Why do you do drugs?

I am sorry, but I don't know anything about those powders. My professor talked about ibuprofen, asprin, naproxen, and vioxx. He pointed out some important enzymes and their functions. He said that FDA probably will ban vioxx because it has a bad side effect, can cause a stroke.

alright.. no problem. that's because those two powder are more exclusive to southern states. but BC are sold here in Arizona somewhat. no sign of Goody's being sold here in Az. I do have a box of BC.

anyway, both are made by same company.. again anyway..

They both have 3 main active Ingredients that is
Aspirin Caffeine and Acetaminophen or Salicylamide

although Goody's has same formula that Excedrin has eh

I asked because powdered forms act quicker than Excedrin or other aspirin in non-powdered thou... :)

Yes Vioxx has side effects. Same as Celebrex as well and can also causes heart problem. Bummer.

I am sorry, but I don't know anything about those powders. My professor talked about ibuprofen, asprin, naproxen, and vioxx. He pointed out some important enzymes and their functions. He said that FDA probably will ban vioxx because it has a bad side effect, can cause a stroke.

I guess I just took a wrong path in life. I really regret this now as Hash makes you really weak and stupid. Also some dealers mix other stuff with it. The people I was living with were forever abusing drugs such as cocain, speed, heroin, methadone etc... I am very lucky I didn't move on to the harder stuff myself. I think part of it is wanting to escape. Also because my flat mates lifestyle was a living hell for me. So I took drugs to try and escape from it all. I had a very low self esteme. It took my current guide dog Jilli to save me from that life. I got so depressed I was about to take an overdose but then Jilli stopped me. She came up to me and put her nose against me. It was like she was saying "what about me?" so I didn't take the overdose after all. I made myself intentionally homeless instead. I am lucky to be alive after the kind of things I used to get up to. I have a lot to thank Jilli for.

Now I lead a drug free vegan lifestyle. I feel so much healthier now.

The thing about modern drugs, they CAUSE more problems than temporary solve. This is why doctors don't suggest long-term use because inturn it will make more of the problems show up easily. I only suggest taking such drugs in extreme situations whereas its 100% necessary or inorder to preserve or save your life. Humans are creatures that crave stimiulation, which is basically anything that mingles with our minds or triggers emotions. It's when we get the most stimiulation is when we feel most alive. I can't explain why people do drugs, even if I tried them myself in the pursuit of knowledge to gain prespective it's only my own and would not account for everyone else.. thus this thread. The conclusion I've came to is that there are far too many factors to account and that there won't be a simple answer.

In the grand scheme of life drugs are neither moral or immoral. Although I'd suggest that if you want to prolong your life at least try to moderate them as much as possible and if it affects people dear to you in a negative way drop it. If people try to influnce you to take them, don't ever. It's your own deciscion. This is my penny rant. Cheers.

Im drug user and would want to marry to heavy drug user!

Drink alcohol is drug
Smoke weed is also drug too
Taking the medical is also drug as well too
Sniff any gas or fume or gas leaking makes u feel drugged.
Drinking caffines or energy for instance, red bull etc... are drugs too!

I don't think any one can live with out the drugs in this world.

I smoke the cigarettes, and I find it as my pleasure. I sometimes smoke the marijuana and find it as pleasure, I drink and find it as pleasure, etc etc etc.

You will not get it unless you tried it. If you are not safisated(sp?), then try practice alittle more, but if not, then simple don't do it.

I smoke the cigarettes, and I find it as my pleasure. I sometimes smoke the marijuana and find it as pleasure, I drink and find it as pleasure, etc etc etc.

You will not get it unless you tried it. If you are not safisated(sp?), then try practice alittle more, but if not, then simple don't do it.

Simple that will do. Its like how to go with the flow! That one!

Um, almost everyone consumes drugs in small amount. Cocoa (chocolate) has a few drugs in it. Sodas and coffee have caffeine, a stimulant drug. Alcohol is a drug found in beers, wine, and cocktails. They are highly addictive. People experience withdrawal symptoms if they stop consuming them after long periods of chronic consumption.

All drugs have side effects, especially in high doses. But again, so do all foods... for example, too much fiber can cause a lot of gas. Too much water can cause frequent urination. Too much sodium can cause blood pressure to go up a little. Too much of anything is not good.

