you plans get HDTV somedays you have give me tips for brand of HDTV?

Sara, let you know that 720p is not a true HDTV. If you don't care and then that's cool.

approve from darkages!! HDTV really good pictures and quality whether brand im not joking im trust darkages..

approve from darkages!! HDTV really good pictures and quality whether brand im not joking im trust darkages..

720p isn't FULL HD.

1080p is FULL HD since 720p is half HD.

720p isn't FULL HD.

Both are still FULL HD. It is just a matter of resolution difference. 720p has about a million pixels... 1080p has twice of that.

In practice, depending on watching conditions, there is not much difference unless you are sharply watching for flaws (which I doubt that is your priority all the time). The price is important too. More important is the content on the HDTV - if you don't have HD programming, you are not taking full advantage of the HDTV.

oh really you can look sales HDTV or another?

No, I do not plan to buy other one. We have 4 HDTV. That's enough.

Our last one regular TV is 20 years old in my son's bedroom. This old TV is half dead. Sometime work or not. We do not plan to replace our old TV. My twin sons are college students.

If, one of our HDTV dead then I will buy Plasma or better tech HDTV. I would not buy LCD unless they make improving and better tech.

Sara, let you know that 720p is not a true HDTV. If you don't care and then that's cool.

Very wrong information!

720p isn't FULL HD.

That's not correct information.

Both are still FULL HD. It is just a matter of resolution difference. 720p has about a million pixels... 1080p has twice of that.

In practice, depending on watching conditions, there is not much difference unless you are sharply watching for flaws (which I doubt that is your priority all the time). The price is important too. More important is the content on the HDTV - if you don't have HD programming, you are not taking full advantage of the HDTV.

That's correct one.... Excellent explain.
I agree firetop

Our first wide screen was EDTV "fake 720p". In approx 7 years ago, they sell EDTV for lower price better than HDTV. I can't tell different between 480, 720 and 1080i or 1080p when we seat about 8 feet away from TV. No different between 480 or 720 or 1080.

I think they stop make EDTV in 5 years ago. That's time, they started market LCD HDTV.

Our first EDTV got problem then free exchange better one, I got 37" Panasonic Plasma. It was under warranty from Circuit City.

No, 1080p is FULL HD, not 720p.
What is full HDTV? Definition from WhatIs.com - see also: ultra HDTV, ultra-HD, true HDTV, 1080p, ultra HD

1080p is best for larger HDTV and 720p is best for smaller HDTV.

Very wrong information!

That's not correct information.

That's correct one.... Excellent explain.
I agree firetop

Our first wide screen was EDTV "fake 720p". In approx 7 years ago, they sell EDTV for lower price better than HDTV. I can't tell different between 480, 720 and 1080i or 1080p when we seat about 8 feet away from TV. No different between 480 or 720 or 1080.

I think they stop make EDTV in 5 years ago. That's time, they started market LCD HDTV.

Our first EDTV got problem then free exchange better one, I got 37" Panasonic Plasma. It was under warranty from Circuit City.

No, check out my post above, my relative own 1080p HDTV.

i have agreed with darkage's comment about HDTV he master HDTV but you cant judge me on comment!! PEROID

dont matter if you have owner HDTV but panasonic hdtv really good size for my room but will put on wall very soon in weeks..

i have agreed with darkage's comment about HDTV he master HDTV but you cant judge me on comment!! PEROID

dont matter if you have owner HDTV but panasonic hdtv really good size for my room but will put on wall very soon in weeks..

This website tell you a fact.
What is full HDTV? Definition from WhatIs.com - see also: ultra HDTV, ultra-HD, true HDTV, 1080p, ultra HD

Defmatrixense said if you don't care about Full HD so that's cool and no need get mad at us.

darkage's post aren't always accurate, seriously.

Foxrac is right because a dealer told me about the difference between 720p and 1080p as you said above the posts. It doesn't mean that 720p is bad. Some day companies might stop making the 720p which is hard for somebody to sell their 720p HDTV.

For a plasma TV, it cost about $1,000 to replace a new one light bulb when the bulb dies.

I saw a big Vizio HDTV that has LED with LCD at Costco. I wonder if it is a good one. I'm surprised that you don't like the Vizio brand. I would wait for other brands to show up more LED HDTVs at several stores.

When our tv in the bedroom kicked the bucket, my husband and I did our homework. We consistently saw that Samsung was top rated. We purchased a Samsung only to discover when we brought it home that the captions were cumbersome. They were very small and centered toward the center of the screen. We played around with the cc options and the options left us extremely dissatisfied. We wound up returning it that very same day and purchasing a vizio. Unfortunately there was no way to test the captioning in the store, as they all ran off a satellite feed w/no cc's, making the purchase a bit of a gamble. Thankfully the television was just perfect for us.

webexplorer;1462187 For a plasma TV said:
Tell me how come... LCD and Plasma HDTV sets are cheaper cost better than replace new fluorescent tubes. Probably cost of labor for repair service

LCD HDTV and laptop's screen do have fluorescent tubes. I am not familiar how it work. I never try to disassemble to see inside HDTV. :)

Just interested to see some information but it is little old news but worth scroll down to see "Comparison Chart: Plasma vs. LCD"
Technology Introduction To Plasma & LCD TVs

Good information - Plasma vs LCD: black level
Plasma vs. LCD: Black Level | eHow.com

You make sure to check HDTV 240Hz or 120HZ

What's in the hertz? Why would you want a 120hz or 240hz HDTV?

If you have been shopping around for a new HDTV recently you have probably noticed ads for LCD TV's featuring 120hz or 240hz technology. When it comes to television the "Hertz" listed is the actual refresh rate of the screen or how many times the picture is refreshed per second. The faster the number the more images the TV will display giving your eyes a smoother picture. At lower refresh rate of 60hz something called "motion blur" can occur giving your eyes a visual picture that seems just slightly blurry. Usually this is more noticable with faster motion shows like football games or car racing where the images on the screen are moving very fast and aren't very crisp. This newer faster technology significantly improves the quality of the image.

It’s still an HDTV, but you might decide it’s something better.

You make sure to check HDTV 240Hz or 120HZ

What's in the hertz? Why would you want a 120hz or 240hz HDTV?

If you have been shopping around for a new HDTV recently you have probably noticed ads for LCD TV's featuring 120hz or 240hz technology. When it comes to television the "Hertz" listed is the actual refresh rate of the screen or how many times the picture is refreshed per second. The faster the number the more images the TV will display giving your eyes a smoother picture. At lower refresh rate of 60hz something called "motion blur" can occur giving your eyes a visual picture that seems just slightly blurry. Usually this is more noticable with faster motion shows like football games or car racing where the images on the screen are moving very fast and aren't very crisp. This newer faster technology significantly improves the quality of the image.

It’s still an HDTV, but you might decide it’s something better.

Yeah, someone told me about that. Thanks for clearing up some of us.

off subject, I heard that any machine that has 60hz and higher could cause a low profit health problem. It probably has to do with EMF that interfere our body, and it is an ideal of airwaves. I believe that it could be true. I believe that you have seen a warning label on the paper in the package - any electronic device that you bought from any stores. :|

Back