Would anybody eat pizza in Italy?

Pasta I ate in Italy many years ago on a school trip. It is definitely much different than the US version of pasta & sauce taste wise. More spices- for whatever reason it affected my mouth & gums (very sensitive) but good food :).

I visited Italy in August, and I prefer non-Italian Pizza!! Just taste nicer to me and it does depend on where you ear it, also they are BIG!

I, too, wouldn't mind an opportunity to eat true Italian pizza....... or any pasta there, for that matter. As for pepperoni, I eat that, too. :P
Did you try out Costco pizza? Very very good!

UMfk2wb.jpg

Did you try out Costco pizza? Very very good!

the reason why it tastes so good is because of MSG. it activates a pleasure center in your brain. MSG can be as addictive as cocaine.

the reason why it tastes so good is because of MSG. it activates a pleasure center in your brain. MSG can be as addictive as cocaine.

And the reason I've only eaten it twice.

Very interesting!

Are pizzas made of tomato sauce as the ones in Italy?
no. they've never heard of "tomato sauce". garlic and olive oil. that's their "tomato sauce".

I learned something new with this thread! I like garlic and olive oil so i suspect I would like their true pizzas.

Funny, though, that I thought marinara sauce (red sauce) originated in Italy.

I learned something new with this thread! I like garlic and olive oil so i suspect I would like their true pizzas.
if you asked for tomato sauce in Italy, they'd be confused and they'd slice up raw tomatoes for you lol

Funny, though, that I thought marinara sauce (red sauce) originated in Italy.

I think the Italians who migrated to NYC/NJ invented marinara sauce :hmm:

if you asked for tomato sauce in Italy, they'd be confused and they'd slice up raw tomatoes for you lol

I think the Italians who migrated to NYC/NJ invented marinara sauce :hmm:
Don't they make tomato sauce for spaghetti, lasagna, etc ?

Don't they make tomato sauce for spaghetti, lasagna, etc ?

For spaghetti, olive oil, garlic and tomatoes. But according to Reba's link, marinara sauce was invented in Naples so I guess it depends on where in Italy. I was in Rome so it was different.

When I make any Italian food, I cook it with only olive oil and garlic. I don't use marinara sauce. After 2 days in Rome, my families got fed up with Italian food. For me, it was a heaven lol!!!

I can't really remember how long we stayed in Italy. I think 4 days. We went to Rome and Pisa. I don't think I've seen lasagna there.

Greasy pizza isnt always from excessive cheese, olive oil is used all the time to prevent sticking and also applied to the top of pizza

That's not olive oil they're making pizzas with - it's just grease....Dominos, Papa Gino's, whatever - nothing compares of home made....

Laura

Greasy pizza isnt always from excessive cheese, olive oil is used all the time to prevent sticking and also applied to the top of pizza

sticking? they use cornstarch for that. cheaper.

For spaghetti, olive oil, garlic and tomatoes. But according to Reba's link, marinara sauce was invented in Naples so I guess it depends on where in Italy. I was in Rome so it was different.

When I make any Italian food, I cook it with only olive oil and garlic. I don't use marinara sauce. After 2 days in Rome, my families got fed up with Italian food. For me, it was a heaven lol!!!

I can't really remember how long we stayed in Italy. I think 4 days. We went to Rome and Pisa. I don't think I've seen lasagna there.
No marinara/spaghetti sauce on spaghetti w/meatballs and/or Italian sausage? I can't imagine how it would taste that good without the red sauce. My aunt who was born in Italy made them with the red sauce so I don't know what you are talking about.

No marinara/spaghetti sauce on spaghetti w/meatballs and/or Italian sausage? I can't imagine how it would taste that good without the red sauce. My aunt who was born in Italy made them with the red sauce so I don't know what you are talking about.

try it :)

chicken pasta. garlic, olive oil, dried tomatoes, tomatoes, onions.
10418258_10104448538949169_1659437360571941586_n.jpg

I do use spaghetti sauce sometimes but I prefer garlic and olive oil. when in Italy, I guess it depends on where. Naples. Sicily. Rome. Venice. they all do it very differently.

try it :)

chicken pasta. garlic, olive oil, dried tomatoes, tomatoes, onions.
10418258_10104448538949169_1659437360571941586_n.jpg

I do use spaghetti sauce sometimes but I prefer garlic and olive oil. when in Italy, I guess it depends on where. Naples. Sicily. Rome. Venice. they all do it very differently.
Looking good...(drooling). Looks like your dog wanted some.

Back