2006 AD Caucus Announcement

DAng I wanna to to go but can't sobbing. Anyone plan on taking pictures??

*running around in circles, in panic*
2.gif

I GOT THE CONTRACT, I GOT THE CONTRACT!!

Now what do I do, what do I do???

Off with her head! Off with her head!

Down the hole I go, I'm late, I'm late, oh my!

DRINK FROM THIS BOTTLE...

EAT THIS SIDE OF THE MUSHROOM...

I GOT THE FRIGGING CONTRACT, I GOT THE FRIGGING CONTRACT!!!

*screaming*
1.gif

8.gif

Hey, Please I wanna know more info about dreamdeaf thing going on in St. Louis, MO on July 13th-whatever the date ended. Pls email me sunmoons74@yahoo.com, Hopefully, I'll make it since I only live 5 hours away from st.louis, but Gotta plan in advance due to money. THnaks

Hey DD, please breath in, breath out...don't panic and pass out!!! *rubbing ur back* u ok now? Here's nice warm chamomile tea sweetened with honey. You will be fine.

DreamDeaf said:
Greetings, earthlings...

This poor overworked unpaid servant has some nice tidbits to announce...

We are just about READY to sign the contract wtih Crowne Plaza for the AD Caucus!!!!

Now for this...

Rooms are $89.00 per night, King Size only...all double beds are gone. Still can squeeze in a few people on a King Size - I would think we could fit maybe FOUR of me on a King Size...heh heh.

As for the reception and banquet - we will be obligated to pay some towards the cost of the reception - I just need to figure out the amount of each person attending so we can keep the cost low...and the banquet is 35.95 per person...thats for the American Bounty Buffet - the menu would be:

Herb Rotini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Red Onion, Cucumber and Tomato Vinaigrette
Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons and Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Spicy Potato Salad
Fresh Field Greens Salad with Assorted Dressings

Entrees:
Sliced Roast Strip Siroloin Merlot with Demi-Glace
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Penne Primavera Pomodori

Parisian Potatoes
Wild and Long Grain Rice
Fresh Vegetable Bouquet

and desserts:
Chocolate Mousse Torte
Raspberry Torte
Double Chocolate Cake
Carrot Cake

Of course...you may want to go at least a dollar cheaper...

There is the Italian Buffet Dinner
... quite a few to list.

or the Tex-Mex Buffet.

The reception foods are up to 50 pieces and can go from 85.00 to 200 dollars, for cold hors d'oeuvres and for hot, from 55 to 175.00.

However, they do have specialty Hors d'oeuvres stations which are charged per person/per hour.

They are Pasta Station, $8.95; Santa Fe Fajita Bar, 10.95; and Shanghai Stir-Fry at 9.95.

They also have reception menus, per person, per hour.
Cold Display, 10.95; Hot Hors d'Oeuvres $15.95.

Its up to you all...

THere is something I REALLY, REALLY need to guarantee... I need to have 40 people come to this event, so we WILL NOT have to pay room rental for BOTH the reception AND the banquet...Otherwise I will end up PAYING for the rooms out of my pocket...and believe me, I will not appreciate that very much.

I need for you to PM me if you will come to the AD Caucus - and I DO REALLY mean it. If I do not have 40 people PM me within the next 15 days, I will be forced to add the room rental to the final cost of each person coming. I dont want posts in the AllDeaf thread, and I WILL NOT COUNT ANYONE THAT POSTS IN ANY ALL DEAF CAUCUS THREAD, PERIOD.

I want PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you PM me, please submit the number of people coming, their names and addresses; and day of arrival.

I will announce the number of people coming in a separate thread every day - and the count right now is 2.

The word "Caucus" does NOT seem to have anything to do with what you're describing:

"WordNet (r) 2.0"
caucus
n : a closed political meeting
v : meet to select a candidate or promote a policy

Why are you having a closed political meeting? Or are you just trying to promote policies and rules?

She picked " Caucus " because she likes that word, Are you coming ?

^Angel^ said:
She picked " Caucus " because she likes that word, Are you coming ?
Can't:
  1. I don't have money
  2. That's on my birthday, and I have plans
I just find the choice of word interesting because the word "caucus" means a political gathering, and what you're talking about looks too fun to be political. ;)

So.....

I am all about meeting some people.
How many people does it look like will show up?

gnulinuxman said:
The word "Caucus" does NOT seem to have anything to do with what you're describing:

Why are you having a closed political meeting? Or are you just trying to promote policies and rules?
Maybe she means "raucous" and doesn't want to scare the hotel people, disguising it as "caucus." :lol:

I would like to come! I live three hours from St. Louis. I haven't been very active on this board, but I would like to meet and make new deaf friends!

Snowman said:
Maybe she means "raucous" and doesn't want to scare the hotel people, disguising it as "caucus." :lol:

I would like to come! I live three hours from St. Louis. I haven't been very active on this board, but I would like to meet and make new deaf friends!

Snowman,

Why don't you directly Private message to DreamDeaf..let her know r u coming..
:)

Snowman,

Are you certain that you want to come? Because July is pretty hot, You'll be on fire, which meaning you'll melt. :giggle:

litepack said:
I am all about meeting some people.
How many people does it look like will show up?

You need to PM me in order to be counted. You would also be one of the first to get the information when it becomes available.

Snowman said:

Please PM me directly in order to be counted - you would also be one of the first to get the information when it becomes available.

Thanks

Wish I could make it. I can't, though - due to have a baby in the first week of July. LOL. I'll be there in spirit, though - hope everyone has a good time!

Snowman said:

:rofl:

Cheri said:
Snowman,

Are you certain that you want to come? Because July is pretty hot, You'll be on fire, which meaning you'll melt. :giggle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I reallllllyyyyy lovvveeee to go but I can't... I rather to save it for Angel & Roadrunner's wedding then I will meet you all... :ily:

Liebling:-))) said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I reallllllyyyyy lovvveeee to go but I can't... I rather to save it for Angel & Roadrunner's wedding then I will meet you all... :ily:
yea i will meet u at Angel & RR's wedding :D

Thanks Tweetybird for PMing me the link to this thread. I'd LOVE to come to the AD gathering, but am working at the time. :( Summer school and I need the extra money. Hope everyone has a lot of fun at the gathering! Take HEAPS of pictures as I'd LOVE to see em. ;)

Back