Why do you do drugs?

Dark-Half

Reaction score
Assuming any of you do, I'm curious what the reason? Escapism? Solely for the feel? Expand your mind? Everyone has different reasons. Myself? I never touched any sort. I even refuse to take asprin for headaches or pain, the only time I take meds is when I got a bad cold.

I must take pain relivers when I get migraine headaches or cramps otherwise, I can't think too clearly and become non-functioning.

Alcohol is a drug so why do I drink wine? It relaxes me and I like the taste. I used to drink it to get buzzed or help me relax around my hearing friends when I was in the hearing world. I realized that it could lead to dependence so I stopped doing that.

Only tried weed once..hated it. Never tried other drug cuz I was too scared of ruining my life

Meh, I used to be a heavy drinker just to pass time. I've always had trouble seeing alcohol as a drug although it is by legal definition. Anything that alters your state of being is considered a drug, especially your mind but wouldn't that make certian foods a drug as well such as chocolate or soda?

i dont using drugs but i would stay away from troubles but my uncle is police officer for prison but im tell you truth.

mostly people who still hooking as drugs for longtimes and police can getting arrest for addict on drugs how long been using same examples as drugs,meths,cocaine,etc on types of drugs.

and im sure mostly people can going to rehab for 6 weeks or more maybe less 6 weeks dues doctor's orders.

mostly movie stars always going rehab for more reasons same drugs or whatevers depends what kind types movie stars having!?! but none of my busniess.

I use anything that is for headaches, cold, flu of anykinds by using tylenol, bayers,advil, any flu or cold med. But like cocaine, marijuanas, and other illegal drugs, I don't use them. It messed up life and seeing by thought they are 80 yr old, but they are in the 30s. I thought, what is the point? And it is addictive and watched like Touched by Angels and Little House on the Prairie, where putting particular person in room only for 2 person that is, watching one who was soo addictive on drugs and seeing what its like to stop the person from drugs and seeing wild reaction out of it. It's freaky.

I never touched any sort. I even refuse to take asprin for headaches or pain, the only time I take meds is when I got a bad cold.

Do you mean aspirin? If yes, what makes you think it is bad? wrong? ???

If you never took aspirins, then how did you get rid of your headaches?

Mediation?

Apuncture?

My aunt doesnt believe in taking medicine (chemicals or drugs, if u will) for any aches or pains. One time she had a migraine headache so bad so she mediated and it went away like in 10 mins. I was like :jaw:

Mediation?

Apuncture?

My aunt doesnt believe in taking medicine (chemicals or drugs, if u will) for any aches or pains. One time she had a migraine headache so bad so she mediated and it went away like in 10 mins. I was like :jaw:

:eek3: Wow, ....

I had tried to mediate... it did not work.... i take pain killer for migraines...grrrr

I have a high tolerance to pain and rarely ever get headaches. If I do, I just ride it out. I don't believe in taking medication unless I absoultely need it or if it's life threatening. I don;t mediate however, except well... in the shower. For some resaon it's the only place I can really think and clear my mind. The water hitting my body distracts my senses and it's well, warm water which is comforting. I just close my eyes and sit or stand and be alone with my thoughts most of the time. I have gotten interesting replies from other forums. Here's one parcuilarly interesting one. Do note the other forum is mainly teenagers and people in their 20s that are more of a rough type crowd with less restrictions on the forum rules. This kid is probably 17-20 somewhere between. Here's what he wrote -

Same to pyp, but moreso to enjoy the parts of reality that are there that people don't see.

I was a nihilist at age 16(if that's possible, living off mommy and daddy yet saying you hate systematic order) and hadn't an ounce of anything but hate in my body, and was pleasured by thoughts of destruction and end. I could have walked up to someone and shot them clear in the face, hypothetically feeling no remorse(obviously I have not actually experienced that scenario)

My best friend and I went to a rave, and the emotions I felt(synthetic to my personality or not) really blew my mind. I became more accepting of everyone, tolerant, sincere, and loving. To believe people strive only for survival and greed/lust like primates then to see 2 guys bump into each other, with it obviously being one of their faults, having them both apologize with their heart and give each other that nod that says 'take care friend' without even knowing this person at all. Now imagine not 2 people, but hundreds or thousands of people in the same emotional state? A sense of belonging and right in the world that really just changed my life.

Perhaps it isn't just the drug, but the people that do it. P.L.U.R. - the raver's code. Peace, Love, Unity, Respect. Even if 80% of the people there don't live the code every day, all of us being together in the same place at the same time just gives you a feeling that the world might not be as horrible a place as you thought it was.

Also, I like to get fucked up.

Where he says 'same to pyp' he's relating to another guys post where the guy stated he used it simply as an escape to reality and to sometimes enchance moments of reality.

Depends on kind of medicines that I have to take like for... Flu or Cough or Bad Cold, but I rarely take the meds unless if I have a very bad headache that I can't make it go away and during at work, then I have to take the medicine for my headache... But my boyfriend, Sequoias' mother, she's truly different. She dont take any chemical or whatever medicines, but Herbs Medicines she will take them, she's very healthy person plus she will massage herself to make stuffs to fade away, wow she's amazing!

