2 firefighters shot, killed while battling NY blaze

huh? accessory to murder? no. it would be an accessory to murder if she knows about it and willfully participates in it.

she broke federal law by doing it for another person.
OK, thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

OK, thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

looks like she's facing.... 1 federal charge and 1 state charge

Dawn Nguyen charged in connection with Webster, NY, firefighter murder | abc7chicago.com
Dawn Nguyen of Rochester faces a federal charge of knowingly making a false statement, U.S. Attorney William Hochul said. She also was charged with a state count of filing a falsified business record, State Police Senior Investigator James Newell said.
Dawn Nguyen of Rochester faces a federal charge of knowingly making a false statement, U.S. Attorney William Hochul said. She also was charged with a state count of filing a falsified business record, State Police Senior Investigator James Newell said.

you know what? it would be great if DA can make "accessory to murder" charge fit.

you know what? it would be great if DA can make "accessory to murder" charge fit.
Suppose if she knew about the murder, I doubt that she will admit it.

She could be charged as an accessory to murder for lesser sentence since two firefighters died because of her. If she hadn't done that, the incident would not happen. Right? So wait and see.

Suppose if she knew about the murder, I doubt that she will admit it.

She could be charged as an accessory to murder for lesser sentence since two firefighters died because of her. If she hadn't done that, the incident would not happen. Right? So wait and see.

it's ok. Her federal charge carries a maximum penalty of ten years imprisonment, a fine of $250,000 or both.

Accessory to Murder is probably up to three years.

Gunman's neighbor arrested in connection with firefighter ambush - CNN.com

Oh, she's young and pretty. Is Nguyen a Vietnamese name, even though she came from Greece? (There are several Vietnamese people with the same last name at my workplace) Maybe she's half Vietnamese and half Greek. I believe that she did it for money. BTW, that's how they found out originally.

"It is absolutely against federal law to lie relating to the acquisition of firearms," said Hochul, who said Spengler indicated in a suicide note that he had gotten the weapons from the neighbor.

Greece, NY: not from different country, its name of a town in NY which is not far from my home. Town of Greece town line is about 250 feet north from my house. Meaning, I can walk up to cross Greece, NY.

No she won't be charged as accessory, I am somewhat not happy to hear that the penalty is lenient. She knew better than this!

How found out? Camera shows she is with that scumbag at Gander mountains (Sporting goods store) in Henrietta, NY not far from RIT/NTID and probably the first case they used the firearm registry to catch exact what had happened. She was the one that fills out the form, for background check while scumbag watches her. That way, the scumbag can get around the ban because he was not allowed to have guns anyway.

Greece, NY: not from different country, Town of Greece town line is about 250 feet north from my house. Meaning, I can walk up to cross Greece, NY.

No she won't be charged as accessory, I am somewhat not happy to hear that the penalty is lenient. She knew better than this!

How found out? Camera shows she is with that scumbag at Gander mountains (Sporting goods store) in Henrietta, NY not far from RIT/NTID and probably the first case they used the firearm registry to catch exact what had happened.
Oh, that's a strange name for a city. Many Greek people live there? :lol:

WOW, they saved the video from 2010, the year she purchased the weapons. Now that's a hard evidence.

LOL no. Town of Greece wants to incorporate to city of Greece, NYS government kept turning down (avoid increase subsides like mass transportation, etc). Greece is rather a huge town.

And you see, maybe he was planning for mass murder since 2010, most criminals have patience and find right spot and time for opportunity. If ban were stricter, it will not stop him from shooting victims.

WOW, they saved the video from 2010, the year she purchased the weapons. Now that's a hard evidence.

Greece, NY: not from different country, its name of a town in NY which is not far from my home. Town of Greece town line is about 250 feet north from my house. Meaning, I can walk up to cross Greece, NY.

How found out? Camera shows she is with that scumbag at Gander mountains (Sporting goods store) in Henrietta, NY not far from RIT/NTID and probably the first case they used the firearm registry to catch exact what had happened. She was the one that fills out the form, for background check while scumbag watches her. That way, the scumbag can get around the ban because he was not allowed to have guns anyway.

oh my god really? I was at that same store. I wonder what was she thinking when she did this.

I know right? 2 years old video??? that will definitely scare people and I can imagine this would be a picnic day for privacy advocates

I really don't know, I personally will never do that because I know I can be responsible for the action if I sell firearms to somebody else especially ex felon. She can be civil responsible and can be sued for wrongful case, very easy case! When she comes out of jail, she is going to have to pay for damages. Since she is woman, and probably Vietnamese, I am not sure if she is aware that she broke the law which would easily land her on Felony record and charges.

oh my god really? I was at that same store. I wonder what was she thinking when she did this.

