‘Whites only' basketball league announced

True...maybe it was how they phrased their criteria that got a lot of people ofeended?

Could be. I click on the link provided. It took me to todays news and not to the article itself.

I almost commented before I read the link. Glad I read the the link. This will never work because it is a Professional league. If this was a rec league then no big deal. Happens all the time. But being a professional league it would be almost impossible to do it legally,

Then how would one phrase it differently to reflect a needed criteria if the below isn't "acceptable"? I think it was phrased as benignly as possible there.

ok

Which is why I prefer a copied and pasted quoted article with the link!

LOL. Royale!

I almost commented before I read the link. Glad I read the the link. This will never work because it is a Professional league. If this was a rec league then no big deal. Happens all the time. But being a professional league it would be almost impossible to do it legally,

If they are objecting to a legal aspect of it then that's one thing. Otherwise, it's just their PC going nutty.

There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," Lewis told the paper. "I don't hate anyone of color."

Lewis pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' suspension for bringing a gun into the Washington Wizards locker room, and said, "Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?"

As for how they want to form their ouw league, they are entitled to the criteria they set but I am bothered by this statement. It seems stereotypical of black people..

There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," Lewis told the paper. "I don't hate anyone of color."

Lewis pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' suspension for bringing a gun into the Washington Wizards locker room, and said, "Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?"

As for how they want to form their ouw league, they are entitled to the criteria they set but I am bothered by this statement. It seems stereotypical of black people..

How is it stereotypical? Would you object if there is an "Ivory" magazine that is dedicated to everything Caucasian?

Isn't this admitting that white people suck at basketball? Our pro team has the great, huge Asian player. So much for stereotypes!

Ten bucks says Lewis is so right wing he would sympathize with the type of people who post on Stormfront.
Ever notice that a lot of the white boys who complain and bitch about "black folks" behavoir are white trash types? Lots of white dudes do the stuff that Lewis condemns.

How is it stereotypical? Would you object if there is an "Ivory" magazine that is dedicated to everything Caucasian?

What does that have to do with my post? *smh*

Well, white folks can always rule the world of Chess. :eek3:
The "Ivory" magazine was a good laugh. "Hey, anyone want to start an all-white magazine?" Go ahead. I doubt there is much demand. If there was, there would be someone trying to make money there. Ebony and Jet have never prevented whites from being in the magazine. It is themed for blacks. Just as whites are not in bunches in Ebony, there are no detailed engine specs in People magazine. Make sense?

Ten bucks says Lewis is so right wing he would sympathize with the type of people who post on Stormfront.
Ever notice that a lot of the white boys who complain and bitch about "black folks" behavoir are white trash types? Lots of white dudes do the stuff that Lewis condemns.

Why bring in politics. Many consider me "right wing" yet I am as far from racist as you can get. I play softball on a team that is all black except me. I have even been named to the black all world team.....twice. (they allow two token whities each year:lol:). 4 of the black guys on my team can't stand Obama. It's time to end the whole politics and race stereotype. It's not fair to anyone.

Seriously, I fail to see what is the whole point of this all white basketball team.

What's so special about being white thou it is nothing more than just skin color?

Txgolfer, I know right wing doesn't always mean racist. I meant EXTREME right wing. Meaning the folks who even moderate right wingers think are a bit nuts.
It is themed for blacks. Just as whites are not in bunches in Ebony, there are no detailed engine specs in People magazine. Make sense?
Yes, it's not a seperatist magazine. Rather it goes into more detail about black culture then would a mainstream mag. It's like how a Deaf person might be mentioned in a hearing magazine, but the hearing magazine wouldn't regualarly cover Deaf stuff.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?"

Is he implying that black people flip each other off and attack each other and grab their crotches? Oh, I get it. Some NBA player came in with a gun so the problem can be solved by making the team white-only.

No, not racist at all. :roll:

According to the Chronicle, Lewis said he wants to emphasize "fundamental basketball" instead of "street ball" played by "people of color."

That's not racist at all either. :roll:

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," Lewis told the paper. "I don't hate anyone of color."

No, you just think their basketball is sub-standard.

Is he implying that black people flip each other off and attack each other and grab their crotches? Oh, I get it. Some NBA player came in with a gun so the problem can be solved by making the team white-only.

No, not racist at all. :roll:

That's not racist at all either. :roll:

No, you just think their basketball is sub-standard.

That was what I pointed out in the bold and Kokonut asked me what was so stereotypical of it and then said something about a magazine. Completely missed the point.

What you said was the point I was making when I bolded those comments.

"Ebony" doesn't bar out other races.

EbonyJet.com is a new daily online magazine from Johnson Publishing Company featuring commentary, perspective and analysis on politics, culture and the arts. Our goals is to provide a unique and engaging forum to explore the impact of the world on African Americans and the impact of African Americans on the world.
Source

"Exploring the impact of African Americans on the world" and "the impact of the world on African Americans" is quite different from barring out potential basketball players based on ethnicity/skin color.

I still think it's a hoax... or came from The Onion.

The Onion Boulder Office Location:
800px-Office_of_The_Onion_on_The_Hill_in_Boulder_Colorado.JPG

Back