Who gave you your sign name?

Hey anakin - this response to your video from me :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXr4xpugrg]YouTube - Jclarke's reply[/ame]

You need to work on your ASL grammar a bit more, you're getting rusty. :lol: ;)

And you do look like a piss-head in that video. The face is a classic. :laugh2: The disgusted face is funny!

You need to work on your ASL grammar a bit more, you're getting rusty. :lol: ;)

And you do look like a piss-head in that video. The face is a classic. :laugh2: The disgusted face is funny!
That's the purpose of my ASL skill, souggy ---- I am uploading my other video for deafvideo.tv in lightening speed but I need to brush up my ASL more before I crash down in L.A

That's the purpose of my ASL skill, souggy ---- I am uploading my other video for deafvideo.tv in lightening speed but I need to brush up my ASL more before I crash down in L.A

touch down, not crash down. practice your english idiom as well :)

gatecrash. crash down. those are 2 terms you do not want to use for DC and NYC :|
aw man, I shouldn't say that but it was a joke.

I should just say touch down :/

:giggle: I'd like to put in my vote for the J Kangaroo! It's Awesome! I also think someone :cool2: needs to tidy their room! :giggle:

Also Jiro, If you like the checked/ flanel shirt look, come to the UK, they are REALLY in fashion at the moment :lol:

HAHAHAHA oh jclarke! i loved your facial expression, it was a combination of :squint: and :mad2:!

:rofl:

JClake , you sign is ASL or aussie sign language ???

On topic , i not have offical sign name but when i at school everyone gave me different sign name. Someone gave me sign name "CH" because my name is Chris. Other few people use gave me sign name " CS" Becuase it is my first and second name. Most people gave me sign name "C Stick" Because everyone know me i am disabilty i use walk with stick So everyone called it. I know it seen harsh but i not mind it because i know they not mean it , just everyone know who i am.

SuperChris, I am fluent in both languages - :cool2:

I know, that you guys would laugh at my video, I lol'ed at it too.

I really goota learn more ASL!! I didn't get much more than your name.:giggle:

I was given a sign name by my first ASL teacher. I have extremely distinctive hair color. I have a natural silver streak of hair over my right eye. So my sign name is to fingerspell a J at my hairline right over my right eye.

Pic of me to show my hair. This is a semi-old pic...my hair is much shorter now.
Me.jpg

My sign name and educational DVDs in full ASL. No cost.

I was unsure if a CODA could give a sign name. My own personal logic made sense. That was: a CODA grew up in the Deaf culture and, therefore, can rightly give a sign name. The young man that gave me my sign name didn't know my last name and gave me a sign name based on the first and last letter of my first name. I do love my sign name because it matches my personality. My sign name is: (right hand dominant) J-hand at the left check and switch to N-hand pull across as of signing "smile". I grew up with the young man that gave me the sign name. I didn't know he was a CODA because him and his parents were estranged. We met each other again after 9 years and he introduced me to the beautiful language. Now, I've pursued ASL in another state. In fact, I've even begun to teach the Bible in ASL. I also have educational DVDs in full ASL; if anyone is interest, I'd more than willing to share. Please email mccoy.jazmin@ymail.com for more information.
HAPPY SIGNING! :D

I am not sure if I ever remember who did at first but maybe it was Diana McCabe's idea to find a sign name for me because of my dimples. Diana was my toddler class/nursery teacher from my old deaf school. Then my whole folks and deaf classmates got that idea to sign my name from her and use it ever since to now.

My terps gave me a sign name. I guess that isn't normal, but I didn't know that. :dunno2:It just came naturally, as we spend a lot of time together and have become friends. I went HoH later in life (mid 20's) and don't have any deaf or HoH friends. My name is Brittney, my sign name is B, by my face, then take the B sign and do the short sign with a B. I am 4'11" tall. It seems to make sense to me this is my sign name. Short Brittney. Actually, even hearing friends would call me that when they talked about me to know which Brittney they were talking about. I guess I wish people were more apt to discribe me as "pretty Brittney" or something :giggle: But oh well. Short it is!

Back