2006 AD Caucus Announcement

DreamDeaf

Reaction score
Greetings, earthlings...

This poor overworked unpaid servant has some nice tidbits to announce...

We are just about READY to sign the contract wtih Crowne Plaza for the AD Caucus!!!!

Now for this...

Rooms are $89.00 per night, King Size only...all double beds are gone. Still can squeeze in a few people on a King Size - I would think we could fit maybe FOUR of me on a King Size...heh heh.

As for the reception and banquet - we will be obligated to pay some towards the cost of the reception - I just need to figure out the amount of each person attending so we can keep the cost low...and the banquet is 35.95 per person...thats for the American Bounty Buffet - the menu would be:

Herb Rotini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Red Onion, Cucumber and Tomato Vinaigrette
Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons and Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Spicy Potato Salad
Fresh Field Greens Salad with Assorted Dressings

Entrees:
Sliced Roast Strip Siroloin Merlot with Demi-Glace
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Penne Primavera Pomodori

Parisian Potatoes
Wild and Long Grain Rice
Fresh Vegetable Bouquet

and desserts:
Chocolate Mousse Torte
Raspberry Torte
Double Chocolate Cake
Carrot Cake

Of course...you may want to go at least a dollar cheaper...

There is the Italian Buffet Dinner
... quite a few to list.

or the Tex-Mex Buffet.

The reception foods are up to 50 pieces and can go from 85.00 to 200 dollars, for cold hors d'oeuvres and for hot, from 55 to 175.00.

However, they do have specialty Hors d'oeuvres stations which are charged per person/per hour.

They are Pasta Station, $8.95; Santa Fe Fajita Bar, 10.95; and Shanghai Stir-Fry at 9.95.

They also have reception menus, per person, per hour.
Cold Display, 10.95; Hot Hors d'Oeuvres $15.95.

Its up to you all...

THere is something I REALLY, REALLY need to guarantee... I need to have 40 people come to this event, so we WILL NOT have to pay room rental for BOTH the reception AND the banquet...Otherwise I will end up PAYING for the rooms out of my pocket...and believe me, I will not appreciate that very much.

I need for you to PM me if you will come to the AD Caucus - and I DO REALLY mean it. If I do not have 40 people PM me within the next 15 days, I will be forced to add the room rental to the final cost of each person coming. I dont want posts in the AllDeaf thread, and I WILL NOT COUNT ANYONE THAT POSTS IN ANY ALL DEAF CAUCUS THREAD, PERIOD.

I want PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you PM me, please submit the number of people coming, their names and addresses; and day of arrival.

I will announce the number of people coming in a separate thread every day - and the count right now is 2.

*Done private messaged DreamDeaf* :D

$35.00 per person for American Bounty Buffet is alot compare to our Ribs buffet :giggle: Not that I'm complaining, That's kewl!

Do we have to pay up front ASAP, Or before July?

July 13-16, 2006 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in St. Louis, MO.

I will get registration forms from the hotel when the friggin contract is signed.

Pay before July - I have to pay the hotel before the Caucus is scheduled to begin.

My dear Cheri Tree, does your Ribs buffet include four different salads, three different meats, three veggies, four desserts?

heh heh....

Muwahies!

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamDeaf said:
My dear Cheri Tree, does your Ribs buffet include four different salads, three different meats, three veggies, four desserts?

heh heh....

Muwahies!

:Oops: :Oops: no

DreamDeaf said:
heh poor CheriTree... gotcha. This kind of buffet is pretty good for the price!!!!

Yep, I agree indeed it is a good price expectly with 3 different meats, You know meats are expensive when it comes to catering. ;)

wait a minute.. i'm a bit confused... when is the AD cancus?? I thought it was on a weekend of july 13th to 16th ? or its changed of plan to july 20th to 23rd?

OldNavyGirl said:
wait a minute.. i'm a bit confused... when is the AD cancus?? I thought it was on a weekend of july 13th to 16th ? or its changed of plan to july 20th to 23rd?

