2 firefighters shot, killed while battling NY blaze

Here is an update, YES! She is definitely an accessory to murder. She KNEW that he murdered his own grandma before being a straw buyer for him.

Text messages link woman to guns - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Local News

If found guilty, I don't think she will have the taste of freedom ever again.

huh? accessory to murder? no. it would be an accessory to murder if she knows about it and willfully participates in it.

she broke federal law by doing it for another person.

Updates, the Jury found her guilty already, and sentence will be hand down next month I think. But what pissed me off is that there is no evidence of her knowledge would-be murderer's intention of acquiring assault firearm. The charge was very simple, damn it! "Falsified documentation" which is both State and Federal law, she will be facing only up to 4 years. Don't know if Federal will continue try her again for same crime which puts her in double jeopardy which is also illegal. I will have more details when new news comes in.

I am kinda of pissed off about this, but the problem as I seen written in the law, she was already prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, which in other words the law allows maximum sentencing for the crime as law "sees" it. I think 30 years is more appropriate because this will send message to anyone who knowingly sells firearms to those who have murdered somebody in the past; a loud message.

Updates, the Jury found her guilty already, and sentence will be hand down next month I think. But what pissed me off is that there is no evidence of her knowledge would-be murderer's intention of acquiring assault firearm. The charge was very simple, damn it! "Falsified documentation" which is both State and Federal law, she will be facing only up to 4 years. Don't know if Federal will continue try her again for same crime which puts her in double jeopardy which is also illegal. I will have more details when new news comes in.

I am kinda of pissed off about this, but the problem as I seen written in the law, she was already prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, which in other words the law allows maximum sentencing for the crime as law "sees" it. I think 30 years is more appropriate because this will send message to anyone who knowingly sells firearms to those who have murdered somebody in the past; a loud message.
Did you say that she was aware that he was imprisoned for murdering his grandmother when she illegally purchased guns for him? If so, do you have the fact? If not, shut up. You are not a lawyer. :lol:

Check previous post (#150) I posted about text messaging. Yes, she KNEW that this guy killed his own grandma.

The issue I was pissed off is that Nguyen didn't know he was planning do the killing later the evening, but she knew that this same guy killed his own grandma which means it is illegal to sell somebody that the seller KNEW the buyer is an ex-felon. Its been on law book for years. But the problem is, the maximum sentence for doing as a straw buyer is 4 years, I wish it would be 30 years, and wish it would be automatically an accessory to whatever crime is, but it does not work that way. Buy and sell to known ex felon is called "Straw buyer" and that is illegal. The punishment is really minimal back then. Not anymore.

I personally will NEVER want sell my firearms to one that I knew was in jail and label as ex-felon, why? Because it is the law, period.

Tone down will ya. You forgot this is my local and my local news are flying around here, not your hometown.

Did you say that she was aware that he was imprisoned for murdering his grandmother when she illegally purchased guns for him? If so, do you have the fact? If not, shut up. You are not a lawyer. :lol:

Check previous post (#150) I posted about text messaging. Yes, she KNEW that this guy killed his own grandma.

The issue I was pissed off is that Nguyen didn't know he was planning do the killing later the evening, but she knew that this same guy killed his own grandma which means it is illegal to sell somebody that the seller KNEW the buyer is an ex-felon. Its been on law book for years. But the problem is, the maximum sentence for doing as a straw buyer is 4 years, I wish it would be 30 years, and wish it would be automatically an accessory to whatever crime is, but it does not work that way. Buy and sell to known ex felon is called "Straw buyer" and that is illegal. The punishment is really minimal back then. Not anymore.

I personally will NEVER want sell my firearms to one that I knew was in jail and label as ex-felon, why? Because it is the law, period.

Tone down will ya. You forgot this is my local and my local news are flying around here, not your hometown.
No, the texting doesn't indicate that she knew about his 1980 murder.

Rochester, N.Y. – Text messages took center stage Thursday in the continuing proceedings of the trial of Dawn Nguyen, who, according to prosecutors, bought the guns William Spengler used in the Christmas Eve ambush that killed Spengler’s sister and two West Webster firefighters.

Vincent Petralis, a deputy at the Monroe County Jail, received multiple text messages from Nguyen after the Christmas Eve ambush.