It's the dose that makes a huge difference. All the horror stories you hear are often the result of drug *abuse.* Meth addicts take meth several times the recommended dose needed for a "mood lift." Alcoholics consume several times above the recommended dose needed for heart health.

But there are healthy people taking speed everyday to treat their ADD/ADHD and they do well as long as they stick to the recommended doses. There are people drinking everyday and have excellent benefits from it. Even consuming moderate caffeine is believed to cut down the risk of suicide. Depressed people benefit from taking daily antidepressants which are psychoactive drugs.

But all drugs can cause some serious side effects in some patients. Just because one person has psychosis on "speed" does not mean the other person will have it. Most never had it. Just because some people committed suicide on antidepressants doesn't mean that all will do it. People have different reaction to drugs.

It's a decision everyone has to make. Surely, they may not really need drugs but if their mental health is seriously compromised, then drugs can help aid them recover along with psychotherapy. Some drugs can be taken indefinitely while some don't.

But a lot of people like to consume drugs to help them get through. And those drugs are often in form of coffee, sodas, tobacco, and drinks.

Smartasses. :roll:

This thread topic is drugs, as in narcotics. Not stimulants and depressants. The mainstream use of the word "drug" is understood as illegal narcotics. Yes, almost everyone consumes caffeine or alcohol, but that's not the intended subject matter of the thread.

This thread topic is drugs, as in narcotics. Not stimulants and depressants. The mainstream use of the word "drug" is understood as illegal narcotics. Yes, almost everyone consumes caffeine or alcohol, but that's not the intended subject matter of the thread.

Um, you don't know what you're talking about. Narcotic means a drug derived from opium. Narcotic is now refered to an illegal drug (even cocaine and marijuana are considered narcotics even though they aren't technically narcotics - it shows how stupid FDA is).

People posted about *any* drugs, not just illegal drugs. They talked about smoking cigs. They talked about drinking. Clearly, it's not just "illegal drugs" they were talking about.

Additionally, dark-life was clearly talking about any drugs, not just illegal drugs. He counted aspirin as a drug, which he is correct. He also admits having a hard time seeing alcohol as a drug.

Alcohol is a drug found in drinks. Caffeine is a drug found in teas, chocolate, most sodas, and coffee. Nicotine is a drug in cigarettes.

Alcohol is a hard drug, not a soft drug. Meth is a hard drug. Nicotine is a hard drug. Pot and LSD are soft drugs meaning that they don't led to dangerous addiction or overdoses despite profound changes in their consciousness.

I've never taken illegal drugs (never had the desire to) but I do take medication for migraines. As someone who has a long history of migraine headaches, I've tried "waiting it out," but I just can't do it because of my sensitivity to sound and nausea/vomiting. I wish this weren't the case, but if the only way I can function is to take an Imitrex pill, that's the way it has to be. I also take medication for allergies which can be severe during the spring, summer and fall. Aside from that, I don't take any other meds, try to limit my intake of caffinated drinks and exercise on a regular basis.

Assuming any of you do, I'm curious what the reason? Escapism? Solely for the feel? Expand your mind? Everyone has different reasons. Myself? I never touched any sort. I even refuse to take asprin for headaches or pain, the only time I take meds is when I got a bad cold.

wow, good question..

I have a high tolerant for all the pains except the non-stoppable running cold nose. I am sick of cold nose during only winter time... GRRRRR
If I accidently kick something so harder... I wont take any pill or a kind of medinice because it will make me moody, so dowsny, high hyperical, and up-down-up-down moods. PLUS, they are not really help me a lot.. So, i have to put ices on any location of my mere leg.
If I am on high fever, I have to put myself in warm-colder bath to reduce the temp. instead of taking some pills for medinice. Even my period! I can bear it no what matter. i never take a medinice. otherwise, it can cause my mood and my body differently!

FOR ONE REASON, my body is reaction to medinices. So, I dont take them very much. XD :D EXCEPT... my stupid cold nose wont healing at all and I have to take a few medinices.. ugh

I hope this is the right answer to your questions. *shrugs* XD XD XD

PS-- sorry for lousy vocabarty. I suck at words. XD XD

Back