Medicines are not the answer to every illness. Headache is probably a result of STRESS.

SO stop popping those damn pills, and take a BREATHER-- and drink some water while you can when you put down your damn pepsi soda cans.

People just need some TIME-OUT. That is what yoga is for!

Jesus... people are SO brainwashed to pop any pill for ANY DISCOMFORT in their body. Pills are not magic pills!

Try drinking water more than you drink sodas, exercise (take the stairs, not the elevator), drink teas instead of frappos, eat more fruits and vegetables, stop eating fast-food, and stay clean (meaning: shower and soap up the behind of your ears). Those simple steps equals a healthy lifestyle.

TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They actually mean it when they said: "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."

****BACK TO THE POINT********

I never tried any type of drugs. I never got drunk. People I know kept saying that pot is a "natural herb" and that it should be legal. Well. I think it is a problem if you are high-strung to get a new batch of pot and you are dead-broke but you decided to sell your baby to get 15$ to buy a bag.... and your last weed was only 5 hours ago. (Serious, I have seen it happened-- well omitted the whole "sell your baby" thing)

I use legal and illegal drugs to gain different perspectives of life. They re not bad IF you know how to use them moderately.

Why do I use drugs? What is the purpose of doing stuffs that potentially hazardous to my health? The answer is life can be so bitch and you need a temporary escape from the reality. Also, drugs can help you to overcome terrible situations. Some people use drugs to help them to have 'visualize' something that no other can see. These people are usually artists and maybe religious leaders.

Only tried weed once..hated it. Never tried other drug cuz I was too scared of ruining my life

I dont think its drugs but its more of your fear of being not be in taking a control of your life.

I have seen many sucessfully people who are on drugs and they re doing fine.

I was a nihilist at age 16(if that's possible, living off mommy and daddy yet saying you hate systematic order)

Living off mommy and daddy and hating systematic order is the definition of a 16 year old. ;)

I could have walked up to someone and shot them clear in the face, hypothetically feeling no remorse(obviously I have not actually experienced that scenario)

Either you're exaggerating, or you're a psycopath. My guess is you're exaggerating. Well, my hope, anyway.

I have a very low tolerance for pain, so I take painkillers if I have a bad headache or bad cramps. If I just attempt to ride it out, I'd start throwing up and that just causes the pain to get worse and I throw up more, and so forth.. it's a bad cycle so I take painkillers and the pain goes away. I don't take the medication as soon as I feel the pain, no, but rather wait it out for maybe about an hour and if after the first feelings of pain, it's worse, I'd take medication. It helps me function better.

I used to smoke a little of weed because it helped clear my asthma, much better than my medicated inhaler did. I haven't smoked in a long time, though. So now my asthma's been getting worse since I'm only on the inhaler... but whatever. If it means I have to go back to going to the ER every month or two, so be it. I don't want to lose my kids over smoking... but on the bad side, I can die from asthma. When I smoked weed, I was breathing much better due to my lungs and muscles relaxing themselves. After I started, I didn't go to the ER for 4 years, the LONGEST ever since I started getting asthma attacks. Before then, it was usually about 6 to 8 times an year. Not good.

I dont think its drugs but its more of your fear of being not be in taking a control of your life.

I have seen many sucessfully people who are on drugs and they re doing fine.

I have seen what drugs did to my cousin...no thanks. I dont want to live a life as a streetwalker getting money for sex to pay for my drug habit. :ugh3:

You won't get headaches or severe headaches often when you drink plenty of liquid EXCEPT caffeine. I'm not saying that you should not drink caffeine but less.

If you got headaches then use more exercising then your headaches will be away within few minutes. It helps to forget pain when you are busy.. I often do that.

I don't use any medical to rid of headaches but severe headaches. I use Vitimain C like this...http://img.stern.de/_content/51/49/514967/grippe_dpa3_250.jpg and add some ice cubes into a small plastic bag and fold them with small towel and put them on my forehead and sleep for a while until headache disappeared.

Mediation?

Apuncture?

Mediated migraine headaches and then disappear within 10 minutes? Interesting... :eek3: How long will it come back after medicated migraine headaches treatment? Will it stop forever?

I noticed a lot of people confused severe headaches or form of headaches with migraine headaches. Have migraine is the mainly worst than severe headaches and other headaches. It's really impossible to have execrise to get migraine headaches off... but hate to see bright lights or noises, have anyone to touch or pat me or talk me... all what I do is scream them to leave me alone and stick on the corner and cover my head with my hands and arms to aviod bright light or lie in a dark room... feeling sick (nausea), vomiting, full sweat... Really horrible... I had experience like that.... sooo horrible... I had it when I was a little girl until I got a first period at age 11 and then back again after married and move in Germany... Suffer until I had Alan, my second son... then disappear... I don't have migraine headaches for 11 years now *knock on wood*...

Back