Below are excerpts of that conversation:

Nguyen: “They located a shooter find out who”

Petralis: “I’m trying”

Nguyen: “the shooter is dead…he was my neighbor so crazy”

Prosecutors said that other texts link Nguyen to the shooter and his weapons.

Nguyen: “the guns that were purchased to kill those people were by me.”

Petralis: “you sold him the guns?”

Nguyen: “NO, LOL”

Petralis: “don’t text me anymore, call me”

Nguyen is not accused of selling the guns. Police said she falsified documents to purchase the guns using money given to her by Spengler, who was a convicted felon.

After he asked her to stop the texts, Petralis testified that Nguyen later called him on the job at the jail.

“I thought maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding,” Petralis testified. “I asked her how many guns, she said two. I asked her where, she said Gander Mountain, approximately two years ago.”

Why attacking me?

Text messages reveal what Nguyen knew - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

Updated: Wednesday, April 9 2014, 07:00 PM EDT Rochester, N.Y. – After news reports of a fatal ambush on December 24, prosecutors say Dawn Nguyen had a text message exchange with friend and fellow poker player, Scott Szatkowski. Szatkowski reached out to her and she responded: “I understand. I’ve been doing bad also…we were really close to the killer. He was at my house three weeks ago.” “Did you know anything of why he shot his grandmother before? Did you think he could kill again?” Szatkowski said in a text message to Nguyen. “He can’t kill again because he’s dead, but yes, we knew he was going to kill his sister,” Nguyen said in a text message. Nguyen is not charged with the Christmas Eve ambush that killed two firefighters and injured two others. Prosecutors say the texts exchanged between Nguyen and Szatkowski show that she knew the shooter well, William Spengler, and that he had a felony record. Prosecutors say Spangler paid Nguyen to purchase the guns he used in the deadly attack. Judge Tom Moran ruled that three other text messages were not relevant and the jury would not be allowed to hear them.

Read More at: Text messages reveal what Nguyen knew - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

She KNEW it! I didn't make up!

Now here is another twist, thanks to stupid New York State law, Federal DOJ may or may not take her case due to "Double jeopardy law" meaning one can not be tried twice for same crime. I wish NYS were smart enough to save their money, refer to Federal and make Federal government pay for prison for that bitch!

New twist in Dawn Nguyen case - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

text size New twist in Dawn Nguyen case Updated: Friday, May 23 2014, 06:46 PM EDT ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- No plea agreement was reached and proceedings were adjourned for 10 days in federal court Friday for Dawn Nguyen, the woman convicted at the state level of supplying the firearms used to fatally shoot two West Webster firefighters on Christmas Eve in 2012. The delay stems from an internal policy known as the “Petite Policy” of the Department of Justice that establishes guidelines for determining whether or not to bring a federal case against someone charged with the same acts in a prior state proceeding. Nguyen was sentenced Monday in State Supreme Court to 16 months to four years in state prison for lying on a form to buy the shotgun and semiautomatic rifle that were used to kill firefighters Tomasz Kaczowka and Michael Chiapperini. The federal complaint, filed just four days after the 2012 ambush, alleges that Nguyen falsified information on a federal form and provided guns to a convicted felon. Just minutes before entering the federal courtroom Friday, Nguyen’s attorney John Parrinello sent an email to federal prosecutors and Judge David Larimer that expressed concern that the federal and state charges against his client were too similar. He said the state’s conviction should satisfy all interest the federal government should have in prosecuting Nguyen, in accordance with their own internal policy. “The issue was: at the time of the purchase of the gun, when she answered the question, whether or not she answered it falsely. That’s been resolved; and that’s the mainstay of the federal indictment,” Parrinello said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Noto, the federal prosecutor handling the case, said her office is complying with the petite policy with the support of an assistant U.S. attorney general. Noto said the government does have an interest in convicting Nguyen on federal charges because it was a federal form Nguyen lied on. “We’re very disappointed today that the case was not resolved. The victims in this case deserve closure of this last piece,” Noto said. “I’m disappointed about the suggestion that there isn’t a strong federal interest here.” Neither side agreed on the terms of a plea deal. The plea agreement would have allowed Nguyen to plead guilty to all three counts of the indictment, while reserving the right of both sides to argue for the sentence they felt was most fair. But, the defense also sought to retain Nguyen’s right to withdraw her plea if the judge decided to impose a sentence that would run consecutively to her state sentence rather than concurrent to it—a condition to which the prosecution would not concede. A plea is expected to be reached after discussions about the petite policy and any additional issues are resolved.