Thanks for pointing that out, Yes, it was supposed to be July 13 to 16 weekend.

[QUOTE-DreamDeaf]July 20-23, 2006 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in St. Louis, MO.[/QUOTE]

OldNavyGirl said:

*banging head on desk, slowly*
banghead.gif

Thanks ONG, for catching that BIG TIME ERROR on my part...

You're right, its for the weekend of July 13-16, 2006.

please note the CORRECTION of the date...it is for July 13-16, 2006. July 13-16, 2006. July 13-16, 2006.

*whacking myself over the head with a softball bat*
14.gif

I keep thinking about the following weekend...July 20-23, 2006...MAAD Softball Tournament!!! MY FIRST REAL VACATION OF THE SUMMMMMMMER!~

*grabs your bat away from you* :giggles: it's alright. I'm double checking :) thanks for the correction!! *meows*

DreamDeaf said:
*banging head on desk, slowly*
banghead.gif

Thanks ONG, for catching that BIG TIME ERROR on my part...

You're right, its for the weekend of July 13-16, 2006.

please note the CORRECTION of the date...it is for July 13-16, 2006. July 13-16, 2006. July 13-16, 2006.

*whacking myself over the head with a softball bat*
14.gif

I keep thinking about the following weekend...July 20-23, 2006...MAAD Softball Tournament!!! MY FIRST REAL VACATION OF THE SUMMMMMMMER!~

A gathering of AllDeaf members to meet, socialize and get to know one another in real life and have a blastin good time.

neecy said:
As a newbie here - just what IS the "AD Caucus"?

AD= Alldeaf Caucus

AllDeaf members are invited to get together on July 13th-16th that will be taken place in St. Louis, Missouri

Whoever wants to come, we will all get to meet each other in real life and hang out for the weekend.

For those who are coming to the caucus..

There will only be me, Tweetybirdie and Punkywolfy sharing a room. We'll be happy to have more people to share with us also and will save us $$$$ too. I see that there's only a king size bed so I thought that a few of us can bring air mattress and we can spread out and sleep on the floor.. some sleep on the bed.

Anybody interesting in doing that? PM me and let me know if you'd like to share with us. OR if you have any questions, PM me!

Rebelly, I have not heard from Tweetybird or Punkywolfie if they are coming to the AD Caucus...please tell them to PM me immediately.

Thanks

Let me clarify this -

I have already made an agreement with the hotel manager that I will bring in printed PMs with names and addresses to PROVE that 40 or more are coming to the AD Caucus in order to get FREE rental of the rooms for the reception and banquet - otherwise I will be stuck with a bill of about $500.00 to $1,000.00 for the room rental, because people could not be bothered to PM me directly with their information.

A private message only takes a couple minutes, it is not a hard thing to do.

I noticed a lot of names from Cheri's posting on a previous AD Caucus thread...I will c/p here.

Cheri said:
Those who are going are:

^Angel^ and Roadrunner ~ RESPONDED IN PM**
GalaxyAngel (but needed a ride) ~ RESPONDED IN PM**
Soonersseth
Mizzdeaf ~ RESPONDED IN PM**
CodaChild and one guest (Hubby)
SpiceHD
Cheri ~ RESPONDED IN PM**
Diehardbiker65
RebelGirl and one guest (Hubby or friend) ~ RESPONDED IN PM**
Simpleman
LovelyBlkGal
mlkshkgrl and one guest
Dennis
Alex
Tweetybird
Sweetheart (need ride)
Fei Ku (need ride)
Peachlady (Plus Husband, Dave)
Mama2AFTIV

Those who have not decided yet are:

SherryCherish
Luckysmile23
VamPryoX
tegumi
Pomeranian
DeafSCUBA98
ScubaladyTx
OldNavyGirl
flyfishfemme
darkangel8603
Piper
apathrev
ButterFlyGirl
sequoias

Those who have not posted yet, please do so. And make sure you add how many guests that you are planning on bringing. Thank-you!

Here we could have had about 20 by now ...

Back