ideologically opposed to Christianity and have pursued systematic programs to weaken and destroy the church. Some persecution also continues under the "old guard" in the former Soviet Union, and China – for all its economic openness – continues to drive Christians underground.

"As China prepares for the Olympic Games, western governments would do well to remember that China detains more Christians than any other country," said Dipper. "Believers and leaders who want nothing more than to worship freely face imprisonment, torture and even death."

RI also explained to Christian Today that in the Hindu world Christians face persecution in India and Nepal. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), one of India’s largest political parties, is associated with militant Hindu nationalist groups. Extremists have been involved in a growing number of attacks against both Christians and Muslims.

Several Indian states have introduced laws against forced conversion, but these are wide open to abuse. Christians face most pressure in rural areas, where militants have destroyed churches and threatened, attacked and killed church leaders.

In the Buddhist world, Christians face persecution in Bhutan, Burma and Sri Lanka. Buddhist militants regard Christianity as a threat to their national identity and unity. They have stirred up harassment and violence against Christians in Bhutan and Sri Lanka.

Back in 1966, Burma expelled most of its Christian missions. Today, the repressive military regime still maintains controls over religious activity. There have been many cases of forced conversion to Buddhism as well as violence against Christians.

Through its partners in 30 countries, Release International supports Christians imprisoned for their faith and their families. Release supplies Bibles and Christian literature, gives medical aid and welfare, provides legal aid and sanctuary, and supports church workers.

http://english.gospelherald.com/article/missions/1581/11|17/250.million.christians.will.be.persecuted.in.2007/1.htm

Be sensible to discuss/debate within reasons. No bashin' please....

Uhm... Scary. I seriously hope that the world never comes down to this, it's one of the reasons why I'm not fond of religions. People take it far too seriously.

This is already happening as we speak, Look at the Voice of Martyrs website too.

My mind was trailing off when I typed that. I was thinking on terms of a full-scale hitler style execution of people simply because of their religious beliefs.

[shocked] I'm Christain... My parents are Christain... :ugh:

Too much of an "Aldoph Hitler"-style execution...

Two ... hundred ... and fifty million... :iough:

We have heard like this before even the world is getting worse with the Muslim is growing rapidly. Also, there is one new Congressman who is a Muslim himself was taking an oath with a borrowed Thomas Jefferson's Quran book. I can't remmy his name, but he is new to the Capitol area.

This morning, I had a bad dream that I was flying in the air when I saw an earth with a map of USA. I saw something strange when a huge snake-like shaped satan just kinda came out of ocean from Fla and jumped and slammed over entire USA with a very long long tail. I woke up with my heart beating real fast and was shocked about that myself.

What you had was a dream and in the Bible it says that the young will have dreams and the old will have visions or is it the another way around with young/old, dream/vision. I forgot the chapter and verse. I can't remember right now.

You know I am anti-christ and anti-semities.. I hope someday one RACIST leader put christians in camp like jews did... USA did put japs in camp.. I don't believe this warning message.. I knew this is big bull (deleted).. What the heck do you think that I would accpet Islam's guide and or support Muslim stuffs... I never WILL.. Because your warning message is not relate in old testment..

REMEMBER THAT NIMROD THE MIGHTY HUNTER WAS CAME OUT OF CUSH WAS LINEAGE FROM HAMITE NATION, NO ELSE.. NO ONE LIKE THIS..

the glorious land become NIMROD'S OWN.. in future events, land will become PERSON'S NAME AND OWN with mighty armies separate from the world.

EASTERN/ARAB/ MUSLIM ARE SEMITIES which I am strongly anti-SEMETICS period!

There will be the true various of groups as gangs, others who is anti-christs/ anti-semeties, they will be more racists to christians and toward semites like in days of nazi was "Young Egypt"..

I always will remember Nazi empire, because I really admire NAZI's idea..

What you had was a dream and in the Bible it says that the young will have dreams and the old will have visions or is it the another way around with young/old, dream/vision. I forgot the chapter and verse. I can't remember right now.
Joel 2 chapter 28 verse and Acts 2 chapter 17 verse... get those? ;)

You know I am anti-christ and anti-semities.. I hope someday one RACIST leader put christians in camp like jews did... USA did put japs in camp.. I don't believe this warning message.. I knew this is big bull (deleted).. What the heck do you think that I would accpet Islam's guide and or support Muslim stuffs... I never WILL.. Because your warning message is not relate in old testment..

REMEMBER THAT NIMROD THE MIGHTY HUNTER WAS CAME OUT OF CUSH WAS LINEAGE FROM HAMITE NATION, NO ELSE.. NO ONE LIKE THIS..

the glorious land become NIMROD'S OWN.. in future events, land will become PERSON'S NAME AND OWN with mighty armies separate from the world.

There will be the true various of groups as gangs, others who is anti-christs/ anti-semeties, they will be more racists to christians and toward semites like in days of nazi was "Young Egypt"..

:topic:

Yes, right I asked my friend I forgot Bible where verse. What I dreamed yesterday. I forgot me too!

Are you saying my post is totally off-topic?

I notice christian fans bring off-topics and flames in various threads that you christians who ruin their threads the most... that is facts! don't play haters..

Ahh interesting..Remember that I am not here to flame nor ruin around here in Cyberred's thread...You can't change my opinions and beliefs..

Yes, right I asked my friend I forgot Bible where verse. What I dreamed yesterday. I forgot me too!

Hi EagleCherokee63, I believe this is the verse.

Acts 2:17 (King James Version)

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Are you saying my post is totally off-topic?

I notice christian fans bring off-topics and flames in various threads that you christians who ruin their threads the most... that is facts! don't play haters..

Ahh interesting..Remember that I am not here to flame nor ruin around here in Cyberred's thread...You can't change my opinions and beliefs..

I knew you say before you are anti-Christian.. Then would not say this!

Oh boy...

That's why I don't get too involved with religion.

Some people take religion so seriously that they push it upon others.

My parents are always telling me how I must go to church to prove my faith and christianity. :roll:

Oh shit, I'm agnostic, that why.

:lol:

Uhm... Scary. I seriously hope that the world never comes down to this, it's one of the reasons why I'm not fond of religions. People take it far too seriously.

With that kind of scenario, yes it is scary. Well, we all have to expect somethin' like this will come down... because, of too many religions and they started goin' in war over which religion is right.

FYI, there's NO religion. Nada. It's really silly of people makin' up their own religions by namin' different names such as Methodist, Catholic, and all. When Jesus' parents ( Mary and Joseph ) were lookin' for Jesus at that time Jesus was 12 years old.... He was at the temple. After Mary and Joseph found Him, Jesus simply told them that He went to His Father's House. He just simply said " Father's House " - there was no such name to what church He went, because there was none. So, does that make Him a religious ? I think not.

This is already happening as we speak, Look at the Voice of Martyrs website too.

I subscribed Voice of Martyrs. Very interestin' to read. I also have 2 books called " Jesus Freaks ". It really touches my heart by how courage they were facin' their difficult times in another foreign countries. And, how they were willin' to die for Jesus Christ by takin' their own risk when ministerin'/sharin' God's Word with others. I've learned some things from them. :)

My mind was trailing off when I typed that. I was thinking on terms of a full-scale hitler style execution of people simply because of their religious beliefs.

Gestapo - I would say...in another word to describe it. I expect it will happen in the USA in the near future. FYI, I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back