Read More at: New twist in Dawn Nguyen case - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

Why attacking me?

Text messages reveal what Nguyen knew - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

Updated: Wednesday, April 9 2014, 07:00 PM EDT Rochester, N.Y. – After news reports of a fatal ambush on December 24, prosecutors say Dawn Nguyen had a text message exchange with friend and fellow poker player, Scott Szatkowski. Szatkowski reached out to her and she responded: “I understand. I’ve been doing bad also…we were really close to the killer. He was at my house three weeks ago.” “Did you know anything of why he shot his grandmother before? Did you think he could kill again?” Szatkowski said in a text message to Nguyen. “He can’t kill again because he’s dead, but yes, we knew he was going to kill his sister,” Nguyen said in a text message. Nguyen is not charged with the Christmas Eve ambush that killed two firefighters and injured two others. Prosecutors say the texts exchanged between Nguyen and Szatkowski show that she knew the shooter well, William Spengler, and that he had a felony record. Prosecutors say Spangler paid Nguyen to purchase the guns he used in the deadly attack. Judge Tom Moran ruled that three other text messages were not relevant and the jury would not be allowed to hear them.

Read More at: Text messages reveal what Nguyen knew - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

She KNEW it! I didn't make up!

Now here is another twist, thanks to stupid New York State law, Federal DOJ may or may not take her case due to "Double jeopardy law" meaning one can not be tried twice for same crime. I wish NYS were smart enough to save their money, refer to Federal and make Federal government pay for prison for that bitch!

New twist in Dawn Nguyen case - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

text size New twist in Dawn Nguyen case Updated: Friday, May 23 2014, 06:46 PM EDT ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- No plea agreement was reached and proceedings were adjourned for 10 days in federal court Friday for Dawn Nguyen, the woman convicted at the state level of supplying the firearms used to fatally shoot two West Webster firefighters on Christmas Eve in 2012. The delay stems from an internal policy known as the “Petite Policy” of the Department of Justice that establishes guidelines for determining whether or not to bring a federal case against someone charged with the same acts in a prior state proceeding. Nguyen was sentenced Monday in State Supreme Court to 16 months to four years in state prison for lying on a form to buy the shotgun and semiautomatic rifle that were used to kill firefighters Tomasz Kaczowka and Michael Chiapperini. The federal complaint, filed just four days after the 2012 ambush, alleges that Nguyen falsified information on a federal form and provided guns to a convicted felon. Just minutes before entering the federal courtroom Friday, Nguyen’s attorney John Parrinello sent an email to federal prosecutors and Judge David Larimer that expressed concern that the federal and state charges against his client were too similar. He said the state’s conviction should satisfy all interest the federal government should have in prosecuting Nguyen, in accordance with their own internal policy. “The issue was: at the time of the purchase of the gun, when she answered the question, whether or not she answered it falsely. That’s been resolved; and that’s the mainstay of the federal indictment,” Parrinello said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Noto, the federal prosecutor handling the case, said her office is complying with the petite policy with the support of an assistant U.S. attorney general. Noto said the government does have an interest in convicting Nguyen on federal charges because it was a federal form Nguyen lied on. “We’re very disappointed today that the case was not resolved. The victims in this case deserve closure of this last piece,” Noto said. “I’m disappointed about the suggestion that there isn’t a strong federal interest here.” Neither side agreed on the terms of a plea deal. The plea agreement would have allowed Nguyen to plead guilty to all three counts of the indictment, while reserving the right of both sides to argue for the sentence they felt was most fair. But, the defense also sought to retain Nguyen’s right to withdraw her plea if the judge decided to impose a sentence that would run consecutively to her state sentence rather than concurrent to it—a condition to which the prosecution would not concede. A plea is expected to be reached after discussions about the petite policy and any additional issues are resolved.

Read More at: New twist in Dawn Nguyen case - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Featured

I said nothing in THERE said such thing. and now they just found out.

Back