I am glad they got video! Guess they already know I bought some ammos there, LOL

I know right? 2 years old video??? that will definitely scare people and I can imagine this would be a picnic day for privacy advocates

LOL no. Town of Greece wants to incorporate to city of Greece, NYS government kept turning down (avoid increase subsides like mass transportation, etc). Greece is rather a huge town.
If that town looks Greek, then we don't have to visit real Greece and save money. :lol:

I really don't know, I personally will never do that because I know I can be responsible for the action if I sell firearms to somebody else especially ex felon. She can be civil responsible and can be sued for wrongful case, very easy case! When she comes out of jail, she is going to have to pay for damages. Since she is woman, and probably Vietnamese, I am not sure if she is aware that she broke the law which would easily land her on Felony record and charges.
Yeah, she could probably be sued by victims' families for wrongful death but she is not rich.

Just read in the news about neighbor who helped ex con getting their weapon illegally, said possible third weapon charges. I was hoping that there will be total of three charges, she could face up to 30 years in jail and I heart-fully for these victims that she gets 30 years serving justice! 10 years for each count of falsified documentation. And make sure she is always broke until she dies, hell she deserves this!

Wirelessly posted

What sad news over the period of celebration, This is shameful, firefighters have to brave the most extreme and dangerous of working environments, I can't believe people, if you can call them that, have notion to want to intentionley kill and maim the men and woman who are there to save our lives, gun laws are so important and must hold stern sentences to make people think twice before carrying a weapon, even here in the UK we have some pretty nasty characters who think they are above the law and cause families so muc h harm. God bless the firefighters and their family who lost their lives, my heart goes out to you. We are all thinking of you. I,d love to Make the sentences for possessing a gun illegally longer, send them to hell,"put them in a Thai Prison environment they wouldn,t last two minutes" chuck the key away, that applies to the people who sold them the weapon as well. Take care everyone. Kev

Wirelessly posted

What sad news over the period of celebration, This is shameful, firefighters have to brave the most extreme and dangerous of working environments, I can't believe people, if you can call them that, have notion to want to intentionley kill and maim the men and woman who are there to save our lives, gun laws are so important and must hold stern sentences to make people think twice before carrying a weapon, even here in the UK we have some pretty nasty characters who think they are above the law and cause families so muc h harm. God bless the firefighters and their family who lost their lives, my heart goes out to you. We are all thinking of you. I,d love to Make the sentences for possessing a gun illegally longer, send them to hell,"put them in a Thai Prison environment they wouldn,t last two minutes" chuck the key away, that applies to the people who sold them the weapon as well. Take care everyone. Kev

well said.....you have to wonder what sort of creatures do this and do it it to two men who dedicate lives to save others
we got alot of creatures like that in uk kevin unfortunatly

Webster, N.Y. – The cold did not stop thousands of people from waiting in long lines to attend calling hours for Mike Chiapperini and Tomacz Kaczowka.

From noon to three Saturday, first responders from across the country paid their respects to the West Webster firefighters gunned down on Christmas Eve.

At least four-thousand people have made their way to Webster Schroeder High School over the last two days.

“I was not expecting this many people to come here,” said Rachel Luconte, a resident of Webster who stood in line at the calling hours, “I think it's great.”

“I wasn't expecting it either,” said Brittany Boulter, also a Webster resident waiting in line. “There's a lot more people then I thought there were going to be.”

Busloads of people pressed through the winter weather to pay their respects to the fallen.

“It's really part of the healing process for everybody,” said Mike McTighe, a firefighter from Maryland who drove to Webster with his brother, who are staying at the Super 8 in Webster.

To the brothers’ surprise while they reached out to the community, Webster gave back to them. Their hotel rooms and meals were donated.

“This is the first time I've seen community support like this,” said McTighe. "I really commend everybody.”

Out of town firefighters are staying at hotels throughout Webster in rooms that were donated to them by anonymous people.

Thousands Pay Respects At Calling Hours - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

Wow over 4,000 pay respect these two fallen firemen! Even when temperature was below 20 degrees.

Hi Caz, yeah I know. Just don't know how people can act like that, just so hard on the families involved who have lost their Son or Daughter. No-one has the right to take another life and get away with it, unfortunatly some do get away with it. :-( , you have a brilliant New Year Caz, all the best to you and your family for 2013. It would be nice to stay in-touch. Can I make you the 1st contact on my friends list ? ;-) take care. Kev

Back