‘Whites only' basketball league announced

So, what is this? A Nazi style NBA?

sure sure I sense a lawsuit coming... :whistle:

What's wrong with it? There's blacks only leagues for all sort of sports, why cant whites have their own league?

because...obviously it looks twice as bad. they say its an all american basketball game but...since when does all american mean you must be all white? :roll:

Even there was a black Captain America and I don't see no one complaining about it.

because...obviously it looks twice as bad. they say its an all american basketball game but...since when does all american mean you must be all white? :roll:

Think a little more about what PFH is saying.....wanna form a magazine and publish a magazine side by side with Ebony, for example? :P

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.89 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Well they have an all womens league. And an all mens league.

:shrug:

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.89 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Well they have an all womens league. And an all mens league.

:shrug:

Yea and they allowed both black and white in the game so fair enough. we all men and women, no matter the race anyway...

People of color have been historically barred from sports groups, people of color have a long history of being discriminated against in the U.S.. There's baggage there. Forming an all-white team is not at all the same as forming an all-black team, because in the latter case it's an attempt to empower the minority. And if the double standard bothers you, well then, blame history.

Yea and they allowed both black and white in the game so fair enough. we all men and women, no matter the race anyway...

I understand that but it still falls in the catagory of discrimination.

So I feel each group of people should be able to form their own leagues

We have deaf Leagues of all sorts.

It is only Taboo if the white forms their own group.

But other groups can be formed and not be considered a bad thing.

Think a little more about what PFH is saying.....wanna form a magazine and publish a magazine side by side with Ebony, for example? :P

Exactly. Call the magazine, "Ivory." Why is there a double standard here under the name of political correctness?

People of color have been historically barred from sports groups, people of color have a long history of being discriminated against in the U.S.. There's baggage there. Forming an all-white team is not at all the same as forming an all-black team, because in the latter case it's an attempt to empower the minority. And if the double standard bothers you, well then, blame history.

People need to learn to drop some baggage then and get past it rather than resort to political correctness and double standards.

Exactly. Call the magazine, "Ivory." Why is there a double standard here under the name of political correctness?

Right, this is a sticky area and I was treading lightly, trying to allow room for SteelX to expand his thinking. If not, I'm not gonna push. But you're right.

It is only Taboo if the white forms their own group.

But other groups can be formed and not be considered a bad thing.

True...maybe it was how they phrased their criteria that got a lot of people ofeended?

Then how would one phrase it differently to reflect a needed criteria if the below isn't "acceptable"? I think it was phrased as benignly as possible there.

only players that are natural-born United State citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league

Back